• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(26157)

Corporal
Feb 25, 2004
Hi there. I have a question concerning the function of alliances in AGCEEP historical mod. Im not sure if there already is a thread concerning this question, but I didn't find one.
I played with 2 friends of mine a LAN-game and the first hundred years everything went the known way and there occured no problems.
Now we are allied with each other and I am leader of the alliance. I'm playing as the Teutonic Order and Austria declared war upon me. I asked my allied friends to join me in the war and they accepted. But suddenly both of them lose 5 points of stability, while I'm still at +3. There is no further information about the reason of this loss given. They only get 5 "We lost Stability"-windows and the war turned into a big problem.

Does anybody know why they are losing stability? The first hundred years in similar situations there was no loss as described above.

Hallsten said:
Check the log. It's possible that they were married to the countries they declared war upon. Breaking a RM will make you lose 1 stability.

Hmm...thanks for your quick reply, but i fear that's not the reason. The only one having royal marriages with 3 out of the enemy alliance is me. But I'm the one (as said above) who is not losing stability.

PontifexMaximus said:
Hmm...thanks for your quick reply, but i fear that's not the reason. The only one having royal marriages with 3 out of the enemy alliance is me. But I'm the one (as said above) who is not losing stability.

Austria declared war on you, not you on them, so you should not lose stability.
However your friends might perhaps not only have had Royal Marriages with Austria but also granted them e.g. military access which would mean a 2nd stab hit when they join you in the war.

I will ask my friends as soon as possible to check their gamelog. But I understood right, that if they had a RM/Military Access etc. it should be seen in the Gamelog? At least in their gamelog?

My friends are playing as Portugal and England and I have a copy of the last entrances of the gamelog. But I can find no information in this:

name = "March 26, 1506 : Austria declared war upon us!"
name = "March 26, 1506 : Venice joined the war on the same side as Austria in their war against Teutonic Order."
name = "March 26, 1506 : Order of St John joined the war on the same side as Venice and Austria in their war against "
name = "Teutonic Order."
name = "March 26, 1506 : Brittany joined the war on the same side as Venice, Austria and Order of St John in their war "
name = "against Teutonic Order."
name = "March 26, 1506 : Aragon joined the war on the same side as Venice, Austria, Order of St John and Brittany in their "
name = "war against Teutonic Order."
name = "March 26, 1506 : Genoa joined the war on the same side as Venice, Austria, Order of St John, Brittany and Aragon "
name = "in their war against Teutonic Order."
name = "March 29, 1506 : England joined the war on the same side as Teutonic Order in their war against Venice, Austria, "
name = "Order of St John, Brittany, Aragon and Genoa."
name = "March 29, 1506 : Portugal joined the war on the same side as Teutonic Order and England in their war against "
name = "Venice, Austria, Order of St John, Brittany, Aragon and Genoa."

I'll check the logs of my friends, but they are unfortunatly not on my harddisk, so it may take a day or two. Thanks for your questions and support. It's really important because we all loved this campaign for the first hundred years and fear to be victim of some kind of bug (hopefully not) so that we might have to stop the campaign.
I'm looking forward to give further details...

If there was a truce in effect between your friends and Austria, they will lose 5 stability by going to war with Austria again, even if it's to assist an ally. Breaking truce is the only thing that will drop 5 stability points anyway, so that's what it was.

Thanks a lot Rhodz. I checked everything in you are right. That was the reason. Next time I will think more carefully about reasons for such a loss, before asking here. But anyway: thanks for all replies.