• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yes! (windows 7 32 bits) Is the first time I heard about that issue. There is a solution?
IF AND ONLY IF you have 3gb or more of available system memory:
1: Open Command Prompt (it's in Accessories in Vista)
2: Set it to be in Admin mode http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc947813(v=ws.10).aspx
3: Paste this in: bcdedit /set increaseuserva 2560
4: Restart
5: If you ever need to undo: BCDEdit /deletevalue increaseuserva

But you'd really need to start looking to switch to 64bit Windows, and 4gb or more of memory.

Reactions:
IF AND ONLY IF you have 3gb or more of available system memory:
1: Open Command Prompt (it's in Accessories in Vista)
2: Set it to be in Admin mode http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc947813(v=ws.10).aspx
3: Paste this in: bcdedit /set increaseuserva 2560
4: Restart
5: If you ever need to undo: BCDEdit /deletevalue increaseuserva

But you'd really need to start looking to switch to 64bit Windows, and 4gb or more of memory.

I already have that activated ( I play lots of game that need that extra memory activated). Also, the game only uses like 1,4 gb of ram (more o less) when CTD... nles the memory usage skyrockets just before the crash, I ll check it (maybe a memory leak of some kind?)

In any case, if the minimun is 32 bits, the game needs to stay that... (and thats why I want HOI IV to be only 64 bits so the game can grow bigger.. and to force me to buy a new computer.. and also, I want to play Cities Skylines too :))

edit: nope, 1,3 gb. It always crash on the second autosave (doesnt matter if monthly or five years). The first one is always good

Last edited:
Do you have access to a 64bit machine to try that game on?

Do you have access to a 64bit machine to try that game on?

Im not playing any game. Im trying to start a fresh new game but no matter what it always crash. (started one with spain, one custom..) All DLCs* no mods.

*All majors, and some of the Skins/songs/others DLC

Hello,

I had time today to check everything again. And for some reason I didnt have activated the increaseuserva anymore (maybe a windows update? antivirus too clever?). I'm pretty sure I had it activated before as I need it to play Planetary Anihilattion, battlefield 3, Random HOI III and some other games/mods.

In any case, I setted it again and is not crashing anymore. It's a bit weird anyway, as the memory usage of the game never goes up to 1.4 gb, but nevermind.

Thx for your help and time AndrewT.

Well I've noticed that it happens to me whenever I try to save/autosave aswell, and I have Windows 8, 32-bit but its an x64 based processor. It's basically just shuts the game down and brings me to the desktop without any message.

Well I've noticed that it happens to me whenever I try to save/autosave aswell, and I have Windows 8, 32-bit but its an x64 based processor. It's basically just shuts the game down and brings me to the desktop without any message.
The processor bittage has nothing to do with it. With 32bit Windows you are limited to 2gb for the game, and that causes exactly this problem. Do what I suggested in post #22 and that will fix it for the time being, but you need to be planning to move to 64bit Windows when you can.