• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

LordofSaxony

a Relic
63 Badges
Apr 1, 2009
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Rome Gold
  • Sengoku
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • 500k Club
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • BATTLETECH
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Prison Architect
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Victoria 2
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
Since I'm waiting on the list on the other succession game (I'm last), I thought it would be nice to start up another one too for those with extra time. What I'm proposing is that we don't have a play list, but instead we follow the rule of... You can play when there isn't anyone currently playing, but after you play you need to wait at least (2) generations before you can play again. In otherwords, once you play you need to wait for 2 other people to play before you can step in again.

Therefore, if you notice that the last person posted that he/she is done playing along with the link to the save file, and no one has posted in this thread declaring that they are currently playing, then you can pick up the saved file that the previous person posted and continue. When you continue, post that you are currently "in the game" and playing that generation. When your done playing, post that your done along with your saved file.

How do those rules sound? I think it may open it up a bit more rather than waiting for people on the list to come around. Now, I'm just wondering who we would play as. I'm pretty much open for anything in England, France, Byzantine, or Spain. Probably start as a count, with no wife, and no heirs if possible. This sound cool? :D

Here's what I wrote in the other thread about some ideas
I did some searching around for other prime candidates for us to play. Basically I was looking for anyone who is young and/or not married and/or and without children.

(French) Baudouin de Guines - North France, 27 years old, no kids, no wife. First person gets a long run, picks his wife, and hopefully has offspring to start our dynasty. Has the title of Count of Guines, on the north tip of France between rest of France and England, and a little to the east is the Kingdom of Germany.

(French) Raymond-Bernard Trencavel - South East France, 30, married to a 15/16 (says 15, but the game is set to pause before it begins, probably flips to 16 at the start), has no children, has both titles of Count of Carcassonne and Montpellier. Starts with the advantage of having 2 counties, on the edge of south France, in which Montpellier is a coastal town. Good position for people wishing to expand due to south spain being a short boat ride away. Also right next to the Kingdom of Germany, and a little to the west, the Kingdom of Aragon.

(French) Foulques d'Anjou - Northern area of France, holds the title Count of Tourraine, brother to Duke of Anjou. Inherits dukedom, unless the Duke can bare a male son. Foulques is married, but has no children yet. He's 25 years old, lots of time for the first person to reign.

(English) Odo De Conteville - South right area of England, 36 years old, doesn't have a wife, doesn't have children. He has the title of Count of Kent. The first person gets to pick a wife and start our dynasty.

(Brittany/French) Geoffry de Rennes - North left tip of France, currently a part of the Dukedom of Brittany (which I've seen usually cede to France really early on). 41 years old, no wife, no kids. Holds title of Count of Rennes.

BTW, I have CK DV 2.0.

Well the count of Schwaben is a 19 year old with Martial Education, unmarried, no heirs and no family to speak of... Still he's a Hohenzollern and that's great :p! I suggest we pick him and pray that Germany falls apart, this way the ground will be quite fertile. France and England are usually stronger, limiting our opportunities, unless we take on Crusading.