• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
We'll start of as the Count of Vermandois then.

Here's the playing order, i used random.org:

1.Draztikus
2.LouisXI
3.GJScarritt
4.deadmeat1471
5.pilsen
6.Cromelex
7.pdubz
8.Sam L
9.LordofSaxony
10.rsobota

Draztikus, you may start off the heirs of Charlemagne :)

The link to the official AAR thread:
http://www.europa-universalis.com/forum/showthread.php?t=446220

Last edited:
I just ran a handsoff test game and I didn't become duke in 1067! Instead, my father in law croaked rather quickly, my son inerited his lands and then was crowned duke by the king :p I hope something similar happens once I start actually playing and taking notes/screenshots :p

also, are we supposed to play on a certain difficulty/aggressiveness level? I usually play very hard/coward to avoid the AI doing too much stupid stuff

also, are we supposed to play on a certain difficulty/aggressiveness level? I usually play very hard/coward to avoid the AI doing too much stupid stuff

Oh, we didn't discuss this little part.

Yeah, I guess something like hard or very hard / coward. The last part is essential to avoid having the AI acting silly.

Great! This looks great.

So are we going to have salic primogeniture always to ensure that the first born always succeeds?

Also, are we going to marry off our sons or should they be left so that the successor can decide himself? I think that would be better and would also make the gap between generations wider.

Great! This looks great.

So are we going to have salic primogeniture always to ensure that the first born always succeeds?

Also, are we going to marry off our sons or should they be left so that the successor can decide himself? I think that would be better and would also make the gap between generations wider.

For the first question, I think it should be up to user and his character, save elective law of course. For the second, that's a good question. I think if our characters live to be a very old age and the heir is in his 40's, its only fair to find him a wife so the next player has something less to worry about.

For the first question, I think it should be up to user and his character, save elective law of course. For the second, that's a good question. I think if our characters live to be a very old age and the heir is in his 40's, its only fair to find him a wife so the next player has something less to worry about.
Yep alternatively if you marry off your son at 16, you could be a grand dad at 32. And if you live till like 70, you could be skipping a generation.

But the main problem I find is that I don't want to inherit a character with a wife. I would rather choose a wife for myself. But then I suppose I do get to choose a wife for my son?

I'm not sure. Maybe it's best to just leave it up to the person in charge.

Also remember that if you don't want to marry off your son then you also can't give him a county as he'll find a (usually shitty) wife himself. And as you become a duke rather fast 99% of the time and the first heir is set to inherit someone else's counties anyway...

Yep alternatively if you marry off your son at 16, you could be a grand dad at 32. And if you live till like 70, you could be skipping a generation.

But the main problem I find is that I don't want to inherit a character with a wife. I would rather choose a wife for myself. But then I suppose I do get to choose a wife for my son?

I'm not sure. Maybe it's best to just leave it up to the person in charge.

I think leaving the person in charge is the best idea. Sure, I would like to choose my own wife, but that may complicate things and leave a large amount of time that a dynasty could develop but it can't because the person can't marry the kids off to produce more heirs until the next person plays.

Since I notice that my characters usually live until about 60 or so (hopefully) I would probably start producing heirs in his 40's, so when someone new plays he may have a 14-25 year old that has plenty of years on him to play.

I think leaving the person in charge is the best idea. Sure, I would like to choose my own wife, but that may complicate things and leave a large amount of time that a dynasty could develop but it can't because the person can't marry the kids off to produce more heirs until the next person plays.

Since I notice that my characters usually live until about 60 or so (hopefully) I would probably start producing heirs in his 40's, so when someone new plays he may have a 14-25 year old that has plenty of years on him to play.
Agreed. I think that's the only way. Otherwise, it's too manufactured and restricted.

So when are we starting?

Agreed. I think that's the only way. Otherwise, it's too manufactured and restricted.

So when are we starting?

Apparently now. I checked the AAR forum and Draztikus has finished his turn. Looks like he did a good job on Crusading. I'm about to start and continue the legacy of Charlemagne :).

==EDIT==

I played until 1096 and then I saved on January 1st incase of a crash, and the game crashed as soon as it started saving. I realised then that Draztikus forgot to include the .cfg file for the saved game. Could you please upload it? :D

Last edited: