• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

TheDungen

Field Marshal
80 Badges
Jan 31, 2015
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Humble Paradox Bundle
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • War of the Roses
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Age of Wonders
  • Age of Wonders II
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
Seriously email list subscribers to unlock stuff...? this is not 1995, at least factor in Facebook likes I will gladly like you on facebook but no I am not giving you my email. Get with the times

And I'm talking about this
https://www.aow-planetfall.com/

Surviving Mars did it too. How else are you supposed to receive updates? If you don't mind periodically checking, that's your preference. If you don't want to give your email, don't give. Don't make a thread...No one cares.

Surviving Mars did it too. How else are you supposed to receive updates? If you don't mind periodically checking, that's your preference. If you don't want to give your email, don't give. Don't make a thread...No one cares.
How else? Like them on facebook? Or on Twitter? Or any modern social media platform. Sign up to updates on the steam page for the game? Or the Triumph Twitch? Or A youtube channel?
It serves their purposes a lot better since it actually increases the chance that their stuff will show up in other people's random feeds and also it does not clog up my mailbox.
Like I said email lists are so 1990s, it's been 20 years since the 90s ended. Get. With. The. Times!

How else? Like them on facebook? Or on Twitter? It serves their purposes a lot better since it actually increases the chance that their stuff will show up in other people's random feeds and also it does not clog up my mailbox.
Like I said email lists are so 1990s.
They're not asking you for your email for advertising as their primary purpose, they're asking you so you can receive updates on the game. They already have linked you to Facebook and Twitter on Imperator and AOW will likely do it soon too.

They're not asking you for your email for advertising as their primary purpose, they're asking you so you can receive updates on the game. They already have linked you to Facebook and Twitter on Imperator and AOW will likely do it soon too.
Yeah but wouldn't it be a lot better to count facebook followers than people who subscribe to their email list for the purposes of unlocking new stuff? It's better for them, since thigns cna go viral on facebook in a way they can't with maillists and it is better for us since Facebook is a much better platform for updates.

At the moment what I will most likely do is sign up my junkmail account and never bother to open a single one of their mails, or maybe just list it all as junkmail and have it go directly in the trash. I get 30 emails a day on my email, I think I read one or two a month.

Seriously email list subscribers to unlock stuff...? this is not 1995, at least factor in Facebook likes I will gladly like you on facebook but no I am not giving you my email. Get with the times

I'd much rather just give someone just an email address than encourage companies to data-mine every aspect of my life on Facebook.

I don't even get an e-mail when trying to subscribe to that site. It leads me to believe Paradox banned me for being over-critical about their DLC antics. :D

I'd much rather just give someone just an email address than encourage companies to data-mine every aspect of my life on Facebook.
Well I have already said I fully understand some people feel that way but a lot of people also prefer facebook as their method of communication and it feels odd we should be excluded.

I don't even get an e-mail when trying to subscribe to that site.

I didn't get the confirmation yet, either. I think it may be backlogged a little.

As for Facebook, I'm with the folks who prefer the email sign-up approach to having to use Facebook. (I also favor traditional forums over FB groups and such.)

You're aware that Triumph is likely not responsible for the marketing, right? It's the same system than Imperator Rome because it's Paradox publisher that handles marketing...

Besides,

And they need your mail address to be able to link rewards to your Paradox account.

You're aware that Triumph is likely not responsible for the marketing, right? It's the same system than Imperator Rome because it's Paradox publisher that handles marketing...

Besides,

And they need your mail address to be able to link rewards to your Paradox account.
They can have my email for that purpose but I would prefer it if they didn't send me any newletters. I will receive the same information through social media, why should I have to get a outdated method of communication that I won't be using just to get this stuff.
And I know it's paradox, hence why I am asking at the paradox forums for the game.

And I'm talking about this
https://www.aow-planetfall.com/

Email is universal - everybody and his daughter can receive it.
FB - while widespread (sadly) - is not nearly as universal. And - like MySpace - it could be replaced by the next great social platform - while email most likely would still be around.

Email is universal - everybody and his daughter can receive it.
FB - while widespread (sadly) - is not nearly as universal. And - like MySpace - it could be replaced by the next great social platform - while email most likely would still be around.
So? It's not exactly a long term commitment. And facebook won't dissappear over night.

They can have my email for that purpose but I would prefer it if they didn't send me any newletters. I will receive the same information through social media, why should I have to get a outdated method of communication that I won't be using just to get this stuff.
And I know it's paradox, hence why I am asking at the paradox forums for the game.

You are in the Paradox development sub-forum, not the Paradox publishing one. Of course it's all Paradox but feedback is best adressed when directed at the relevant department.

Correct. But - again - mail gets to everybody, FB just to a large percentage.
I haven't suggested not letting people get it by mail though only that facebook should count too.

You are in the Paradox development sub-forum, not the Paradox publishing one. Of course it's all Paradox but feedback is best adressed when directed at the relevant department.
If the mods feel it's in the wrong place they'll move it.