• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Sorry late reply. I try not to post unless I have worthwhile news. The plan is to have a release available around the end of this month. Depending of course on how much editing I'll have to do if a new HIP comes out before.

I have been sidetracked foolishly with updating history files at the expense of trying to improve or create actual mechanics. However the plus side is that there are now several historic mamluk characters with actual family members as well as more of al-Nasir's massive family and in laws. The mamluks are starting to feel like a ruling elite with inter relations.

e.g Salar the vice sultan missing from the game who ruled Egypt jointly with Baibars Jashnakir until al-Nasir finally overthrew them. He is one of the earliest mamluk emirs for whom good information exists on his extended family as well as descendants. I need to add his 3 renaming siblings. A few other major emirs have had family members added too.

View attachment 575652

I also have started updating Egypt itself with landed mamluk era historical elites where possible on top of continuing to add to chunks of Syrian history titles.

From now on I will update history as I go along in an ad hoc fashion. Mainly focusing on making the various mamluk systems work. I will probably post another update soon to show what I mean.
Any news on how things are going with the mod? Just a general status update would be fine.

TMM History Only release - 09.07.20 - EMF & SWMH required
Any news on how things are going with the mod? Just a general status update would be fine.

Speak of the devil.....

I should really release something. This version adds most of the large history file updates I have been working on. Still working on the actual full version containing all my various poor man attempts at representing military slavery.

- Found another historical wife for Baibars al-Zahir
- Massive update to Qalawunid family tree with various improvements. Corrected the ethnicity of his spouses and added more historical in laws as well as children.
- More major non-royal mamluk emirs now have their male progeny
- More historical count and duke tier rulers in the Mamluk Levant as well as a fully mapped out Mamluk al-Bira frontier.
- More historical late Ayyubid and Mamluk era governors in various parts of Egypt. Specifically the powerful vice-Sultan Salar.
- Added various Wafidiyya (Mongols, Kurds etc) characters. Many of these are also married into various mamluk dynasties
- Added various Mongol officials during the brief occupation prior to Ayn Jalut
- Numerous character trait updates based on whatever I can dig up from primary or secondary sources.
- Two Sunni Muslim Holy Orders
- Added the Khwarazmian plunderer of Jerusalem to his historical areas in the Jazirah prior to his attack on the holy city. A starting event gives him a claim and a historically accurate number of horde cavalry. 12,000 to be exact.

Just unzip as you would any mod to the relevant Paradox mod folder.

Attachments

• TMM History Only.zip
    470,2 KB · Views: 0
  • 7Like
Reactions:
Speak of the devil.....

I should really release something. This version adds most of the large history file updates I have been working on. Still working on the actual full version containing all my various poor man attempts at representing military slavery.

- Found another historical wife for Baibars al-Zahir
- Massive update to Qalawunid family tree with various improvements. Corrected the ethnicity of his spouses and added more historical in laws as well as children.
- More major non-royal mamluk emirs now have their male progeny
- More historical count and duke tier rulers in the Mamluk Levant as well as a fully mapped out Mamluk al-Bira frontier.
- More historical late Ayyubid and Mamluk era governors in various parts of Egypt. Specifically the powerful vice-Sultan Salar.
- Added various Wafidiyya (Mongols, Kurds etc) characters. Many of these are also married into various mamluk dynasties
- Added various Mongol officials during the brief occupation prior to Ayn Jalut
- Numerous character trait updates based on whatever I can dig up from primary or secondary sources.
- Two Sunni Muslim Holy Orders
- Added the Khwarazmian plunderer of Jerusalem to his historical areas in the Jazirah prior to his attack on the holy city. A starting event gives him a claim and a historically accurate number of horde cavalry. 12,000 to be exact.

Just unzip as you would any mod to the relevant Paradox mod folder.
Thanks a lot for providing us with this new update!

• 1Like
Reactions:
Hi, glad to see one of the long awaited mods to go back online.

Is this compatible to Hydra6 (as in the first thread), or Furry 7 (as mentioned in the thread title) or perhaps the latest HIP version Frosty 3?

TMM History Only release - 12.07.20 - EMF & SWMH required - Frosty 3
I'll need to do an information cleanup as far as the opening post is concerned if or when I release the full sub-mod.

For now please see an updated version of TMM History Only for Frosty 3. Not much changed as I think the old version was compatible but I added some of the presumably updated SWMH character files merged with the changes I have made to my own. Also added an odd fix for a weird apparent SWMH issue with the unit sprites for the Arabic culture group.

Attachments

• TMM History Only.12.07.20.zip
    439,8 KB · Views: 0
  • 4Like
Reactions:
Retinue Spawning?
Apparently it is now possible to spawn retinues into the game similar to event troops. I have done a few tests and it basically works.

From the wiki this command works from any character scope and spawns a full stack of whatever retinue is specified albeit with reinforcing morale in your capital.

create_retinue = RETTYPE_CUL_HUNG.

My original intention was to use retinues to represent slave armies with a whole new building line to represent the infrastructure required to have them. However the feudal government AI (in particular Egypt king tier rulers) never build them quick enough or ever in some cases. This new information changes quite a bit and may open new opportunities.

My current WIP system uses levies for slave armies and has them represented as special capital scope only vassals. They have a government type that bypasses levy obligation laws using the "max_liege_levy =" feature in government. They hold a single castle barony and have a dynamic duke tier title eventually.

ck2_3.png

They also get modifiers to make them as good as retinues in terms of various building modifiers. Meaning they are a retinue type vassal who can join factions, marry, declare war, rebel etc. In this case the two Military Govt vassals ( one historic and the other generated on start up ) in the capital province give an army almost identical to the real maximum amount of Royal Mamluks that were active in Egypt in the late 13th century. Generally 4-10 thousand from the 1250s onward.

ck2_5.png

However this isn't perfect as they still suffer from the levies raised too long opinion hit. As well as still not providing the absolute max number of troops even with the special government type. Together with it being hard to give specific amounts numerical wise owing to the various background modifiers that need to be taken into account.

ck2_4.png

I might use this system instead to represent other types of military regiments such as the eventually largely freeborn Halqa in Egypt or the various other non-mamluk Kurdish, Berber, Turcoman, Iranian etc. groups employed throughout Islamic states. These were salaried soldiers but also were semi-professional in that they were more like adventurers or part time mercenaries a lot of the time.

• 6Like
Reactions:
I'll need to do an information cleanup as far as the opening post is concerned if or when I release the full sub-mod.

For now please see an updated version of TMM History Only for Frosty 3. Not much changed as I think the old version was compatible but I added some of the presumably updated SWMH character files merged with the changes I have made to my own. Also added an odd fix for a weird apparent SWMH issue with the unit sprites for the Arabic culture group.
I should use this and not the version in the OP?

Final history update 1.9.20
CK3 is here! A final history file only update for anybody interested. Adds more early (1250 to 1270'ish) mamluk emirs. Mainly a number of Baibars' initial officer corps. A few other additions here and there too.

I will be transferring over to CK3 fully and continuing my efforts there regarding military slavery mechanics. Much of what I was planning here might be more effective using the new game engine. I will likely try my own full mod first since it might be sometime before a CK3 HIP appears.

Attachments

• TMM History Only.1.9.20.zip
    471,8 KB · Views: 0
  • 3Like
Reactions:
Yes changes I made regarding titles and characters are present in SWMH. Although not my latest changes I think. SWMH version is probably one or maybe two updates behind in that regard. Funnily enough they have even sneaked into CK3 in a fashion via SWMH. Looking through the vanilla Turkish files I can see a few character entries with the 'add_trait = mamluk' command blocked out. For example 1229953. They obviously used SMWH as a sort of reference for at the very least some of the Seljuk era histories.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Firstly i don't get it how to install latest version. you released so much files which is update patch or wich is main file i dont know. I used 19.05.19 version and i love it. But i didnt liked trait icons and maded new trait, ambition, government gfx icon art for this mod. Thank you for this beautiful mod. If you want i can do more for the mod. showcase in the file

Attachments

• tmm icon gfx.rar
    366 KB · Views: 0
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Firstly i don't get it how to install latest version. you released so much files which is update patch or wich is main file i dont know. I used 19.05.19 version and i love it. But i didnt liked trait icons and maded new trait, ambition, government gfx icon art for this mod. Thank you for this beautiful mod. If you want i can do more for the mod. showcase in the file

Nice work with the gfx icons. I never really had the time to focus on that side of things. The whole project was very much experimental as I came to CK2 modding really late.

TMM History Only.1.9.20 is the final and latest version. It only has my history (title and character)modifications. No slave armies etc.

19.05.19 version is the old version which has the slave army, slave recruitment and other such mechanics. It is very out of date as far as history files are concerned. I'm surprised it still works as you say but I'm glad you enjoy it. You will notice many unused traits, features, events, governments etc in the files. The mod was very much WIP.

My original intention was to expand upon this using other mechanics which don't rely on vassal mercenaries, but all my work has switched to CK3 now.

Are you the maker of 'Cugitay's Horse Lords' mod on Steam?

• 1Like
Reactions:
Nice work with the gfx icons. I never really had the time to focus on that side of things. The whole project was very much experimental as I came to CK2 modding really late.

TMM History Only.1.9.20 is the final and latest version. It only has my history (title and character)modifications. No slave armies etc.

19.05.19 version is the old version which has the slave army, slave recruitment and other such mechanics. It is very out of date as far as history files are concerned. I'm surprised it still works as you say but I'm glad you enjoy it. You will notice many unused traits, features, events, governments etc in the files. The mod was very much WIP.

My original intention was to expand upon this using other mechanics which don't rely on vassal mercenaries, but all my work has switched to CK3 now.

Are you the maker of 'Cugitay's Horse Lords' mod on Steam?
Yes. That's me. I really want to add and change so much thing in CK3 but im really bad at modding. My steam mod is just adds troops and claims on migration rotue to local khans and over powered tengri horse archers. It's makes my game little bit immersive for altaic, tengri region. If I can add something like memluk mechanic to CK3 it can be so epic.

Do you have any ck3 or ck2 mods on steam? I want to look

Last edited:
Yes. That's me. I really want to add and change so much thing in CK3 but im really bad at modding. My steam mod is just adds troops and claims on migration rotue to local khans and over powered tengri horse archers. It's makes my game little bit immersive for altaic, tengri region. If I can add something like memluk mechanic to CK3 it can be so epic.

Do you have any ck3 or ck2 mods on steam? I want to look
Sadly none at the moment.

This incomplete sub-mod is the only one I have ever done. CK3 is very disappointing in its current state both in terms of vanilla Islamic realm mechanics and the ability to mod them into the game. The modding features needed to add them are non existent or extremely complicated with the end result not at all being worth the effort.

• 1Like
Reactions: