• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
How compatible is this with MTA Vice & Virtues mod? Both mods feature slavery...
A quick look at TMM tells me there's no serious incompatibility (there's no overlapping slave trait being referenced by events and decisions, for example, like how the AGOT mod shares a trait with the same ID), but I don't have time to extensively test and see until later today.

Was interested in this mod myself, as more flavour and historicity for areas such as the Middle East is very welcome, and I think its features would pair very well with mine. I'll try to ensure compatibility on my end and resolve any issues I find if there are any, and would be willing to make a compatibility patch if needed, assuming Qutb87 has no problem with this. :)

Was testing around with mods that gave me CTD with this mod, turns out In Heaven's Graphical Overhaul is incompatible to this mod. Just a heads up to anyone not expecting the ninja graphical mod incompatibility...

A quick look at TMM tells me there's no serious incompatibility (there's no overlapping slave trait being referenced by events and decisions, for example, like how the AGOT mod shares a trait with the same ID), but I don't have time to extensively test and see until later today.

Was interested in this mod myself, as more flavour and historicity for areas such as the Middle East is very welcome, and I think its features would pair very well with mine. I'll try to ensure compatibility on my end and resolve any issues I find if there are any, and would be willing to make a compatibility patch if needed, assuming Qutb87 has no problem with this. :)

No problem at all. I had played around with a small feature to turn captured characters into ghulams under certain conditions but never really went ahead with it for a number of reasons.

Was testing around with mods that gave me CTD with this mod, turns out In Heaven's Graphical Overhaul is incompatible to this mod. Just a heads up to anyone not expecting the ninja graphical mod incompatibility...

Never tried it so couldn't really say on my part. As far as general compatibility goes, mods which change character, title or province history will be where issues most often appear.

PS. If any one does get crashes etc. it would be good to hear. You are essentially TMM testers!

Not to hijack the thread, but for those interested, I've added support for TMM to my mod Vice and Virtue without any need for a separate compatibility patch. Slavery features from it should now recognise TMM and work with its own system and traits. Might need more playtesting than I've done, but I'll hopefully get in some proper playtime with TMM myself once HIP is updated for 3.1. Users of both can feel free to give compatibility feedback on the Modular Tweaks & Additions thread here on the forum or on the Steam Workshop page for Vice and Virtue, since I'd like to do my best to make sure the two mods work well together.

Tiny issue I noticed when playtesting, BTW: the timer modifiers set in TMMrecruit_decisions.txt such as raise_slave_units_timer seem to be missing localisation.

Not to hijack the thread, but for those interested, I've added support for TMM to my mod Vice and Virtue without any need for a separate compatibility patch. Slavery features from it should now recognise TMM and work with its own system and traits. Might need more playtesting than I've done, but I'll hopefully get in some proper playtime with TMM myself once HIP is updated for 3.1. Users of both can feel free to give compatibility feedback on the Modular Tweaks & Additions thread here on the forum or on the Steam Workshop page for Vice and Virtue, since I'd like to do my best to make sure the two mods work well together.

Tiny issue I noticed when playtesting, BTW: the timer modifiers set in TMMrecruit_decisions.txt such as raise_slave_units_timer seem to be missing localisation.
Can I know if you made it work with Furry 2 or Furry 3?

Using this and latest HIP Fury 3 full, weirdly enough adds the 955 bookmark. I don't hink it's normal, plus I have duplicated decisions like forming the HRE and forming a new Empire.

Cheers.

Updated: 20-04-19
Changelog: 20-04-19
TMM: Basics for (Furry4)

Slave Armies
Starting to make the vassal merc armies more related to the status of the creator's realm
-Parameters for their creation more restrictive, e.g can't be over demesne limit.
-Increasing their size now dependent on military organisation tech level.

Historic characters and landed rulers
Beginning to work towards the 1244 La Forbie bookmark.
- 1229 to 1244 has the county of Jerusalem back under Frankish control. In reality Jerusalem changed hands more than once during this 15 year period. The Al-Quds holding should stay with the Ayyubids as happend historically, but it keeps reverting to the KOJ after startup so I've compromised and given the KOJ control over the whole county.
- Around 1250 to 1260 has an-Nasir Yusuf as an independent king tier ruler of Syria. Historically he was essentially the Sultan of Damascus during this period after refusing to accept Mamluk rule.
- I've had to amend the off_map China histories a little. Namely just changed the status from civil war to stable etc. A big problem for me is the regular or immediate collapse of Mongol China during periods when ruled by the Ogodeid and Toluid dynasties. In vanilla they are just Borjigin so the events for off_map China are still geared towards this and the Mongols never successfully win off_map invasion events nor stay in power for a historically accurate length of time.

Events
- Historical mamluks now spawn at allotted times in relevant courts if they are not yet mamluks at the start of various bookmarks. Provided certain criteria are met of course. This can also be removed by setting the HIP historical outcomes to passive.

Retinues, buildings etc.
-Various additional feudal buildings relevant to Outremer Christian rulers.
- I'm working on having reinforcement events for Outremer Crusader states so these buildings may just be placeholders.

Things to do
As always many features are still being worked on. I'll probably start posting more information in between releases.

Requirements: HIP Release - 2019-04-15 (Furry4) - Full SWMH & EMF

Install as you would any mod.

Place both the MOD.file and the TMM Basics folder in your CK2 mod folder area.

Thanks to Aasmul and the HIP team

Attachments

• TMM Updated 20.04.19.zip
    923,8 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
@Qutb87
Thanks for the update. Have you seen my previous report though?
Cheers.

The bookmark issue was just because I'd left the HIP bookmark in by mistake which has an unused 955 date useful for experimenting.

Not sure what the issue was with the other problem. I'm not seeing it on my end at all, though I don't often create empires or play Holy Roman campaigns. The decision isn't duplicated anywhere. Do you have a screenshot?

The bookmark issue was just because I'd left the HIP bookmark in by mistake which has an unused 955 date useful for experimenting.

Not sure what the issue was with the other problem. I'm not seeing it on my end at all, though I don't often create empires or play Holy Roman campaigns. The decision isn't duplicated anywhere. Do you have a screenshot?

I think I have one. I'll recheck using Fury 4 and your latest update and report back ;)

PS
It's compatible with an ongoing game, right?

Slave Armies
-
They are now set up to have landed baron tier castles either in or adjacent to your capital province.
- Achieved via targeted decision on whichever non-dynastic, non-religious head etc baron whose castle you intend to "acquire".
Slave Armies
Starting to make the vassal merc armies more related to the status of the creator's realm
-Parameters for their creation more restrictive, e.g can't be over demesne limit.
-Increasing their size now dependent on military organisation tech level.
Just recently come back to this mod, I was confused why I can't create slave armies like usual (pre-Furry), turns out the castle needs to be near capital province :p

Hi, great mod when playing so far, but some text stringa seem to be kinda broken, lile raised_greek_slave_unit and such.
I would also really appreciate if mamluk commaders spawned gained the Vice and Virtue "Slave" Trait, but thats all.

Updated 19.05.19
Changelog: 19.05.19
TMM: Basics for (Furry7)

Requirements: HIP Release - (Furry7) - Full SWMH & EMF

Install as you would any mod.

Place both the MOD.file and the TMM Basics folder in your CK2 mod folder area.

Attachments

• TMM Updated 19.05.19.zip
    615,9 KB · Views: 37
Is this mod up to date?

And do you know if there is a possibility of such mechanics becoming part of the main mod? It sort of was the core of politics of the Muslim world at the time, I feel like it should be a direct feature...

Haven't tested it on any of the post Furry 7 updates. Usually it is history files that need updating. Either way still working on it. I was on the verge of abandoning the dynamic mercenary system all together in favour of special vassals with restricted levy types or even event troops. However these have a whole range of other aggravating negatives.

There may be a reprieve however involving titular duke tier titles still using the dynamic merc type which I'm currently experimenting with. Possibly makes the merc company interact without having to script together events etc. Either way it will be a while before any new version.

No idea about inclusion with the actual mod. My skills are very basic and no doubt TMM is actually full of many imperfections, errors etc. I'm sure if there was ever a way of adding slave armies to a satisfactory degree, they would have done so already as part of the main mod. This is really just a bit of extra flavour.