• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Is the old Rex Teutonicorum-CPRPlus+ compatibility patch from this thread still up to date? I ask because it seemed to be working just fine a few versions ago but when used with the latest version of CPRPlus+ it gives Tibetans the wrong portraits.

EDIT: Alternatively, is that compatibility patch still necessary? What would happen if I don't use it?

Last edited:
Is the old Rex Teutonicorum-CPRPlus+ compatibility patch from this thread still up to date? I ask because it seemed to be working just fine a few versions ago but when used with the latest version of CPRPlus+ it gives Tibetans the wrong portraits.

EDIT: Alternatively, is that compatibility patch still necessary? What would happen if I don't use it?
Just minor things irrc, especially the new communal government having wrong looks. But nothing gamebreaking, it's more important to use the newer CPR+ patch version instead of that old compatch-compatch you were referring to.
Thinking about it, those few lines could probably just get integrated in the patch at some point. I'm just busy atm, when I have time I'll take a look at it.

Thanks, I'd much appreciate that.

Thanks, I'd much appreciate that.

In the meantime, I posted some steps to make it compatible earlier in the thread (if you're confident enough playing around in the code):

I should mention that that "compatible mods" bit is a bit out of date.

As for your question, most portrait mods are incompatible with RT because of a single file that RT edits (portrait_properties.txt for the record, to make sure that communal characters aren't dressed out like the richest of kings). If you want to edit it yourself to make it compatible, simply search for clauses that contain "trait = peasant_leader" and add "government = communal_government"

For example:
Code:
# Royal crown/turban 1
    1 = {
        factor = 1
        modifier = {
            factor = 0
            NOT = { real_tier = king }
            NOT = { spouse = { real_tier = king } }
        }
        modifier = {
            factor = 0
            is_feudal = no
        }
        modifier = {
            factor = 0
            independent = no
            spouse = { independent = no }
        }
        modifier = {
            factor = 0
            OR = {
                trait = peasant_leader
                trait = heresiarch
                trait = monk
                trait = nun
                trait = desert_mother
                trait = desert_father
                trait = perfecti
            }
        }
    }
Code:
# Royal crown/turban 1
    1 = {
        factor = 1
        modifier = {
            factor = 0
            NOT = { real_tier = king }
            NOT = { spouse = { real_tier = king } }
        }
        modifier = {
            factor = 0
            is_feudal = no
        }
        modifier = {
            factor = 0
            independent = no
            spouse = { independent = no }
        }
        modifier = {
            factor = 0
            OR = {
                trait = peasant_leader
                trait = heresiarch
                trait = monk
                trait = nun
                trait = desert_mother
                trait = desert_father
                trait = perfecti
                government = communal_government
            }
        }
    }

Or you could just delete portrait_properties.txt from RT if you don't mind communal characters having a bit of bling. Up to you, really.

v1.7.5
Another day, another compatibility patch

DOWNLOAD v1.7.5
Checksum: ZTEF

• Tweaks to ensure full compatibility with CKII+ v4.07.6
  • Hussite now included in "Western Christians" in regard to Chinese Emperor's likes/dislikes
  • Aintab is now a vassal of Aleppo in 1066

Enjoy!

UPDATE: Checksums have been updated.

Last edited:
It seems there's a bit of incompatibility with BLG. I notice that the Kingdom of Kanem has European looking holdings with CK2 Plus, RT, and BLG turned on.

No idea if there's any other error though.

It seems there's a bit of incompatibility with BLG. I notice that the Kingdom of Kanem has European looking holdings with CK2 Plus, RT, and BLG turned on.

No idea if there's any other error though.
Are you sure it only happens with Rex Teutonoricum enabled?
It would seem far more likely to me that it is a direct conflict between CK2+ and BLG. Probably because BLG does not know the "central_african" culture group or sth like this.
As a side note, the modder that seems to know most about holding pictures also happens to be the author of BLG; and since this is a rather niche and complicated subject, you might want to address your questions directly to Nendur.

Are you sure it only happens with Rex Teutonoricum enabled?
It would seem far more likely to me that it is a direct conflict between CK2+ and BLG. Probably because BLG does not know the "central_african" culture group or sth like this.
As a side note, the modder that seems to know most about holding pictures also happens to be the author of BLG; and since this is a rather niche and complicated subject, you might want to address your questions directly to Nendur.

Ah damn, I forgot to check whether it's between CK2 Plus and BLG. You are right, it seems BLG does not recognise the Central African culture group properly. I'll contact Nendur directly. Thanks for your help. :)

The new bookmarks don't appear when I have this enabled? Not sure why.

Update: Even with this and just CK2+ enabled, none of the features or anything seems to work? I'm supposed to just download the file and put it in my mod folder, then select it in launcher right?

Last edited:
Hello. Traits crowned_by_relhead and crowned_by_vip are broken because after coronation i became uncrowned again. It looks like, those two traits are missing in maintenance events.

Are you playing with the most recent version? Are you running any other mods?

v1.7.6
New version, coming at'cha.

DOWNLOAD v1.7.6.1
Checksum: MRKF

This one is literally just a compatch, so there's not much point in posting a changelog. I know the changelog is the highlight for so, so many of you, but you'll have to make-do without I'm afraid. Sorry.

I've also updated the bookmark-only mod to account for a few little history changes in CKII+. New checksum is QKNU.

UPDATE: Has been compatched again for CKII+ v4.07.8. Download links and checksums have been updated accordingly.

Last edited: