• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

TheDovahkiin97

Major
6 Badges
Apr 7, 2018
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Crusader Kings III Referal
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
Download at the bottom of the post or through the workshop

Omnium Enim Rerum Principia Parva Sunt
This is a small and slightly historically ridiculous submod for those who want to start as Romans in 867
with the: "Historical Immersion Project"
Renascentia Romanorum.jpg
UPDATE v1.9 for:
HIP Frosty3 2020-07-10
CK2 3.3

IT IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED TO PLAY WITH THE:
"HIP - More Cultural Names" Submod
It includes Latin localisations all over the map
MCN_LATIN.jpg

ALSO CHECK OUT:
"HIP - Better Slavs" Submod
I completely reworked the Slavic World
dejure.gif
Map:
  • Roma, Tusculum, Segni, Ceccano and Albiton are Roman
Roma.jpg
Events:

There are three culture conversion events:

1. Colonisation of random provinces via port ("Bring in some Settlers")
  • HIP (and Vanilla) increase the culture conversion chance for Italic and Latin provinces with Roman rulers by 50% and decrease chance by 50% for Greek provinces
  • My mod resets both to 0% because this event represents colonisation, not conversion
2. Conversion of random neighbouring provinces ("Civilized Peasants")
  • HIP (and Vanilla) increase the culture conversion chance for Italic and Latin provinces with Roman rulers by 50% and decrease chance by 50% for Greek provinces
My mod does the same with those dynamic steps:
  • 70% faster for: laziale, sardinian, umbrian, tuscan, venetian, dalmatian
  • 60% faster for: ligurian, italian, neapolitan, sicilian
  • 50% faster for: langobardisch, occitan, catalan, arpitan, romanian
  • 40% faster for: castillan, leonese, portuguese, galician, aragonese, frankish, (visigothic)
  • 30% faster for: norman, andalusian_arabic, outremer
  • 50% slower for: greek (untouched)
Romance.jpg
3. Conversion of a prosperous province under crown focus
  • HIP (and Vanilla) increase the culture conversion chance for Italic provinces by 20%
My mod does the same with those dynamic steps:
  • 30% faster for: laziale, sardinian, umbrian, tuscan, venetian, dalmatian
  • 25% faster for: ligurian, italian, neapolitan, sicilian
  • 20% faster for: langobardisch, occitan, catalan, arpitan, romanian
  • 15% faster for: castillan, leonese, portuguese, galician, aragonese, frankish, (visigothic)
  • 10% faster for: norman, andalusian_arabic, outremer
  • 20% slower for: greek
Characters:
  • Theophylact Via Lata, vassal of the pope is Roman
Miscellaneous:
  • The Roman culture is displayed as "Romanus"
  • Roman units look like Italic units again
Below you can find an alternative version which instead makes all dalmatian or sardinian provinces and characters Roman.
If you want to use all of them at once you will have to merge the history folders into one mod.

Appropriate suggestions will be appreciated

You can do whatever you want with my mod

Attachments

• HIP - Renascentia Romanorum v2.0 - Sardiniae.rar
    238,8 KB · Views: 0
  • HIP - Renascentia Romanorum v2.0 - Dalmatia.rar
    235,4 KB · Views: 0
  • HIP - Renascentia Romanorum v2.0.rar
    238,1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Excellent. Keep it up ;)

hmmm...what's wrong ? o_O

UPDATE:
  • Sabina and Vico are no longer Roman in 867
  • The Roman culture is displayed as "Romanus"
  • Roman units look like italian units again
  • Completely reworked the conversion events. Read about it above.
  • Added an alternative version which instead makes all dalmatian provinces and characters Roman

Just noticed that my mod isnt even that much historically ridiculous.
The last Roman Character (a pope) died in 731.2.11 so is it really so much inaccurate that the inhabitants of five provinces under papal and greek rule spoke latin not even 136 years later?
Theophylact sounds latin to me o_O

Just noticed that my mod isnt even that much historically ridiculous.
The last Roman Character (a pope) died in 731.2.11 so is it really so much inaccurate that the inhabitants of five provinces under papal and greek rule spoke latin not even 136 years later?
Theophylact sounds latin to me o_O
Theophylact is Greek (it means "Guarded by God"), but yeah, onomastic is one aspect where one can see the Greco-Roman continuity in the areas of Italy that were not occupied by the Longobards, albeit there are always exceptions over time (for instance Amalfi was heavily influenced by the Longobard Salerno and I've read that Gaeta basically followed Longobard law).

To be honest I've always found the Greek Campanian coast (Gaeta, Naples and Amalfi) to be perplexing, Greek influence shouldn't translate directly into Greek culture (or if anything else, I don't really understand why Venetia or Ragusa aren't Greek too).

Last edited:
What do you guys think of this setup?
70% faster for laziale umbrian tuscan sardinian venetian dalmatian
60% faster for italian neapolitan sicilian ligurian
50% faster for langobardisch romanian catalan arpitan occitan
40% faster for castillan leonese portuguese aragonese galician frankish
30% faster for norman outremer andalusian_arabic

Last edited:
I'm not sure about Ligurian being separated from the other Italian group cultures, the region was annexed relatively late by the Lombards (641) and its retention of a fairly strong tradition of civic life should put it at least on par with other Italian centres.

I'm not sure about Ligurian being separated from the other Italian group cultures, the region was annexed relatively late by the Lombards (641) and its retention of a fairly strong tradition of civic life should put it at least on par with other Italian centres.
I did that because the ligurians opposed roman rule and speak a gallo-italic language like lombards and unlike other italians

I did that because the ligurians opposed roman rule and speak a gallo-italic language like lombards and unlike other italians
Personally I think there would be a stronger case for Sardinians, the so called Barbagia was never completely romanised; the resistance of some Ligurian tribes to Roman rule doesn't seem to have had long term consequences that one could still trace centuries later and it probably pales in comparison to the Osco-Umbrian and Samnite open rebellion in the Social War.