• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

tsukiouji

Corporal
53 Badges
Mar 20, 2019
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Sengoku
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
Would've put this in the Q+A thread, but I don't know if that's the place to ask about submod stuff. So how would I go about re-enabling the vanilla bloodlines? I guess I understand the logic behind the choice to disable them, just not the choice itself, and it's frustrating seeing people like Fortunata ap Dugal who should already have a bloodline (Sea Queen, in that case) without a bloodline.

Would've put this in the Q+A thread, but I don't know if that's the place to ask about submod stuff. So how would I go about re-enabling the vanilla bloodlines? I guess I understand the logic behind the choice to disable them, just not the choice itself, and it's frustrating seeing people like Fortunata ap Dugal who should already have a bloodline (Sea Queen, in that case) without a bloodline.
In the EKSVN (Elder kings Dev build) they are in the process of making their own Earnable bloodlines. One Example is: The New Earnable bloodline "God-Slayer" that is earned by killing Orgnum.

It looks like you can just copy everything from the base game files. EK does have a commented out Forge Bloodline ambition but it looks like it hasn't been touched so it would be easier to just copy and paste the vanilla ambition.

So, off the top of my head (and I don't play vanilla that much so I might be missing something) you'll need 1) The ambition, 2) The events, 3) The localization, 4) Some GFX files (both the forge bloodline ambition dds and the bloodline dds files), and 5) the bloodline files. I think everything but the ambition was fully stripped from the files so you'll probably need to hunt a little. But check to see if things are still there; I know the dds files aren't, but some event files might be sitting somewhere.

One Example is: The New Earnable bloodline "God-Slayer" that is earned by killing Orgnum.
Actually, I'm not sure it's already earned. I tried some times killing Orgnum on duel, and it's not firing corresponding event for me. I'm not even sure any command in game fire it.

Actually, I'm not sure it's already earned. I tried some times killing Orgnum on duel, and it's not firing corresponding event for me. I'm not even sure any command in game fire it.

If its not firing for you, that's a bug. ek_orgnumevents has

Code:
character_event = { # Orgnum dies in personal duel
    id = orgnum.3
    hide_window = yes

is_triggered_only = yes

trigger = {
        character = 39000
        OR = {
            death_reason = death_duel
            death_reason = death_mission_duel
            death_reason = death_battle_duel
            death_reason = death_legendary_fail_duel
            death_reason = death_legendary_win_duel
            death_reason = death_claim_duel_attacker
            death_reason = death_claim_duel_defender
        }
        killer = {
            is_alive = yes
        }
    }

immediate = {
        killer = { narrative_event = { id = orgnum.4 days = 3 random = 2 } }
    }
}

And orgnum.4 gives the bloodline.

It looks like you can just copy everything from the base game files. EK does have a commented out Forge Bloodline ambition but it looks like it hasn't been touched so it would be easier to just copy and paste the vanilla ambition.

So, off the top of my head (and I don't play vanilla that much so I might be missing something) you'll need 1) The ambition, 2) The events, 3) The localization, 4) Some GFX files (both the forge bloodline ambition dds and the bloodline dds files), and 5) the bloodline files. I think everything but the ambition was fully stripped from the files so you'll probably need to hunt a little. But check to see if things are still there; I know the dds files aren't, but some event files might be sitting somewhere.
would you mind expanding on that, if you're able? I haven't delved in to modding this game yet, and I don't wanna royally screw everything up

Well, in that case the safe thing to do would be to make your own submod. I normally adjust the copy of the SVN I keep but that's because I'm lazy. A submod is really a much better thing to do. First, make sure you have notepad++ or any other high end text editor. If you haven't had to download a text editor for some weird file, you probably need to go get one.

The tldr of that is first you want to take a .mod file, copy it, paste it, rename it to something like 'ekbloodline', open it, and then either edit the sections to set it up correctly or just blank it and add

Code:
name = "Elder Kings - Bloodline Ambition"
path = "mod/ekbloodline"

dependencies = { "Elder Kings Dev" }

Assuming you use the SVN. Your dependency should be the "name =" section of the ek .mod you use. Make a folder in your mods folder (same folder as eksvn) with the same name as the path.

From there you need to create the various folders necessary to maintain the folder structure. Without going into a step by step of how to make this exact submod, you start with the ambition folder and file which should /ekbloodline/common/objectives/<file name>. For the file name I recommend something like ek_ambitions_bloodline.txt. Copy the base ambition which is located in /<ck2>/common/objectives/00_HF_ambitions.txt (search for forge_bloodline) and add it to your new file.

From there, what you want to do is basically run down everything in that ambition and copy it over to your submod while creating the folder structure as needed. You'll need events and localization and gfx files and so on. If you're having trouble finding something in particular, you can probably ask in the modding quick questions thread. Rather than taking everything in a text file, I recommend opening it, finding the exact event or what have you you need, then placing it in a new file in the submod.

For reference; you need a gfx file for each bloodline and for the ambition (ambitions MIGHT have a default gfx file, but I don't remember). You don't need anything for the variables or flags. You need every event mentioned. If an event refers to a gfx file or an image file you don't need it but it looks nicer. You need localization for every bloodline, for the ambition, for every event and for every custom tooltip. There may be something I'm forgetting so be diligent. I believe you should be able to run this through the validator which should give you an idea if you're missing anything (if you don't have the validator, its somewhere in the base user mods section).

When making localization files (really, its good practice for any text file. I haven't had trouble with .txts but you never know), I recommend copying a localization file and blanking it to make sure you have the right format and everything.

Well, I just got everything thrown together for my first attempt; if it works, gonna have to remember to fix duelist, but I'll burn that bridge when I get to it! Wish me luck!

edit1~ well, got the ambition working, now to see if I can figure out how to get other stuff (earned bloodlines like sea queen and duelist, mostly, since idk if saints and warrior lodges are a thing in this)

edit2~ let me rephrase, it SEEMS I got the ambition working fully

edit3~ oh, oh no. I did something and the pre-existing bloodlines don't exist. and sea queen doesn't want to trigger, I'll look in to that once I figure out the issue with the EK bloodlines (it's not an issue with non-ambition bloodlines, duelist and alex triggered when I forced the event)

edit4~ I think I've partially figured out the issue, just gonna mess with the provided files, since my stuff is overwriting it and I don't know 100% how to fix it by making my own mod. I'll figure it out if I can get it working 100% and decide to upload it somewhere, naturally.

Last edited:
For overwriting; make sure you're not using the same \common\bloodlines\ file names as what exists in the EK folder. EK actually uses the same file names as base CK2 so if you don't change it will overwrite.

If you're overwriting (which is fine, that's what I do) make a secondary EK folder and mod file so you can update the SVN version to check it without screwing up your install.

I don't use the SVN (never even saw it mentioned before this thread tbh). But yeah I realized at least part of the issue is because the EK files use the same file names as vanilla, so I've been throwing them together where there's actual bloodline stuff not just an entire commented out (or blank, in the case of the warrior lodge stuff, weirdly) text file. Got too tired to finish last night, so I'm gonna finish later and we'll see if I can do it right.

If you're using the SVN, you should receive the bloodline if you kill Orgnum through personal duel (not assassination, not disease, but personal duel).

blargh, my mod won't work and I can't figure out what I'm not seeing. I'll keep poking at it, but I'm taking it down until I figure it out. The ambition goals won't update (counters stay at 0), and I'm not seeing anything that messes with it anywhere. Non-ambition bloodlines seem to work fine, but those are obviously limited in EK, and the ambition was the main point.