• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yeah, not a huge issue ofc, I just wanted to let you know, cause I wasn't sure if it was my installation to blame. Also I have found another possible culprit, the University mod had a bug which was recently fixed. Let's hope I'll be crash from now on :)

Ok 2 observations for Call to Arms module .

1) I don't know how it's possible but you're right. Sighs of strain begun at the year of our Lord 1100 and after. My CPU is clocked to 5hgz, but I'm seeing slowdowns. Not serious ones, but still. Could we do something to alleviate it a bit ? Maybe a script optimization or something ?
2) Could you check the 0 troops armies ? When I'm calling my vassals some of them with no troops still accept, so they give me empty armies. Is this a panel only issue or they literally giving me zero troops ? Not sure gonna check it again later.

1) I don't know how it's possible but you're right. Sighs of strain begun at the year of our Lord 1100 and after. My CPU is clocked to 5hgz, but I'm seeing slowdowns. Not serious ones, but still. Could we do something to alleviate it a bit ? Maybe a script optimization or something ?
2) Could you check the 0 troops armies ? When I'm calling my vassals some of them with no troops still accept, so they give me empty armies. Is this a panel only issue or they literally giving me zero troops ? Not sure gonna check it again later.

Sounds to me like someone needs to upgrade to the new i9 9900 K. This is beginning to look like a very expensive CK2 mod... ;)

Sounds to me like someone needs to upgrade to the new i9 9900 K. This is beginning to look like a very expensive CK2 mod... ;)

Don't tempt me :p
Nah I won't update this year. I just delided my 8700K.

I'm using a much slower CPU (i5-4570), and while it may stutter at times perhaps (when the HRE calls everyone to arms), it has never crashed on me. I don't think I can do much about it, it's just one of the side-effects of this massive increase in war-participants (which is also what makes the tweak so fun!).

As for your second point, that's one of the limitations of the Call to Arms tweak... It calls in your Baron-tier vassals, but these vassals can't actually raise their troops, so you'll end up having these show, and be indeed, 0 troop participants. However, if they are secondary vassals of yours (e.g. under a Count or Duke) they will be raised as liege levies by that vassal. The issue is unfortunate, but I can't solve it - instead we'll have to adjust to it; I for example usually either keep castles for myself or hand the castle vassals over to another vassal, and I always focus on taxes for my cities and churches, since they won't give me any troops anyway (except for when you're secondary participant).

@Erilaz
I really love this mod. This has become a "must have" on all my playthroughs. Just a quick question: are you by any chance planning to do some further melting pot stuff with the Normans, for instance Scoto-Normans or Hiberno-Normans?

Edit: apparently this was partly answered just one page back, at least concering the Scots. My bad!

Last edited:
@Erilaz
I really love this mod. This has become a "must have" on all my playthroughs. Just a quick question: are you by any chance planning to do some further melting pot stuff with the Normans, for instance Scoto-Normans or Hiberno-Normans?
I'm very happy that you appreciate the submod!

I have a "Scots" melting pot on my to-do list (I've done it once before, in an old version). It should historically be very much Norman-influenced, but the way it will probably work is alongside the "English" (Norman-influenced Anglo-Saxon) culture, making it appear at about the same time (12th century) in the Scottish Lowlands. I'm still thinking about how this should be done. You can see some of my thoughts here.

I haven't actually considered a Hiberno-Norman culture. Perhaps such a culture should be akin to the "Scots" culture, so basically an English-influenced population in Ireland, at least in the later stages for the province culture. In the early stages, perhaps Normans should be linked with the Gall-Goídel (Hiberno-Norse) culture? There seems to be some overlap there at least in terms of the Galicisation and the early settlements. I'm not quite sure, but it could be interesting to look into more...

I'd say Scots should start to appear earlier than the 12th century, it really started to become a thing due to the large number of Anglo Saxons (Edinburgh and south), and the marriage of Margaret of Wessex and Malcolm. After that, the Kings become more influenced by Saxons and then Normans.

I personally mod in an Anglo-Norman culture and a middle English culture, keeping the culture of the provinces different to the rulers until the 1300s. This encourages some good peasant revolts and some English families like the Nevilles.

I'd say Scots should start to appear earlier than the 12th century, it really started to become a thing due to the large number of Anglo Saxons (Edinburgh and south), and the marriage of Margaret of Wessex and Malcolm. After that, the Kings become more influenced by Saxons and then Normans.

That's pretty much the way it was in my first iteration. Malcolm's children by Margaret being the first "Scots", i.e. English-influenced Scottish rulers, alongside Gospatric's family ruling Lothian.

I personally mod in an Anglo-Norman culture and a middle English culture, keeping the culture of the provinces different to the rulers until the 1300s. This encourages some good peasant revolts and some English families like the Nevilles.

That's an interesting approach!

Yeah, I mostly did it in order to differentiate between the developing middle English people and the French speaking nobility. It encourages more marriages wih French nobles and means that banished nobles will often swap between the two countries (de Valence, Piers Gaveston etc). I called it Anglais, and the King's after Henri III is the first king that I put as converting to the culture.

This also means that Norman sticks around for a bit longer, and the early Plantagenets are frankish culture, as they should be, except for Richard I who I have as occitan (famously nicknamed oc et non).

I put Anglais as appearing in 1200, middle English in 1100, and English in 1350 what with Henry iv being the first truly english king.

Hello, @Erilaz. First of all, congratulations for this great mod, it's fantastic. But I have a question: after the next HIP release, how much time do you think you will need until be able to release a new and compatible version of this mod? I'm asking that because I really want to play as a norse heathen character and I simply cannot play this without your work. Anyway, goodbye and thank you!

Last edited:
Hello, @Erilaz. First of all, congratulatons for this great mod, it's fantastic. But I have a question: after the next HIP release, how much time do you think you will need until be able to release a new and compatible version of this mod? I'm asking that because I really want to play as a norse heathen character and I simply cannot play this without your work. Anyway, goodbye and thank you!

Thank you for the kind words!

I can't say exactly how long it will take, perhaps a week, perhaps more depending on my work load at the time of HIP's release, I don't have much time for modding/comp-patching during the coming months, but I'll do my best to start making each part compatible as soon as possible after the HIP update (maybe a few at a time, since some might have to be completely re-thought with the new additions). Which part(s) do you personally consider essential? I'll probably have to prioritise which ones are to be made compatible first.

As others have said, I absolutely love your submod and find it essential alongside HIP.

Which part(s) do you personally consider essential? I'll probably have to prioritise which ones are to be made compatible first.

I find the Call to Arms submod very important as it seems to make the game far more realistic to me. I'm guessing it shouldn't be too hard to compatch that particular submod since it's quite small in its scope?

Which part(s) do you personally consider essential? I'll probably have to prioritise which ones are to be made compatible first.

Particularly, the whole localisation thing it's definetly my favorite. I also like the map changes you've made, with the new rivers and new sea access etc. Obviously, all the culture melting pots are indeed pretty essential too. Actually, I'm a huge fan of yours, so it's hard to select just a few things :/

Your Call to Arms Mod, I think this is with some error, the feudals do not seem to me to call their vassals and I am playing nomad and I can not call the other clans to the war.

Your Call to Arms Mod, I think this is with some error, the feudals do not seem to me to call their vassals and I am playing nomad and I can not call the other clans to the war.

That's probably because I have not updated any of the submods/tweaks. Sorry, I thought this was obvious due to the thread title's date etc.

Hello, Erilaz! So, about the conversation we had earlier: did you get the beta to try to compatch your submod to HIP? It seems that it's release is imminent.
Well, my initial plan was to wait for the HIP release, but, now that you spurred me on, if it's still in beta tomorrow I might have some time to get the basic updating done the next couple of days.

EDIT: Provided I get a hold of the full beta...

Last edited: