• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
On the other hand, I haven't received very much good will from the team due to, I assume, some disagreements about the direction of the mod and CK2. I can only assume that, if indeed they want to head in the direction I've laid out here, they want to do so on their own, and in their own time - even though I would be quite willing to help make these things take shape.

We're always happy to see people who enjoy the mod enough to put their own efforts into expanding on it so there's certainly not a lack of goodwill, but we're probably just a little quiet! Plus as always we are constrained by what we've got in the mod, what you've got in the mod, what's in the pipeline, and our own free time so please don't be disheartened.

Well, there's no special Norse 'skald' to my knowledge, but I suppose it's very similar to some Vanilla events. I'm not convinced it would add very much to make a unique event for this - also since I'm no expert when it comes to modding regular events.

Well if you want to read about famous skalds I can give some exampals. Egill Skallagrimsson (one of the most famous saga persons), Øyvind Skaldespiller, Tjodolf af Kvinir, Torbjørn Hornklove, Bragi Boddasson, Sigvat Tordsson and more if you want to.

These skalds often praised Kings in their poems like Raganar Lothbrok, Harald Fairhair, Håkon Jarl, Erik the Victorious. Sometimes save their own life like Egill Skallagrimsson and Bloddaxe or Øyvind Skaldespiller and Harald Greycloak. Fabricated their ancestours back to gods and heroes like Ragnvaldr cousin of Fairhair, Håkon Jarl. And they could even mock kings in and make a bad image of them like Øyvind did against Harald Greycloak (and mocking kings where dangerous). Or change their minds like Hild tried to prevent Rolf form being banish by fairhair (thou failed) or like Sigvat Tordsson to prevent war between the Norse and the Danes.

How in the game this could work I would say skalds could only effect prestige of liege or increase chance of fabricating claims. But since you possible don't have a way to put it in the mod I hope you would do if the opportunity would appear.

Btw why is Iceland a republic? I recal that Iceland was a chiefdom (tribal) untill Håkon Håkonsson of Norway laid Iceland under his rule.

I like the work you put in the mod so I hope you will achive more with this mod in the future. :)

Does there remain any possibility that this submod will receive a compatch anytime in the future? And if not, would you give permission for others to do so, either fully or partially? This mod garnered a lot of interest by both the Devs and the community for its work on pagan cultures and religion, specifically the Norse, and it would be a shame for it to not get incorporated in some form in HIP and lost in the abyss of outdated submod threads.

Reactions:
I intend to continue my work, but I can't tell you when there will be an updated version. It's currently one of my "to be continued"-projects, and just to put a perspective on things, I can tell you I've worked on the same Rome: Total War one-man-mod for almost nine years, and it's far from over.

If people want to use parts of my mod, that would only make me happy. I wouldn't mind a mention if big parts are used outright of course.

If people want to use parts of my mod, that would only make me happy. I wouldn't mind a mention if big parts are used outright of course.

Great! I could use a pet project for the summer. May I PM you if I have any questions regarding your code? I'm sure there will be some trying to compatch your work on the Icelandic republic.

Great! I could use a pet project for the summer. May I PM you if I have any questions regarding your code? I'm sure there will be some trying to compatch your work on the Icelandic republic.

Sure. Just out of curiosity, what is your overall plan? - if you have any.

definitely great! so Norse Heritage Overhaul into HIP by the summer, then?

If by that you mean a port of the whole overhaul to the newest version of HIP, it's not impossible that such a thing could happen before the summer ends...

Reactions:
definitely great! so Norse Heritage Overhaul into HIP by the summer, then?

I'm not part of the HIP team, so if it is incorporated it's not by my hand. I've followed this mod for a long while when it was active, hoping against hope that it would be compatched at a certain point. When it went dormant, figured I'd reach out to @Erilaz to see if he would be opposed to having someone compatch it in his stead. Since I've been heavily focused on the time period, and the region, in my own modding efforts, I'm anticipate working on releasing a submod that incorporates my own work and at least the core parts of Erilaz work. Granted it would be based on the SWMH map, and I don't plan on increasing provinces in England, so not all of his work would be transferable but I see no real impediment to most.

Sure. Just out of curiosity, what is your overall plan? - if you have any?

Honestly, the new religion changes incorporated in the newest version of HIP, and the lack of any real changes to pagan cultures and religions, is what reminded me of this mod. Like what I said above, I've been following your work closely for a while but I was not about to downgrade to really play with it. I have some time off this summer and I could use to consolidate my own personal work on the region, which has become substantial and stable enough so I feel comfortable releasing it. So detailed plan, not really.

General plan, yes. My work concerns getting rid of placeholder vassals in England and France for the Old Gods BM, a more complete language localization for Eastern European tribes, more accurate titles in France - i.e., viscounts v. counts, counts v. Dukes, Margraves v. Dukes - and historical traits for major Old Gods figures. I have not created any events and look at my work as simply just picking up where the SWMH team left off (and haven't quite got back to yet).

An appropriate compliment to the overhaul of Norse culture, religion and government that best characterizes your work.

I've released the final version for 2.3.6 and made decisions as to how I'll proceed with the porting to the newest version: The mod will be split into parts - first part focusing on names.

See the first post.

Reactions:
I've released the final version for 2.3.6 and made decisions as to how I'll proceed with the porting to the newest version: The mod will be split into parts - first part focusing on names.

See the first post.
This is great! However, I'm a tad confused, it says I need Hades5 yet it isn't compatible with the latest patch for CKII yet? I understand you are working on it, but as it stands right now it isn't, right?

Oh, yes it's definitely for the latest version of CK2 and HIP. Did you get confused by the last part: "FULL VERSION for CK2 2.3.6"? That's the old full version, doesn't have anything to do with the new parts.

PS. I clarified it a little bit - hopefully.

Reactions:
A new part is ready!

NHO Norse Title Localisation

Description:
Reworks Norse character titles and province/holding localisation.

Dependencies:
CK2 2.6.2, HIP Hades5 (SWMH required)

Download:
Direct
(19-11-16)

Last edited:
Reactions:
And the Icelandic Republic is available:

NHO Icelandic Republic

Description:
The Icelandic Republic with all the major clans of the age and 160+ new characters.

Dependencies:
CK2 2.6.2, HIP Hades5 (SWMH required), NHO Norse Names, NHO Norse Title Localisation

Download:
Direct
(19-11-16)

Last edited:
Reactions:
I've been working on several things:

- Added more to the Icelandic Republic in anticipation of the 1043 bookmark.

- Rearranged files in the different parts to accommodate for later ones (this means that it's extra important to remove the old folders before putting in the new versions).

- Merged the "Norse Names" and "Norse Title Localisation" parts since they became too closely intertwined and I figured having one without the other didn't make sense anyway.

- Reintroduced my Balto-Slavic and Finno-Ugric character titles, replacing the "High Chiefs".

So, here are the new versions:

NHO Names and Localisation

Description:
Reworks Norse character and dynasty names as well as title and province/holding localisation
(including Balto-Slavic and Finno-Ugric character titles replacing "High Chief" etc.).

Dependencies:
CK2 2.6.2, HIP Hades5 (SWMH required)

Download:
Direct
(20-11-16)

NHO Icelandic Republic

Description:
The Icelandic Republic with all the major clans of the age and 160+ new characters.

Dependencies:
CK2 2.6.2, HIP Hades5 (SWMH required), NHO Names and Localisation

Download:
Direct
(20-11-16)

NOTE: Please remember to delete the old folders as well as the .mod-files (located in "Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\mod") before putting in the new ones (if you have to overwrite, you're doing something wrong).

Last edited:
Reactions:
If you downloaded NHO Names and Localisation before this post, please do so again to acquire a small fix for the Norse female count consort title (displayed "Chieftess" instead of "Frú" due to a typo).

Reactions:
NHO is compatible with the small HIP patch, Hades6.

Here's a small update for Names and Localisation:

- Fixed a few issues with the Slavic titles.
- Made tribal Scotland use the Gaelic titles.
- Added localisation for tanists.
- Corrected Anglo-Saxon (Angelcynn and Englisc) names and titles.
- Some other minor tweaks.

NHO Names and Localisation

Description:
Reworks Norse character and dynasty names as well as title and province/holding localisation.
(Also includes Balto-Slavic and Finno-Ugric character titles replacing "High Chief" and corrections to Anglo-Saxon and Scottish names and titles).

Dependencies:
CK2 2.6.3, HIP Hades6 (SWMH required)

Download:
Direct
(26-11-16)

Last edited:
Reactions: