- Feb 8, 2015
Is it Snorre Sturlason I see on first pic?
UPDATE - Version 0.95
- The Icelandic Republic is now in the game with all the major clans of the age and 160+ new characters!
- The Norse dynasties have been overhauled once more.
- Norse place names now predominantly use the dative form.
- The Norse faith is now called "Heiðinn", and "Ásatrú" is reserved for the reformed faith.
- The "Fylkirate" is now called "Ásatrúarveldið" (The Dominion of the Ásatrú).
- Restored and fixed the line of the Scyldings.
- Fixed some errors in the Anglo-Saxon history files.
- Various other changes and tweaks to existing features.
A new game is not required, but is recommended so the new features take effect.
(1) For upgrading previous "full download" versions 0.7 --> 0.95
EDIT: Well, damned, I can't run the newest version alone in multiplayer, so I can't make a fast run through as I usually do... Is there any other way to spectate a game without having to click away all the events all the time?
It seems to be working fine, and the code is quite a bit simpler than mine. I wonder, how did you do away with the culture and religion conversion of a random country upon a successful invasion? It was one of the reasons my code became so intricate.
Another thing that's been pestering me is how to make a new republic appear as such in the selection screen (and the in-game history); so it shows Utlande's leader as "Grand Mayor" rather than "Jarl", and Iceland's leader as "Lögsögumaðr" rather than "Konungr". It seems it has been solved in the newest version of HIP, but I can't find the relevant files.
Lastly, I've been wondering whether there's an easy way to include a port in the province of York. It's quite stupid, I think, that it doesn't have any, and if I knew how to modify the map, one or two of the major rivers in England would be navigable just like in Germany and France.