• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hello, I love your works.
I'm curios does the event that convert Rurik to russian also apply on other culture?
As in if I invade Spain or any other places in the world will there be a event to convert my family into the local culture(places without historical melting pots)?
If not do you plan on this feature? Thanks!

It's for immersion, the appointed co-ruler will wear imperial regalia, I'll add that bit to your mod because I do want to those changes, thanks!

EDIT: So I tried to make a compatch between mods, but apparently I'm doing something wrong.

What I did was I copied the portraits.txt of co-emperors mod and then I copypasted the special helmets lines of your No early bascinets mod into a custom portraits file, since I found your mod was easier to work with, as the co-emperors modifications were more spread out in the file.

Then I added it into its own custom folder, created the .mod file and added the dependencies, but apparently it isn't working.

This is literally my first attemp to mod CK2, am I missing something?

EDIT 2: I'll just upload it in case someone wants to take a look at it

http://www.mediafire.com/file/t62535trf0lauoo/C%26S_NoEB%26GH_%28HIP%29-compatch.zip/file

You only included a minor part of my code changes. I've attached a file that includes all changes from the two mods.

You should also probably extract the folder and .mod file and then replace the "archive" part with:
path = "mod/C&S NoEB&GH (HIP) - compatch"

Hello, I love your works.
I'm curios does the event that convert Rurik to russian also apply on other culture?
As in if I invade Spain or any other places in the world will there be a event to convert my family into the local culture(places without historical melting pots)?
If not do you plan on this feature? Thanks!

No, it's only made for the Russian melting pot. There are several other similar melting pots and culture splits (Norse split, German melt into Low and High German, Anglo-Saxon+Norse, Celtic+Norse, Norman+Sicilian, etc. etc.) but they're all customised for their specific cultures. It's not impossible that I will make other melting pots or culture splits (there's some talk of a Wendish melting pot for example).

Attachments

• 00_portrait_properties.txt
    237,7 KB · Views: 7
You only included a minor part of my code changes. I've attached a file that includes all changes from the two mods.

You should also probably extract the folder and .mod file and then replace the "archive" part with:
path = "mod/C&S NoEB&GH (HIP) - compatch"

No, it's only made for the Russian melting pot. There are several other similar melting pots and culture splits (Norse split, German melt into Low and High German, Anglo-Saxon+Norse, Celtic+Norse, Norman+Sicilian, etc. etc.) but they're all customised for their specific cultures. It's not impossible that I will make other melting pots or culture splits (there's some talk of a Wendish melting pot for example).

Thanks for the reply, can't wait for the new melting pots!
About Norman+Sicilian pot, is it significant different then the HIP vanilla Sicilian melting pot?
de Hauteville is one of my favorite run. Haven't done it with this mod.

Last, don't know if you're aware of this mod:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=832878257

It's not historical or anything but it was very interesting to play with. But it's no longer been updated.
Maybe you can get some inspiration from it.
Thanks!

Thanks for the reply, can't wait for the new melting pots!
About Norman+Sicilian pot, is it significant different then the HIP vanilla Sicilian melting pot?
de Hauteville is one of my favorite run. Haven't done it with this mod.

Last, don't know if you're aware of this mod:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=832878257

It's not historical or anything but it was very interesting to play with. But it's no longer been updated.
Maybe you can get some inspiration from it.
Thanks!

Hmm.. Maybe. Some rather weird ones there though.

I only added the Scots and the Russian melting pots currently, the other ones I was talking about are already in HIP, I just modified a few of them slightly.

Hmm.. Maybe. Some rather weird ones there though.

I only added the Scots and the Russian melting pots currently, the other ones I was talking about are already in HIP, I just modified a few of them slightly.

Yeah, some are really weird.
I mainly like the Norse-Greek and Norse-Spanish pots.

Playing as a norse in Ireland, I would expect to get Gall Goidel melting pot events. Do these events continue if I myself convert to Gall Goidel or does the melting pot only occur if I am norse?

Playing as a norse in Ireland, I would expect to get Gall Goidel melting pot events. Do these events continue if I myself convert to Gall Goidel or does the melting pot only occur if I am norse?
The melting pot events for Norse-Gaelic (the main part of which I haven't altered) triggers only for North Germanic characters holding land in Celtic lands. I also added a few other ones that convert Norse culture provinces in Ireland and other relevant places to Norse-Gaelic. Converting Ireland to Norse-Gaelic, if that's your goal, is faster if you remain Norse (which seems a bit contradictory, but oh well, the whole melting pot needs a revamp - I know Zijistark agrees...).

Last edited:
Do you know if there will be any issues if I play this submod with the current EMF beta? Thanks.
Just briefly looking through the beta changelog I can say there are several conflicting changes.

As a general rule, the EMF beta should always be considered incompatible with my submod parts and tweaks, especially if they explicitly require EMF.

I’m excited to download this mod as I’m a huge Norse history buff. I’m not sure what you’ve done with titles but personally I think the following titles could be used for Norse characters:

Council titles:

Chancellor - Bryti

Marshal - Stallari

Steward - Stívarðr

Spymaster - Njósnari

Seer - Þylr

Minor titles:

Court Physician - Lækir/Læknir

Court Tutor - Lærari

Cupbearer - Skenkjari

Commander - Foringi

Lawspeaker - Lög(sögu)maðr

Hirðmaðr

Merkismaðr

Dróttseti

Völva

Landed titles:

Tribal/Feudal

Empire - Keisari

Kingdom - Þjóðann or Konungr

Petty Kingdom - Konungr

Duchy - Jarl

County - Hersir

Barony - Goði/Gyðja

Icelandic Merchant Republic

Duchy - Allsherjargoði

County - Höfðingi

Barony - Goði

Just briefly looking through the beta changelog I can say there are several conflicting changes.

As a general rule, the EMF beta should always be considered incompatible with my submod parts and tweaks, especially if they explicitly require EMF.

Shit. That includes the NHO main mod I assume? been playing with EMF beta and haven't noticed any issue.

Shit. That includes the NHO main mod I assume? been playing with EMF beta and haven't noticed any issue.
It might not be game breaking, nor noticable. But some features will be missing either from my tweaks/parts or from EMF - depending on which files have been updated.

It might not be game breaking, nor noticable. But some features will be missing either from my tweaks/parts or from EMF - depending on which files have been updated.
I think I found a bug about the Russian melting pot.
As i mentioned I was playing it with EMF BETA so after the problem occurred I though it was due to it being incompatible. So I start a new one with normal emf yet this bug still occurred.
After 950 if you're christian the Russian pot will trigger almost instantly, the bug is that despite some province already been convert to Russian the event still keep triggering non stop.
It's not game breaking but the event keep trigger every few years are very annoying.
And for some reason some province that are still Ruski the event won't trigger.

I think I found a bug about the Russian melting pot.
As i mentioned I was playing it with EMF BETA so after the problem occurred I though it was due to it being incompatible. So I start a new one with normal emf yet this bug still occurred.
After 950 if you're christian the Russian pot will trigger almost instantly, the bug is that despite some province already been convert to Russian the event still keep triggering non stop.
It's not game breaking but the event keep trigger every few years are very annoying.

Hmhm.. Yes, that was a rookie mistake. I forgot that it was set to "east_slavic" culture group, so I had to exclude "russian" from that. Fix attached (just replace inside my events folder).

And for some reason some province that are still Ruski the event won't trigger.

They have to be Christian (Orthodox or Catholic). If they are Catholic, and if they are around the Hungarian-Polish border they will take much longer to convert:
Code:
        modifier = {
            factor = 2
            religion = catholic
        }
        modifier = {
            factor = 2
            any_neighbor_province = { culture_group = west_slavic }
        }
        modifier = {
            factor = 2
            any_neighbor_province = { culture_group = altaic }
        }
        modifier = {
            factor = 2
            any_neighbor_province = { culture_group = magyar }
        }
        modifier = {
            factor = 3
            duchy = { title = d_galich }
        }
        modifier = {
            factor = 1.5
            duchy = { title = d_moldau }
        }
        modifier = {
            factor = 3
            kingdom = { title = k_hungary }
        }
        modifier = {
            factor = 3
            kingdom = { title = k_poland }
        }

Attachments

• NHO_culture.txt
    40,3 KB · Views: 40
Hmhm.. Yes, that was a rookie mistake. I forgot that it was set to "east_slavic" culture group, so I had to exclude "russian" from that. Fix attached (just replace inside my events folder).

They have to be Christian (Orthodox or Catholic). If they are Catholic, and if they are around the Hungarian-Polish border they will take much longer to convert:
Code:
        modifier = {
            factor = 2
            religion = catholic
        }
        modifier = {
            factor = 2
            any_neighbor_province = { culture_group = west_slavic }
        }
        modifier = {
            factor = 2
            any_neighbor_province = { culture_group = altaic }
        }
        modifier = {
            factor = 2
            any_neighbor_province = { culture_group = magyar }
        }
        modifier = {
            factor = 3
            duchy = { title = d_galich }
        }
        modifier = {
            factor = 1.5
            duchy = { title = d_moldau }
        }
        modifier = {
            factor = 3
            kingdom = { title = k_hungary }
        }
        modifier = {
            factor = 3
            kingdom = { title = k_poland }
        }
WOW, that was quick thanks!

What plans do you have for the British/English culture shifts?
Nothing new is in the pipeline right now. Did you have anything in mind?

Nothing new is in the pipeline right now. Did you have anything in mind?
Nothing comes to mind. I was asking because of the submods that are floating around now to give more depth to certain groups (NHO and BSL come to mind) and at one point I had started cataloging these culture/language shifts as I've been part of a similar project for EU4.

Have a spreadsheet and word doc I can send if you wanna take a look.

Perhaps either with "current" HIP or its CK3 equivalent a big compendium of NHO/BSL-like submods could be made

Leaders of Norse mercenary companies are titled 'drottin' but I think 'dróttinn' would be more grammatically and orthographically correct. I'm not sure if this is HIP or NHO-specific. Just thought I should mention it.

Reactions: