• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Is there any chance that the mod could be correctly enabled for a running full HIP Golden2 game?
You could with most of the parts/tweaks, but it doesn't really make sense. I would wait for the next game instead.

Another small update!

CHANGELOG
26-07-19
Main Part:
- Gave most Northern and Western European cultures bastard dynasty prefixes.
- Merchant Republics based by the North Sea or the Baltic Sea will now have modifiers that give them a significantly lower tax percentage and a slightly lower levy percentage for their demesne (including patrician holdings).
- Fixed some issues with the Novgorod Republic and made it significantly stronger so it has a good chance to survive the onslaught of its pagan neighbours.
No Icelandic Republic:
- Tweaked the tax/levy modifiers in relation to the ones introduced above.

No Early Bascinets or Great Helms:
- Minor tweaks to the years and requirements.

NHO Full Compilation (26-07-19)

Includes all NHO parts, all tweaks, as well my pre-HL portrait frames.

For HIP Golden2 (EMF, SWMH/MiniSWMH, and CPRplus required)

NHO Main Part

Features:
  • Reworked Norse culture split, including four brand new cultures in Scandinavia and a completely overhauled language setup. See here for details.
  • Overhauled Norse and Norse-derived (including melting pot) character and dynasty names as well as noble and landed title localisation.
  • New or tweaked names and localisation for neighbouring cultures (Anglo-Saxon, Celtic, Balto-Slavic, and Finno-Ugric), including an effort to replace all remaining "High Chiefs".
  • A "Scots" melting-pot that will appear in the Scottish lowlands in the 11th century (around the time of Malcolm III whose descendants are of this anglophile culture along with the Scoto-Norman nobility).
  • Revision of the Rus setup, with a new Polotsk cadet branch of the Rurikids, revised succession laws for Kiev, and fixes to the Novgorod Republic, etc.
  • Changes and corrections to the title and character setup in and around the Scandinavian kingdoms.
  • Tweaked Norse-Gaelic and Anglo-Danish melting-pots.
  • Slightly lowered taxes and levies of North Sea and Baltic Merchant Republics.
  • Other minor changes that enhance the experience when playing within the Norse sphere of influence (see the changelog).
Requirements:
CK2 3.2.1, HIP Golden2 (EMF and SWMH/MiniSWMH required)

Download:
Direct
(26-07-19)

NHO Icelandic Republic

Features:
  • Iceland as a republic with all the lawspeakers, important chieftains, and major clans of the age, several saga figures, and a complete line of Bishops for both of the Icelandic dioceses.
  • Important families of the Faeroe Islands around the time of conversion to Christianity and an extra holding to make the struggles for/against conversion and integration into the Norwegian Kingdom more interesting; this holding later being replaced by the diocese of the Islands.
  • Unreformed pagans can use the "convert to merchant republic" decision (when all other requirements are met).
  • Added modifiers to portray the pre-colonisation (no levies), the Landnám, and the climate (these will also further limit the amount of gold earned by the Merchant Republic).
Requirements:
CK2 3.2.1, HIP Golden2 (SWMH/MiniSWMH and EMF required), NHO Main Part

Download:
Direct
(26-07-19)

No Early Bascinets or Great Helms

Features:
No longer will you see Harald Hardrada wearing a 13th century great helm. Disables bascinets before 1300, great helms before 1225 (for Crusaders 1150), enclosed helmets before 1150, flat top and kettle hats before 1125. The distribution of high martial gear based on martial skill etc. has also been tweaked slightly to accommodate the more fractured emergence of the helmet types - and for a nice transition between them.

Requirements:
CK2 3.2.1, HIP Golden2 (CPRplus required)

Download:
Direct
(26-07-19)

Last edited:
Thank you! Unlikely to get a Lithuanian MR, but fixed it now.

26-07-19+hotfix
Main Part:
- Merchant Republics based by the North Sea or the Baltic Sea will now have modifiers that give them a significantly lower tax percentage and a slightly lower levy percentage for their demesne (including patrician holdings). Hotfix: Fixed so it works for the Kingdom of Lithuania as well.

NHO Full Compilation (26-07-19)+hotfix

Includes all NHO parts, all tweaks, as well my pre-HL portrait frames.

For HIP Golden2 (EMF, SWMH/MiniSWMH, and CPRplus required)

NHO Main Part

Features:
  • Reworked Norse culture split, including four brand new cultures in Scandinavia and a completely overhauled language setup. See here for details.
  • Overhauled Norse and Norse-derived (including melting pot) character and dynasty names as well as noble and landed title localisation.
  • New or tweaked names and localisation for neighbouring cultures (Anglo-Saxon, Celtic, Balto-Slavic, and Finno-Ugric), including an effort to replace all remaining "High Chiefs".
  • A "Scots" melting-pot that will appear in the Scottish lowlands in the 11th century (around the time of Malcolm III whose descendants are of this anglophile culture along with the Scoto-Norman nobility).
  • Revision of the Rus setup, with a new Polotsk cadet branch of the Rurikids, revised succession laws for Kiev, and fixes to the Novgorod Republic, etc.
  • Changes and corrections to the title and character setup in and around the Scandinavian kingdoms.
  • Other minor changes that enhance the experience when playing within the Norse sphere of influence (see the changelog).
Requirements:

Download:
Direct
(26-07-19)+hotfix

Thank you for the quick fixes!
Another suggestion: wouldn't the MR changes be more adequate as a part o the Icelandic Republic module, or even a new one? I feel like the main part has too many features unrelated to each other now, and it's becoming harder to adapt the module selection to each person's liking. It's all up to you, if you wish to keep things as they are right now, I'm completely fine with that.

Thank you for the quick fixes!
Another suggestion: wouldn't the MR changes be more adequate as a part o the Icelandic Republic module, or even a new one? I feel like the main part has too many features unrelated to each other now, and it's becoming harder to adapt the module selection to each person's liking. It's all up to you, if you wish to keep things as they are right now, I'm completely fine with that.

Cheers!

The Icelandic Republic already received modifiers very similar that lowers the taxes and levies even further. The decision to include the MR changes in the main part was due to the close relation it has to the Norse sphere of influence (it matters to Cinque Ports, Gotland, North Frisia, and Novgorod MRs). Also, making another file would be increasing an already too great amount of disconnected tweaks I think.

I think it's also commonly accepted that the North/West European MRs are too strong and wealthy compared to their historical counterparts, so I doubt many people using my mods would actively disable the MR changes if they could.

I'm open for more balancing suggestions though!

Last edited:
A small update for No Early Bascinets or Great Helms, and I also excluded said tweak as well as Call to Arms from the compilation (the first one requires too many DLCs and the second one is very game changing, so I'll leave it up to each and everyone whether they want that or not).

28-07-19
- Bascinets will now emerge more gradually 1300-1350.

NHO Compilation (28-07-19)

Includes all NHO parts and all tweaks except Call to Arms and No Early Bascinets or Great Helms.

For HIP Golden2 (EMF and SWMH/MiniSWMH required)

Features:
No longer will you see Harald Hardrada wearing a 13th century great helm. Disables bascinets before 1300, great helms before 1225 (for Crusaders 1150), enclosed helmets before 1150, flat top and kettle hats before 1125. The distribution of high martial gear based on martial skill etc. has also been tweaked slightly to accommodate the more fractured emergence of the helmet types - and for a nice transition between them.

Requirements:

Download:
Direct
(28-07-19)

Calls to arms has way too many problems with army calculations and balancing.. I tried fixing it but it's impossible. The game is just not prepared for it.
It has issues sure, I still play with it though, and to me the pros outweigh the cons.

It has issues sure, I still play with it though, and to me the pros outweigh the cons.
Dude, I really wanted to play with this mod, but then I think it's easy sometimes, no matter your crown laws that change the amount of troops your vassals give you, because with the mod they just provide everyone, besides there's no how to find a way to make them not even agree to go to war when the authority of the crown is minimal and when it is maximum they are forced to go, there is no trade-off, what are your pros? I really want to have a nice game with a mod like this.

Yeah, main problem is almost every vassal agreeing to accept even if they hate you
Ck2 is not the time to a more complex relation in war with vassals, maybe in a future ck3, only maybe(0,009%).

Why are the CoAs messed up?
[HIP Release 2019-07-23 (Golden2)]
EMF: Extended Mechanics & Flavor (v10.1 - 2019-07-23)
Arumba and Internal Tab Shortcuts (2019-05-18)
SWMH (v3.28 - 2019-07-12)
ARKO Armoiries (2019-06-05)
LTM (C - 2019-05-17)
CPRplus (v3.0.7 - 2019-06-19)

Dude, I really wanted to play with this mod, but then I think it's easy sometimes, no matter your crown laws that change the amount of troops your vassals give you, because with the mod they just provide everyone, besides there's no how to find a way to make them not even agree to go to war when the authority of the crown is minimal and when it is maximum they are forced to go, there is no trade-off, what are your pros? I really want to have a nice game with a mod like this.

Some of the pros and cons are explained in this thread.

Why are the CoAs messed up?
[HIP Release 2019-07-23 (Golden2)]
EMF: Extended Mechanics & Flavor (v10.1 - 2019-07-23)
Arumba and Internal Tab Shortcuts (2019-05-18)
SWMH (v3.28 - 2019-07-12)
ARKO Armoiries (2019-06-05)
LTM (C - 2019-05-17)
CPRplus (v3.0.7 - 2019-06-19)

They should not be. Clear your gfx-folder ("...\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\HIP\gfx""...\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\HIP\gfx") if you haven't already, and make sure you don't use other mods that are incompatible with HIP.

Some of the pros and cons are explained in this thread.

They should not be. Clear your gfx-folder ("...\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\HIP\gfx""...\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\HIP\gfx") if you haven't already, and make sure you don't use other mods that are incompatible with HIP.
The problem persists even after. I don't know why but even after I completely cleared the cache CoA problems are still occurring.

The problem persists even after. I don't know why but even after I completely cleared the cache CoA problems are still occurring.
This is not caused by my submod. I haven't touched the dynasty CoAs. Check your other mods, and try reinstalling HIP.

Here's a new update.

CHANGELOG
30-07-19
Main Part:
- The MR negative modifier now doesn't apply when the MR tier is king or emperor.
- Norman culture now only spreads to the northern coast of France (and Alençon) through melting pot event (otherwise a Norman king of France would convert all French provinces into Norman).
- Norman culture is now using the Old French/Norman form "Normant" instead of the more modern "Normaund".
- The special title for Holstein disabled since it doesn't serve a purpose anymore, and it would force the "Hertoge" title on archbishops or republic heads if held by those.

- The crusader great helms now won't appear before 1200, and this now also works for the new crusader king/queen and holy order great helms.

NHO Compilation (30-07-19)

Includes all NHO parts and all tweaks except Call to Arms and No Early Bascinets or Great Helms.

NHO Main Part

Features:
Requirements:

Download:
Direct
(30-07-19)

Features:
No longer will you see Harald Hardrada wearing a 13th century great helm. Disables bascinets before 1300, great helms before 1225 (for Crusaders 1200), enclosed helmets before 1150, flat top and kettle hats before 1125. The distribution of high martial gear based on martial skill etc. has also been tweaked slightly to accommodate the more fractured emergence of the helmet types - and for a nice transition between them.

Requirements:

Download:
Direct
(30-07-19)

Last edited:
Here's a little update as well as a new part that will appeal to the cynical side of all HIP players!

CHANGELOG:
05-08-19
Main Part:
- Minor tweaks to existing features.

Proper Ruler Designer:
- Added a cost for the "Architect" trait again.
- Fixed an issue with the "Viking" trait.

Abandon Undesirable Children:
- Initial release.

NHO Compilation (05-08-19)

NHO Main Part

Features:
Requirements:

Download:
Direct
(05-08-19)

NHO Icelandic Republic

Features:
  • Iceland as a republic with all the lawspeakers, important chieftains, and major clans of the age, several saga figures, and a complete line of Bishops for both of the Icelandic dioceses.
  • Important families of the Faeroe Islands around the time of conversion to Christianity and an extra holding to make the struggles for/against conversion and integration into the Norwegian Kingdom more interesting; this holding later being replaced by the diocese of the Islands.
  • Unreformed pagans can use the "convert to merchant republic" decision (when all other requirements are met).
  • Added modifiers to portray the pre-colonisation (no levies), the Landnám, and the climate (these will also further limit the amount of gold earned by the Icelandic MR government).
Requirements:
CK2 3.2.1, HIP Golden2 (SWMH/MiniSWMH and EMF required), NHO Main Part

Proper Ruler Designer

Features:
Brings back the +/- of the Ruler Designer to stop yourself and your friends from overindulging.

Requirements:
CK2 3.2.1, HIP Golden2 (EMF required)

Download:
Direct
(05-08-19)

Abandon Undesirable Children

Features:
Any ruler (including AI) that is cruel or insane enough (and/or has cultural/religious customs that allow it) can abandon children with obviously detrimental traits (dwarf, clubfooted, imbecile, weak, deaf, inbred, tiny, wrymouth, harelip, hunchback, ugly) as well as illegitimate bastard children. This is based on the Leave your child into the forest mod by Mec vraiment cool. It has been expanded and tweaked quite a bit, tailored more for HIP (with all the new traits), and unlike said mod it has been extended and balanced for the AI.

Requirements:
CK2 3.2.1, HIP Golden2 (EMF required)

Download:
Direct
(05-08-19)

As of August 5, 2019, the download links for the compendium and the main file are both broken. Others may be too, but I didn't try them all.
You must have tried while I was uploading the new version ;-)