• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This is a very weak guess, but what if it's a small error in the way that localization is written, such as the number of semicolons?
No, it definitely has something to do with the landed_titles overwrite file - not the localization proper. Right now it appears as if "norsegaelic" objects to having two different (or even similar) entries in landed_titles files, and then just reverts to the default for some weird reason...

So, I had to make a work-around fix for that, but finally it's here: the full comp-patch for NHO!

CHANGELOG:

07-07-19
Main Part:
- Updated for Golden1.
- Norse and Norse-derived cultures can use tanistry succession again.
- Other minor fixes and changes.
Icelandic Republic:
- Updated for Golden1.
Map Changes:
- Updated for Golden1.

NHO Main Part

Features:
  • Reworked Norse culture split, including four brand new cultures in Scandinavia and a completely overhauled language setup. See here for details.
  • Overhauled Norse and Norse-derived (including melting pot) character and dynasty names as well as noble and landed title localisation.
  • New or tweaked names and localisation for neighbouring cultures (Anglo-Saxon, Celtic, Balto-Slavic, and Finno-Ugric), including an effort to replace all remaining "High Chiefs".
  • Changes and corrections to the title and character setup in and around the Scandinavian kingdoms.
  • Revision of the Rus setup, with a new Polotsk cadet branch of the Rurikids, revised succession laws for Kiev, and fixes to the Novgorod Republic, etc.
  • Tweaked Norse-Gaelic and Anglo-Danish melting-pots.
  • Other minor changes that enhance the experience when playing within the Norse sphere of influence.
Requirements:
CK2 3.2.1, HIP Golden1 (EMF and SWMH/MiniSWMH required)

Download:
Direct
(07-07-19)

NHO Icelandic Republic

Features:
  • Iceland as a republic with all the lawspeakers, important chieftains, and major clans of the age, several saga figures, and a complete line of Bishops for both of the Icelandic dioceses.
  • Important families of the Faeroe Islands around the time of conversion to Christianity and an extra holding to make the struggles for/against conversion and integration into the Norwegian Kingdom more interesting; this holding later being replaced by the diocese of the Islands.
  • Unreformed pagans can use the "convert to merchant republic" decision (when all other requirements are met).
  • Added modifiers to portray the pre-colonisation (no levies), the Landnám, and the climate.
Requirements:
CK2 3.2.1, HIP Golden1 (SWMH/MiniSWMH required), NHO Main Part

Download:
Direct
(07-07-19)

NHO Map Changes

Features:
  • Redrawn borders that give York and London access to the sea.
  • Opened up several passes through the Norwegian mountain terrain.
Requirements:
CK2 3.2.1, HIP Golden1 (SWMH/MiniSWMH required) NOTE: Not compatible with Gaea (Updated Map).

Download:
Direct
(07-07-19)

All right. There was an unforeseen consequence with allowing tanistry: it becomes the default succession for some reason. Will attempt to fix this!

Here's a hotfix. I had to implement some restrictions on it to avoid the issue mentioned above.

CHANGELOG:

07-07-19
Main Part (hotfix):
- Norse and Norse-derived cultures can use tanistry succession again (hotfix: only with high organization/authority).

NHO Main Part

Features:
  • Reworked Norse culture split, including four brand new cultures in Scandinavia and a completely overhauled language setup. See here for details.
  • Overhauled Norse and Norse-derived (including melting pot) character and dynasty names as well as noble and landed title localisation.
  • New or tweaked names and localisation for neighbouring cultures (Anglo-Saxon, Celtic, Balto-Slavic, and Finno-Ugric), including an effort to replace all remaining "High Chiefs".
  • Changes and corrections to the title and character setup in and around the Scandinavian kingdoms.
  • Revision of the Rus setup, with a new Polotsk cadet branch of the Rurikids, revised succession laws for Kiev, and fixes to the Novgorod Republic, etc.
  • Other minor changes that enhance the experience when playing within the Norse sphere of influence.
Requirements:

Download:
Direct
(07-07-19)

"You've had a whole half already!"

There seems to be an issue with the AI not going on seaborne raids (again!) - it's probably a vanilla issue, so if you want it fixed, go voice your opinion in their bug forums.

There seems to be an issue with the AI not going on seaborne raids (again!) - it's probably a vanilla issue, so if you want it fixed, go voice your opinion in their bug forums.

"He knows about Second raidfast? Elevensies Looting? Raidcheon? Afternoon Raid?..."

[Don't expect other devs to make it work, figure it out and arise as a Leader of Men]

A bunch of tweaks and fixes for the main part, and also a new one: "No Warrior Lodges", that simply disables the warrior lodges.

CHANGELOG:
08-07-19
Main Part:
- Tanistry now only requires medium organization/authority (except for Celtic cultures), and it is now available on these terms for all North Germanic, Norse-derived, Russian, and Saxon cultures.
- Eldership succession is now available (though not default) for tribal Norse Pagans.
- Scandinavian kingdoms succession laws revised. Denmark and Norway favour Agnatic-Cognatic Elective Gavelkind, while Sweden uses Feudal Elective after Stenkell ascends; this means especially Denmark will be a bit unstable with some infighting and split-ups, but that is very much true to history - but most importantly it means that Denmark and Norway will mostly retain the royal dynasty in power unlike when they used Feudal Elective.
- Wends and Estonians can now go on seaborne raids again (this can be disabled by removing "zz_emfswmh_cultures.txt").
- Raiding aggression has been increased to try to somewhat counter the lack of seaborne raiding in the current CK2 version.
- More localization for various cultures (mostly Norse) around Scotland and the Isles.
- Gutnish localization fixed with a work-around (similar issue that I had with landed_titles files and the Gall Goídel culture).
- Silly Vanilla forced rename of the Kingdom of Kiev now changed to "Kiev" instead of "Kievan Rus" - the disabled culture localization for this title can't be helped unfortunately.
- Other minor fixes and changes.
No Warrior Lodges:
- Initial release.

NHO Main Part

Features:
Requirements:

Download:
Direct
(08-07-19)

No Warrior Lodges

Features:
Sends all the warrior lodges back to the abyss of fantasy.

Requirements:
CK2 3.2.1, HIP Golden1 (EMF required)

Download:
Direct
(08-07-19)

Last edited:
OMG I'm so happy with the full comp-patch. Really, your mod make all my games so much funnier. Thank you, Erilaz!

Edit: My old save game, with the NHO Main Part 07-07-19+ hotfix it's compatible with this new one of today?

Last edited:
OMG I'm so happy with the full comp-patch. Really, your mod make all my games so much funnier. Thank you, Erilaz!

Edit: My old save game, with the NHO Main Part 07-07-19+ hotfix it's compatible with this new one of today?

Yeah, no problem, except if you use the new part (No Warrior Lodges) it might cause some issues.

A bit 'labor intensive' for an install.

This is what I have~~
4 folders:
'NHO Icelandic Republic'
'NHO Main Part'
'NHO Map Changes'
'No Early Wendish Kingdoms HIP'

And then 4 *.mod files with that titles the same, all slapped into the mod folder.

This is correct, ja?

[[Also, The Carpathian Realms are "Hell and away from Cartagena sister". You mod folks need to make things compatible with each other, otherwise we have to make decisions that we don't like, like turning off a very well made mod. Email him/her/them and get it working, I have faith in you.}}

Just a heads up, the religious titles submod incorrectly moves the duchy of Thrace from the kingdom of Thessalonica to the kingdom of Greece, which doesn't exist in SWMH. This is due to the mod files referencing k_byzantium instead of k_thrace (I may be misremembering the kingdom names in the files, but you get what I mean).

Damn. Again? Do you know if it's a vanilla issue for sure?

Anyway, thanks for the update buddy ;)

A bit 'labor intensive' for an install.

This is what I have~~
4 folders:
'NHO Icelandic Republic'
'NHO Main Part'
'NHO Map Changes'
'No Early Wendish Kingdoms HIP'

And then 4 *.mod files with that titles the same, all slapped into the mod folder.

This is correct, ja?

[[Also, The Carpathian Realms are "Hell and away from Cartagena sister". You mod folks need to make things compatible with each other, otherwise we have to make decisions that we don't like, like turning off a very well made mod. Email him/her/them and get it working, I have faith in you.}}

Yes, that's correct. It's all in the name of free choice you know. Otherwise I could just bunch it all together.

The newest version might be easier to make compatible with the Carpathia submod. I can look into it and see where we conflict.

Just a heads up, the religious titles submod incorrectly moves the duchy of Thrace from the kingdom of Thessalonica to the kingdom of Greece, which doesn't exist in SWMH. This is due to the mod files referencing k_byzantium instead of k_thrace (I may be misremembering the kingdom names in the files, but you get what I mean).

Well, I'll be damned. Thanks for the heads up! I really did not expect the titles to be renamed arbitrarily. In Hydra6 k_thrace was called k_byzantium. Renaming it really serves no purpose o.o

Anyway, I will fix it asap.

Damn. Again? Do you know if it's a vanilla issue for sure?

Anyway, thanks for the update buddy ;)

Yes. It's extremely rare, also when using clean vanilla. So, not quite as severe as before, but still - 2-3 seaborne raids during the Viking Age is a pretty severe issue if you ask me.

Update for Latin and Greek Religious Titles:

CHANGELOG:
09-07-19
Latin and Greek Religious Titles:
- Fixed an issue caused by k_byzantium being renamed to k_thrace in recent CK2/HIP versions.

Latin and Greek Religious Titles

Features:
Catholic religious titles use Latin, and Orthodox religious titles use Greek, instead of English.
The in-game "Autocephalous Patriarchs" are now called "Mitropolitis" (Metropolitan) since real Patriarchs beside the Ecumenical one only appeared in the Pentarchy and in Bulgaria within the game's time frame; instead the temple holdings where they appeared will now give the title "Patriarkhes" if held by an Orthodox character and "Patriarcha" if held by a Catholic character.

Requirements:
CK2 3.2.1, HIP Golden1 (SWMH/MiniSWMH required)

Download:
Direct
(09-07-19)

Last edited:
Yes. It's extremely rare, also when using clean vanilla. So, not quite as severe as before, but still - 2-3 seaborne raids during the Viking Age is a pretty severe issue if you ask me.

That's really bad, indeed. Was this reported officially etc?

The "Scots" melting pot (10-07-19)
So, this might come as a surprise, but I'm back with the "Scots" melting pot!

CHANGELOG:
10-07-19
Main Part:
- The "Scots" melting-pot is back! It will appear in the Scottish Lowlands in the 11th century (around the time of Malcolm III whose descendants are of this anglophile culture along with the Scoto-Norman nobility). It's pretty intricate, but in short, when the requirements are met, it turns Saxon/English provinces within the Kingdom of Scotland into "Scots", that is, in reality anglophone "Inglis" subjects in the Lowlands, but loyal to the Scottish crown; the nobility using the Scots culture represent the Scoto-Normans as well as the anglophile Scottish kings after Malcolm III.
- All of the Scottish characters in the history files have been assigned either Albannaich or Scots (or Cumbric/Gall Goídel) culture in accordance with their ancestry and alignment.
- The province culture setup in and around Scotland has been revised.
- The time it takes for regular province culture conversion has been increased by 1.5 (it can still be made even slower with the game rule).
- Made Dyfnwal part of the old Cumbric dynasty in 867 so the line isn't broken in that bookmark.
- Other minor changes and fixes.

A selection of bookmarks for comparison:
S21AwR3.jpg

GXoGeZ2.jpg

SDZm4RC.jpg

CsNuEvj.jpg

h97of7q.jpg

h97of7q.jpg

Download:
NHO Main Part

Features:
  • A "Scots" melting-pot that will appear in the Scottish lowlands in the 11th century (around the time of Malcolm III whose descendants are of this anglophile culture along with the Scoto-Norman nobility).
Requirements:

Download:
Direct
(10-07-19)

Last edited:
Hotfix for a few issues I encountered:

CHANGELOG:
10-07-19+hotfix
Main Part:
- Prevented Scots, English, Saxon, Anglo-Danish, and Norman rulers from converting to Celtic capital cultures other than Scots.
- All regular culture conversion (both character and province) slowed down to half speed by default.
Map Changes:
- Fixed an issue with the ports of London and York, as well as Rügen and Slesvig (the latter two being HIP errors).

NHO Main Part

Features:
  • A "Scots" melting-pot that will appear in the Scottish lowlands in the 11th century (around the time of Malcolm III whose descendants are of this anglophile culture along with the Scoto-Norman nobility).
Requirements:

Download:
Direct
(10-07-19)+hotfix

NHO Map Changes

Features:
  • Redrawn borders that give York and London access to the sea.
  • Opened up several passes through the Norwegian mountain terrain.
Requirements:
CK2 3.2.1, HIP Golden1 (SWMH/MiniSWMH required) NOTE: Not compatible with Gaea (Updated Map).

Download:
Direct
(10-07-19)

Last edited: