• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Emilersej

Ethem-Man of Armnoserland
29 Badges
Oct 2, 2011
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Rome Gold
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • 500k Club
  • War of the Roses
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Cities: Skylines
Morrowind Overhaul

Wealth beyond measure outlanders! I always felt that Morrowind lacked a bit of flavor in Elder Kings, so I created this submod

Current features:
  • Dunmer rulers are now expected to go and renew their bond with their ancestors once in during their rule. Make sure to maintain good relations with your ancestors, or you might end up dead or cursed.
  • The Great Houses are now less centralized, so staying in power should be a bit more of a challenge.
  • Succession laws above count level are now restricted to feudal elective to represent the importance of elections and councils we saw in TES:III.
  • Reduced the Great Houses to duke tier so that the House leader isn't the only one voting in elections.
  • Increased council power in the Great Houses.
  • Telvanni counties now have rule by might as default to represent their 'might makes right' ideology
  • Telvanni vassals can now claim the title of their ruler if they are strong enough - this is how you get to become Archmagister in TES:III.
  • Added more immortal Telvanni wizards from lore.
  • Telvanni are now more likely to choose magical eduction focus.
  • Telvanni rulers now have tendency to worship daedra in order to reflect their heretical nature
  • Redoran is now tribal. This is to prevent them from getting eaten by Nords and Hlaalu, and also fits well with their clan-based warrior society. Perhaps this makes them overpowered, especially in the hands of a player, I would like feedback on that.
  • moved Silgrad and Blacklight away from the Skyrim border, to prevent them getting taken by Nords and it also fits with Tamriel Rebuilt lore.
  • Redoran haracters are now more likely to select a martial education, and also added martial traits to Redoran characters in the history files.
  • Dunmer duke tier rulers are now limited to only one duchy in order to prevent houses from splitting apart.
  • When you create your first duchy as count tier Dunmer ruler, you will form a brand new Great House named after your dynasty!
  • Changed localisation for Dunmer rulers to more closely resemble the titles used in TES:III: Mayors are now Hetmen, Seras are Lords, Muthseras are Masters, Emperors are Hortators.
Screenshots

Installation:
  • If you have the latest development version, download dunmer2101, if you have the latest official release download dunmerCESS
  • Drop contents of the attached rar-file in the mod folder.
  • Activate both this mod and the EKSVN mod and play!

Feedback and suggestions are welcome!

Attachments

• dunmerCESS.rar
    248,3 KB · Views: 372
  • dunmer2101.zip
    324,3 KB · Views: 228
Last edited:
Would rather see submods like these integrated into the main mod, personally. More diversity for Morrowind's rulers would be nice though!

I, too, would like my changes to be part of the official mod. We will see if the devs will have it...

Keeps crashing at "worshiping the deadra". What do I do?

Are you using the latest SVN version? Added a Quick installation guide to the OP.

Nice submod, makes Morrowind more interesting to play in. I agree that these changes could go in the main mod, if you can convince most of the team to put it into the SVN.

Updated to make this fully compatible with the latest SVN as well as the official release. Version BEHT of the Dunmer Overhaul is purely a compatibility patch. download from this post or the OP.

With the new release, I will ask the devs again about inclusion in the main mod.

Attachments

• dunmerBEHT.rar
    1,6 MB · Views: 59
As of wednesday, yes. The svn is updated all the time so I can't guarantee it, but my submod isn't very intrusive so it should work, even with the new house trait stuff. I won't have access to the SVN to check the next couple of weeks though.

just wanted to say that I love this mod but I noticed that house dagoth is still a kingdom and not a duchy although it is technically a cult/religion head but then again the other houses were reduced to duchies...

just wanted to say that I love this mod but I noticed that house dagoth is still a kingdom and not a duchy although it is technically a cult/religion head but then again the other houses were reduced to duchies...

I thought House Dagoth hadn't been fully implemented yet, that's the main reason I haven't made it into a duchy. But yeah, maybe it shouldn't be made a duchy at all, it's not like the House Dagoth we see in TES:III operates in the same manner as the other houses...

I thought House Dagoth hadn't been fully implemented yet, that's the main reason I haven't made it into a duchy. But yeah, maybe it shouldn't be made a duchy at all, it's not like the House Dagoth we see in TES:III operates in the same manner as the other houses...

I noticed House Dagoth as the religious head of the 'Sixth House' almsivi heresy in game.

Update to the most recent revision (1989) to make it work with the new Great House Councils and the pledging system. Should work with Elder Kings 0.2.1 as well, but let me know if it doesn't.

• Dunmer duke tier rulers are now limited to only one duchy in order to prevent houses from splitting apart.
  • When you create your first duchy as count tier Dunmer ruler, you will form a brand new Great House named after your dynasty!
  • Changed localisation for Dunmer rulers to more closely resemble the titles used in TES:III: Mayors are now Hetmen, Seras are Lords, Muthseras are Masters, Emperors are Hortators.

Attachments

• dunmerCESS.rar
    248,3 KB · Views: 50
do you plan to support changes to other great houses? I dont know much about morrowind but even in ESO i didnt interact with other great houses than the Telvanni lol

do you plan to support changes to other great houses? I dont know much about morrowind but even in ESO i didnt interact with other great houses than the Telvanni lol
I'd imagine so, given how important they were in Morrowind. There's House Redoran, which is sort of a traditionalist and warrior-type great house that prefers old-school dunmer architecture and culture. House Hlaalu is a business-oriented great house with ties to the Imperials of Cyrodiil, and they got kicked from Morrowind's great houses after Cyrodiil failed to protect Morrowind from the Oblivion Crisis.

Telvanni, I'm sure you know this already, is essentially an isolationist group of mages with no qualms about slavery and no ethical hold-ups. House Indoril is the zealous great house that staunchly supported the Tribunal and essentially became a part of the temple. House Dres is a bunch of xenophobic slavers, and lastly House Dagoth was a short-lived great house that dissolved when their leader betrayed everyone at Red Mountain.

I'd imagine so, given how important they were in Morrowind. There's House Redoran, which is sort of a traditionalist and warrior-type great house that prefers old-school dunmer architecture and culture. House Hlaalu is a business-oriented great house with ties to the Imperials of Cyrodiil, and they got kicked from Morrowind's great houses after Cyrodiil failed to protect Morrowind from the Oblivion Crisis.

Telvanni, I'm sure you know this already, is essentially an isolationist group of mages with no qualms about slavery and no ethical hold-ups. House Indoril is the zealous great house that staunchly supported the Tribunal and essentially became a part of the temple. House Dres is a bunch of xenophobic slavers, and lastly House Dagoth was a short-lived great house that dissolved when their leader betrayed everyone at Red Mountain.
How would those characteristics be implemented in game to make each house more unique? I like the dunmer but hate their slaver society. Thats why I hang with the ashlanders

How would those characteristics be implemented in game to make each house more unique? I like the dunmer but hate their slaver society. Thats why I hang with the ashlanders
There could probably be a bonus or focus for being a part of a particular great house, like martial or defense bonuses for the Redorans and magical bonuses for the Telvanni.

As for slavery, it is wide-spread but largely utilized in Vvardenfell and southern Morrowind for mining, farming/smuggling, or Telvanni test subjects/servants. Redoran tolerate slavery for the sake of tradition but rarely, if ever, utilize it, and Hlaalu families will utilize slavery for financial gains and smuggling operations. Since there are abolitionists at least by the 3rd Era, there could potentially be an abolitionist group like the Twin Lamps from TES III, which could function as a secret society with the potential ability to free slaves.

Last edited:
Oh and with the upcoming bloodline feature from Holy Fury probably some bonuses to traditional slaver houses slavery efficiency. The telvanni did offer slaves a chance to ascend within their ranks, at least going by an ESO questline I did. That led to a former argonian slave joining the House Telvanni council. I never did get to finish the entire quest after she got kidnapped though.

Interesting with all these suggestions!

Regarding Great House flavor, I guess you could make Redoran more likely to choose the warrior education focus, Hlaalu could be more likely to choose stewardship, Indoril would seek learning too, I guess, and Dres would choose... Intrigue? I think there are already bonuses added with the House traits, but if there isn't I will remedy that with the next version!

In other news, I'm currently looking into adding House Dagoth functionality as well as the Blight.

Oh and with the upcoming bloodline feature from Holy Fury probably some bonuses to traditional slaver houses slavery efficiency. The telvanni did offer slaves a chance to ascend within their ranks, at least going by an ESO questline I did. That led to a former argonian slave joining the House Telvanni council. I never did get to finish the entire quest after she got kidnapped though.

An Argonian former slave reaching the Council is a little hard to swallow, just because the only member of that body that wasn't a couple centuries old was the Neravarine (maybe).

However, there is at least one example of a former slave reaching a high status within the service of their former master. Vistha-Kai is the Warden of the Corprusarium at Tel Fyr and was formerly a slave owned by Divayth Fyr.