• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This is amazing!

It looks really amazing, though the texture should be changed. I don't know what they look like in-game in ESO, but in Morrowind Velothi architecture was yellow-brown with green metalic decoration, with a dark brown for the floors.

I fully intend to add more structures. The current list is Ada-mantia, Crystal-like-law, High Hrothgar, Bleak Falls Barrow and Vivec plus Winterhold college now that you mention it.

Ideally I would like suggestions for structures in Argonia, Elsweyr and Valenwood as I personally cannot think of anything there to model. I would prefer to avoid cities unless there is a clear reason why it in particular should be added over another city.
Falinesti is one of those giant moving trees I think. Also counts as a Tower.

Falinesti is one of those giant moving trees I think. Also counts as a Tower.

I am already planning on Elden root for Valenwood. It was the capital of the first Aldmeri Dominion and allegedly the first graht-oak, plus it is also a representation of Green-Sap. The models for each would be similar though so it's not out of the question to have a few of the major graht-oaks each be represented by a rotation of the same model.

wow i might just dwl this. Hm ok i dwlded i might install this now yeah. For places like argonia that dont have a game or a recent release how do you figure youll get an idea for the aesthetics of those models?

wow i might just dwl this. Hm ok i dwlded i might install this now yeah. For places like argonia that dont have a game or a recent release how do you figure youll get an idea for the aesthetics of those models?

I look at ESO because it includes all the provinces and provides a good base, then I look at other lore sources (e.g. in game books) and similar real life analogues. The rest I just fill in from my imagination. So for Argonia I would look at ESO screenshots and note down major observations: -it looks like a marsh/swamp or mangrove forest, -architecture looked vaguely Mayan. Then looking through lore I establish that: -it has Hist trees, -Argonians revere the Hist (also lore confirms the terrain). From this I would extrapolate that wood would not be a primary building material one, because the climate would encourage rapid decay and two Hist appear as trees implying that normal trees may be rare or non-existent. The alternative to wood is stone, which is consistent with surviving Mayan architecture. From here it would be pretty much made up as I when along guided by Mayan architectural elements and any descriptions of what I am modeling.

cool cool sounds like youre being diligent about it and the outcome looks really nice. Specially love the Vivec City aztec like temple. I pretty much spent all my F2p weekend time on ESO playing in Vivec and the last time I saw anything Morrowind was 2003. I imagine youll have more to draw from the skyblivion and skywind mod releases as well as any of the Beyond Skyrim projects if they ever release

I am already planning on Elden root for Valenwood. It was the capital of the first Aldmeri Dominion and allegedly the first graht-oak, plus it is also a representation of Green-Sap. The models for each would be similar though so it's not out of the question to have a few of the major graht-oaks each be represented by a rotation of the same model.

I do think it's also important to have a landmark model for Green-Sap, especially for game considerations, since it's one of the four special Tower holdings in the mod. Having one for Green-Sap highlights the importance of that county in-game.

I do think it's also important to have a landmark model for Green-Sap, especially for game considerations, since it's one of the four special Tower holdings in the mod. Having one for Green-Sap highlights the importance of that county in-game.

As I said, each of the major settlements in Valenwood could be given a variation of the model where applicable. I understand where you are coming from with having the model in Falinesti from a game perspective and I will make it an option. On the other hand I am designing this with a lore focus and in lore there is arguments for Falinesti, Silvenar and Elden Root all being the most important and I happen to think Elden Root has the strongest argument.

Please see my response near the top of page two. In short is poorly made (e.g. lacking proper flags) and is tangled up in a larger submod.

Also Vivec is done:
View attachment 398812

I tried a different texturing method that is easier but I am not sure the results are as good. Thoughts?
I think all of your landmarks are pretty freaking awesome. I had an audible nerd gasp when I saw this Vivec though, keep up the great work man! I feel like other big mods (AGOT, Warhammer) need a submod like this now.

Alternate Crystal-like-Law. This is more an experiment with transparency and I will probably go back and create a more detailed model in the future.

2018-08-28_225422.png

To be quite honest, I'm not a big fan of the alternate Crystal Tower. It looks far too abstract, alien, and out of place for what's supposed to be an Aldmeri structure. Personally I imagine the Crystal Tower to look more like the Tower of Hoeth from Warhammer:

latest

Or perhaps something more like the architectural style shown in a concept art for ESO: Summerset:

7eb6c338ec75987491b32ab4bc878f75_artists-rendering-of-summerset-isle_wallpaper-1920x1080.jpg

Last edited:
To be quite honest, I'm not a big fan of the alternate Crystal Tower. It looks far too abstract, alien, and out of place for what's supposed to be an Aldmeri structure. Personally I imagine the Crystal Tower to look more like the Tower of Hoeth from Warhammer:

latest

Or perhaps something more like the architectural style shown in a concept art for ESO: Summerset:

7eb6c338ec75987491b32ab4bc878f75_artists-rendering-of-summerset-isle_wallpaper-1920x1080.jpg

Alternate Crystal-like-Law. This is more an experiment with transparency and I will probably go back and create a more detailed model in the future.

I misinterpreted that comment that you'll make a more detailed version of the alternate model you already made, instead of a completely different detailed model. Good to know it won't be that one :)

I misinterpreted that comment that you'll make a more detailed version of the alternate model you already made, instead of a completely different detailed model. Good to know it won't be that one :)

It will be similar in that it uses a single basic module with tiers of different sizes, but the shape of the module and detail pieces is yet to be determined. Also it will probably utilise transparency in some way.

The Aldmeri are abstract, alien, and out of place. The fact that its elves are often portrayed as something far strange and more interesting than your generic, high-fantasy, Tolkien rip-offs is one of the best things about TES. Would be a shame to replace it with generic disney castle architecture.

The Aldmeri are abstract, alien, and out of place. The fact that its elves are often portrayed as something far strange and more interesting than your generic, high-fantasy, Tolkien rip-offs is one of the best things about TES. Would be a shame to replace it with generic disney castle architecture.

That doesn't mean their architecture has to be chthonic, lovecraftian, and abstract in nature. Their architecture can be unusual while being elegant at the same time. As it stands, the style of the alternate Crystal Tower looks more like something that would come from Coldharbour rather than an Aldmeri construct.