• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thanks for reporting the bug, I'll have to remove the mod until I figure it out. I've tested every version and only managed to replicate it with the mozarab one, which incidentially is also the only one that adds the aljamí culture and the Banu Ishaq dynasty. If it still happened to you with the other versions it might be because you used the same save, which will most likely already be corrupted, or unpacked one version on top of another which will overwrite some and mix other files.

On the other hand, I've also noticed that HIP seems to have changed the name of the moravian culture to slovieni, causing a splotch of no_culture under bohemia when you use my mod. Thankfully it's an easy fix, I might rectify it later if I have the time.

A way to manage to make it work is start as historical pre set character with the mod active, save. Restart CK2 without the mod and you are good to go. (the religions and cultures of the provinces stay changed like if the mod was active)

You can then customize the character in game with the cheat console.

Unfortunately there is no work around customizing from start with the ruler designer with the mode active since once you save it fucks up the dynasty.

And if you want to customize without the mod, save, restart with the mod, it won't change or affect the provinces culture and religion.

I always started games from scratch.

But, the first mod i ever tried it was the mozarab one and then just deleted it.. I think it permanently changed something on the game.

I can just go new game with any mod (of your submods) and ill get the glitch.

I always started games from scratch.

But, the first mod i ever tried it was the mozarab one and then just deleted it.. I think it permanently changed something on the game.

I can just go new game with any mod (of your submods) and ill get the glitch.

Do you completely delete the Iberian_Tweak folder and the iberian_tweak.mod file? I don't get the bug with any but the mozarab version.

I reeplaced them.. but now that i think about it that could be bad right?

Yeah, in general you would want to completely delete a mod before putting a different version in. If you for example install the mozarab version and then the base one, there will still be files making reference to a culture (aljami) that is no longer defined in the necessary places, and give you errors as a consequence.

I've updated all versions, tested to make sure no dynasty or ruler designer shenanigans occur, nor moravian provinces with noculture.

needs to be updated again, since HIP changed moravian to slovieni in the game files

If I'm not mistaken my mod already has moravian defined as slovieni, so that shouldn't be an issue. I've not tested it however since right now I don't have time to play CK2.

it didn't i had to manually edit landed_titles, so that it wouldn't conflict with Balkans and Carpathians localisation

Ahh I get what you mean, thanks for pointing it out. I'll have to fix it some time in the future.

I've been wanting to update the mod but have little time. Is there any one particular version you would want? The basic and visigoth versions seem to be the more popular so I might update those two.

I've been wanting to update the mod but have little time. Is there any one particular version you would want? The basic and visigoth versions seem to be the more popular so I might update those two.
Is the alternative one with bigger iberian cultures? If yes id like this one

Hey, just a suggestion for the visigothic version, perhaps you could change the name "Visigothic" into an endonym, like all the other cultures on HIP. And since later Visigoths didn't really speak Gothic, but Latin instead, I'd suggest one of the Latin names for the Visigoths, like Wisigothi.

I've thought about that, but I'm not sure what endonym might be more fitting. My intent in using visigothic was to represent the romance speakers under umayyad rule, and they would refer to themselves as Latins, but that's not an ideal in-game term. Arabs sometimes used the term Quti (Goth) to refer to some nobles of visigothic descent, so that's another one. Wisigothi sounds good, but wouldn't it need to be in adjective form to fit with other HIP cultures? Something like Wisigothos?

visi means west but the visigoth wouldnt say that he is westgothic. he would say im gothic and he might say "i speak Gotisk/Gutisk"
But would latin-speaking Goths in the 9th century Iberian peninsula refer to themselves in a language they no longer speak? Although you are right, perhaps something like Gothice (the Latin word for Gothic according to wikipedia) would be more accurate.

But would latin-speaking Goths in the 9th century Iberian peninsula refer to themselves in a language they no longer speak? Although you are right, perhaps something like Gothice (the Latin word for Gothic according to wikipedia) would be more accurate.
link pls cant find it