• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Surely a Great Mod! (Sub-mod). Thank you for not leaving it just for your personal use.

I'll quote my fellow Dev Ese

It's not exactly reflective of the actual reality of Desert life, to have it confined to tiny spots.

And of top of that, we consider the Oases setup to be a bit of an eye sore. We used to have Oases in SWMH 4 years or so, ago. And we weren't exactly happy with it

Allowing armies to just move between oases without suffering completely devastating attrition (not that long connecting provinces like in vanilla is ideal either) is what makes me hate that kind of map design.

I have only problem with the mod(but its surely a great mod) Trees, yes, trees, I think there are very few of them, England does not have trees for example, besides clearly the hexagons used, the SWMH version uses the hexagons, but there are more trees together in these hexagons.

@Marinakis

Which Satellite imagery did you use to make the map? Was it one source, or did you use multiple?

Nah. I would have to update it. Havent played ckii in a while now. Sorry.
Your map is amazing, even more the relief between mountains. I just think one thing is missing, in which case it would be a more realistic allocation of trees.
And a suggestion, I think I should remove the boundary lines between the oasis and the normal provinces, and put in place the old strait icon

So..., the submod need a update to be compatible with Frosty1.

So..., the submod need a update to be compatible with Frosty1.

I am kind of feeling the CKII itch again. I might look into getting this updated in the near future. With that said, I haven't played in a while, so I don't know how much the map has been changed since I was last playing. The more extensive the map changes, the longer the time needed to get the mod up-to-date.

Edit: Any specific province names you can provide me with which need to be updated/added to the map, will speed up the process.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
I am kind of feeling the CKII itch again. I might look into getting this updated in the near future. With that said, I haven't played in a while, so I don't know how much the map has been changed since I was last playing. The more extensive the map changes, the longer the time needed to get the mod up-to-date.

Edit: Any specific province names you can provide me with which need to be updated/added to the map, will speed up the process.
You can ser in changelog of the update.
  • Added 11 new provinces: Maysan in southern Iraq; Sus in southern Persia; Shapurkhwast in western Persia; Dzoraget and Kambechovani in the Caucasus; Selymbria in Thrace; Bampur in Makran; Dathina and Marib in Yemen; Ardabil in Azerbaijan; Qurta in northern Nubia.
  • Replaced the province of Larestan with Istakhr in western Persia.
  • Replaced the province of El-Rif (to the north of Fez) with the province of Tadla (south of Fez).
  • 2 provinces merged in Nubia (into Dongola and Soba).
  • Added an extra sea zone in South India (Konkan Coast).

So updating this mod to be compatible with whatever expansion added the great work buildings is proving to be a bit of work. Still, I am decently into the process.

However, question - is there any way to mod the scale sizer of the great work buildings on land and the coastline? These things appear obnoxiously large on the map.

It is not working with Hydra6 in CK2 2.8.3.4, what would be the version?

Quite sad I only just found this submod now. It scratches an itch I didn't even know I had.

It's absolutely gorgeous, and I'd say I would pay real money to see it updated but I'm pretty sure that's against the ToS of Paradox products to pay modders. Still, that's how good it is to me.

@Marinakis Could you make the subdmod available again? I saw that the file was deleted on Dropbox :(

It hasnt been updated for quite a while. Unfortunately, it needs a lot of work to be usable.
Not really, I used the mod working perfectly after HIP updated and added more provinces to Iraq and India, using Gaea these new provinces just didn't show up, but the rest is perfect.

Edit: And if now it just ends up crashing, I’ll just go back to some versions of HIP.