• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Just out of curiosuity.. why isnt this map used instead of the old one that hasnt been updated in years?
I dont see why this one isn't put in with the main package at this point

I'm also crashing on startup, running latest HIP (Furry3) and Gaeia 1.4.5c with no other submods enabled

Exception info from the dump file - "The thread tried to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have the appropriate access."

Guessing it's a unknown version related issue?

Last edited:
... That doesn't make sense, my mod doesn't check for any versions of HIP and it works fine my my game...

Are you running the mod through the My Documents CKII mod folder or the steam CKII mod folder?

Added a new mod directory file. Don't think I can make it any more specific... (Uploaded Gaea 1.4.5d)

I ran the mod on my computer 5 times and it started fine all 5 times.

The new mod directory file reads:
name = "Gaea"
path = "mod/Gaea"
user_dir = "Historical Immersion Project"
dependencies = { "HIP - Historical Immersion Project" }

None of that requires my mod to verify release versions of anything, its just re-directing HIP to use the files within the folders inside my "Gaea" folder rather than the analogous files in the "Historical Immersion Project" folder. This is why I don't understand why people keep asking me about release versions of things.

But for those who are super curious, my version text file in my HIP mod reads:
[HIP Release 2019-03-29 (Furry3)]
EMF: Extended Mechanics & Flavor (v9.02 - 2019-03-29)
Arumba and Internal Tab Shortcuts (2019-03-04)
ARKO Interface (2019-03-08)
SWMH (v3.22 - 2019-03-28)
ARKO Armoiries (2019-03-08)
LTM (C - 2012-02-03)
CPRplus (v3.0.3 - 2019-03-27)

Last edited:
Yeah I'm not sure, probably a problem on my end. For some reason the game launches fine when I play on 3.1 instead of 3.0.1.1
Oh, could it be that simple? I'm also playing on 3.0.1.1 since I figured that was safest given the lack of an official HIP update for great works.

Edit: Yup, how strange. It also works fine for me on 3.1

I suppose I'll have to wait for furry4/ HIP's great works patch in order to use this.

Last edited:
Just out of curiosuity.. why isnt this map used instead of the old one that hasnt been updated in years?
I dont see why this one isn't put in with the main package at this point

Because SWMH is our mod and not Marinakis'. Do i really need to say it out loud?

We are providing you guys a service by being as open about submods as possible, we are not forced to give any submod our stamp of approval by including it in the main installer as an actual module.

And Marinakis has made some choices with his setup that contradicts too much with our original intented setup, for GAEA to ever be included. The main map module won't include oases for instance. Marinakis is welcome to have oases in his submod, but we won't give our stamp of approval to it. It is what it is.

Because SWMH is our mod and not Marinakis'. Do i really need to say it out loud?

We are providing you guys a service by being as open about submods as possible, we are not forced to give any submod our stamp of approval by including it in the main installer as an actual module.

And Marinakis has made some choices with his setup that contradicts too much with our original intended setup, for GAEA to ever be included. The main map module won't include oases for instance. Marinakis is welcome to have oases in his submod, but we won't give our stamp of approval to it. It is what it is.

I didn't want to get into it, but I also like the freedom of updating my map freely and at my sole discretion (with the added input from other people who enjoy my addon, of course). I just genuinely enjoy working on maps for some odd reason, I always have. If I was to attempt to have my mod included within the larger HIP mod (assuming they would ever even consider such a thing), I would, rightfully, have to consider the opinions of the group as a whole before making any substantive changes (The use of the various oasis provinces is, indeed, a prime example). Its a win-win as it is now.

theKing1988 is right though, it is, ultimately, up to him/the group as to whether or not people are permitted to use their work for submods, so that fact that he/they allow other people to use their extensive work for their submods is generous in and of itself.

Last edited:
@Marinakis A minor annoyance but I figured I'd let you know. The harvest baskets that appear over provinces when they gain the prosperous modifier seem to be placed randomly about the map (in sea tiles and such). Also there appears to be some stray pixels in the Balkans, connected somehow to Ragusa.

ck2_2.png ck2_1.png

And Marinakis has made some choices with his setup that contradicts too much with our original intented setup, for GAEA to ever be included. The main map module won't include oases for instance. Marinakis is welcome to have oases in his submod, but we won't give our stamp of approval to it. It is what it is.
This sounded unnecessarily rude.

This sounded unnecessarily rude.

And the post i responded to, didn't? I personally found it incredibly rude to both me and my fellow Devs, given what he is implying about our still continuing work on the mod

I tried phrasing the response as pedagogically as i could. I shouldn't have had to say it out loud, but apparently Darrow needed me to say it, otherwise he wouldn't have posted what he did

Last edited:

I'll quote my fellow Dev Ese

To paraphrase the former SWMH team member elvain, "even the Bedouin and Berber nomads who inhabited those parts of the deserts never just stayed in oasis spots; they moved around, and with the oasis wormholes you lose that portion of reality."

It's not exactly reflective of the actual reality of Desert life, to have it confined to tiny spots.

And of top of that, we consider the Oases setup to be a bit of an eye sore. We used to have Oases in SWMH 4 years or so, ago. And we weren't exactly happy with it