• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Is there still a strong enough following for my mod to even make it worth my time?

I haven't played in a while.

There definitely is. There is not a single CK2 mod out there which has borders that look so close to the great historical maps...except this mod.

I wish there was a compromise in which all of India and Inner Asia was included in as an optional submod.

I think it's more feasible now that autogenerating families is a thing now. And honestly I want to try out unifying India.

O have some inssues with Trading posts in sea, in a update we need a relocation

O have some issues with Trading posts in sea, in a update we need a relocation
I just re-installed everything, including HIP and Gaea, and I don't see anything immediately or obviously out of place. If you, or anyone else, has noticed something out of place, please post it here and I will attempt to address it by the end of the weekend.

If there are issues, please be specific - Please don't tell me there's a "trading posts in sea." Rather, please tell me the specific province and specific object (city, port, trading post, etc.) within that province were there is an issue.

Edit 1: I noticed some of the India provinces appear to either have been shuffled around or never addressed by myself - I am working on it now.

Edit 2: Finished Cleaning up India. If no one has anything additional to add, I can upload an updated version in the next day or two

20190404215754_1.jpg

20190404220344_1.jpg

Last edited:
I'd like to see the rest of Tibet and India with provinces. Tibet used to control the Bengal Delta, and I'd like to play as the Chola or Pala sometime. Or even Nestorian Kerala.

Anyone have any idea exactly what item number/name the below gold mines are listed as in the positions.txt file? I don't recognize these thing as being in Central Africa since when I played this game last, so I am unfamiliar with them.

As these, I think, are the last two things I need to move and update prior to a new release, any help would be greatly appreciated and speed up a new release. The gold mines appear to correspond to the ones centered in the Bambuk and Bure provinces (South-Central Africa) within the base HIP map.

20190405220831_1.jpg

Anyone have any idea exactly what item number/name the below gold mines are listed as in the positions.txt file? I don't recognize these thing as being in Central Africa since when I played this game last, so I am unfamiliar with them.

As these, I think, are the last two things I need to move and update prior to a new release, any help would be greatly appreciated and speed up a new release. The gold mines appear to correspond to the ones centered in the Bambuk and Bure provinces (South-Central Africa) within the base HIP map.

View attachment 469228

Just a guess, those might be related to gold_mine.txt in map/statics for dlc074.

1.4.5 was uploaded. Ill work on a new flatmap version later.

Edit: I sucked myself into map cleanup mode...

I am re-releasing 1.4.5 as 1.4.5b with some save compatible map tweaks to it. I cleaned up Iran to make it more geographically accurate and to ensure the dejure Iranian Empire more closely aligned with recent Iranian ones (per this game's timeline), like the Sassanid Empire.

20190406154917_1.jpg

Last edited:
Not entirely sure why but I'm crashing on startup during "creating immersive experiences" with this enabled. Is there anything in particular I need to do with the options for HIP installation or any information I could provide to help trouble shooting?

Working fine for me, where did you install it?

EDIT: Just in case the uploaded file was bad, I re-uploaded the file and added a new link. Still, the mod works fine on my system.

Last edited:
Working fine for me, where did you install it?

EDIT: Just in case the uploaded file was bad, I re-uploaded the file and added a new link. Still, the mod works fine on my system.

In the mod folder alongside the normal HIP install as always. No other submods activated. I don't think it's the upload, probably something on my end. I'll try to figure it out.