• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Marinakis

Major
57 Badges
May 26, 2009
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Rome Gold
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Rome: Vae Victis
Gaea 1.4.5d (Updated Map)

Terrain View
20190406160334_1.jpg

Empires
1.jpeg

Kingdoms
2.jpeg

DOWNLOAD LINKS
GAEA 1.4.5d
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mhomlp3ls1wfqkj/Gaea1.4.5d.rar?dl=0

Last edited:
  • 1Love
Reactions:
The colors are amazing mate. You have done a great job !!

Thanks, Aasmul approved of me releasing it as a submod, so I'll release it once I get it in a good place. I still have a lot of work to do on the positions and provinces files :p

Just keep in mind that the coastline in many places (like the Netherlands or west Jutland) has changed greatly since the medieval time as well as many huge artificial lakes were created during the 20th century (like you could see some on the Dnieper and Volga).

Just keep in mind that the coastline in many places (like the Netherlands or west Jutland) has changed greatly since the medieval time as well as many huge artificial lakes were created during the 20th century (like you could see some on the Dnieper and Volga).

I will be happy to update them to their medieval equivalent if you provide a map for reference to me. Otherwise, I will deal with that when I get around to looking up the material.

My map editing was mostly focused on satellite images from NASA as well as various NASA elevation maps (Due to the ease of conversion to game files as well as their accuracy). So, obviously, some of the modern dams, reservoirs and hydroelectric plants will alter the landscape.

So will this be a map texture mod like LTM or an equivalent to SWMH?

I'm not editing any of the individual map texture files (i.e. what the individual grasslands, mountains, steppe textures correspond to the Terrain.bmp file. So, if you use LTM, it will use the LTM files. Conversely, if you do not use LTM, it will not use the LTM files.

My map just looks different, in terms of terrain textures, because the coloring and lighting is different from what HIP currently uses (i.e. the Terrain.bmp file and colormap.dds file) which is a mixture of transference from satellite images as well as custom color editing by myself.

Last edited:
It looks brilliantly. However I already see one major flaw in the Low Countries, there was no Flevoland and other major Polders in medieval times. In fact the polders of Flevoland were started in 1940 and were finished in 1968.

It looks brilliantly. However I already see one major flaw in the Low Countries, there was no Flevoland and other major Polders in medieval times. In fact the polders of Flevoland were started in 1940 and were finished in 1968.

Please give me screen shots and I'll address it. I'm a Greco-Roman nerd, my knowledge of northern europe of this time is limited... so I have no idea what you are talking about :p

Rivers connecting to other rivers don't need the green starting point in rivers.bmp, otherwise they will not connect with the other river.

The Netherlands has the polder of Flevoland in your map, that polder only exists since 20th century.

After look up some if these dutch polders - Granted, the islands surrounding the coasts of the Netherlands have grown a bit, but from the maps I am finding, the overall landscape from the zoomed out perspective of CKII's map, wouldn't have been all that different. If you can provide a reliable map which accurately portrays the difference, I will happily update it. But, with respect to Flevoland, the maps I am seeing look more like the two islands were simply merged into one (i.e. a river/sea passage was blocked). If you zoom into my map, there is a thin line of water differentiating the polder(s) from the mainland.

Again, I could be wrong, but that is what I am finding based off my limited research.

20170501205949_1.jpg

Looks good!

What do the actual provinces look like?

I think it's so difficult know how was the coast of the Netherlands in XI century.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zuiderzee

There are a video on youtube that recreate this evolution:

PD: watch this on youtube, it's inhabilited in other webs.

Thank you for that, I will try to update it to something better.

I will probably compromise and go with the 1250 version, but well see. The 800 version seems so drastically different and none of the maps I have seen depict it like that.