• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well I am thinking of useing the nordic portraits and the Imperials/Hearlanders portraits and prehaps the Colovians portraits.

You can pretty much use any portraits except Reachmen Portraits (includes children portraits).
Post a link to my thread on the mod and slap my name on the side of the link (or just mention me in a sentance).

If you need any help with making new ones, DM me on discord.

Discord: a Frosty Soul ❄#0377

You can pretty much use any portraits except Reachmen Portraits (includes children portraits).
Post a link to my thread on the mod and slap my name on the side of the link (or just mention me in a sentance).

If you need any help with making new ones, DM me on discord.

Discord: a Frosty Soul ❄#0377
Thats very nice of you! Thanks very much.

Uploaded "Compatibility Checksum" patches which will allow people to play Elder Kings in multiplayer with people who have EKFP installed by giving them the correct checksum.

Edit: fixed checksum.

Last edited:
How would I go about reverting the changes made to Bretons by this submod? I love everything else, but I prefer vanilla Bretons (the eyebrows look a bit off to me). I tried just haphazardly deleting everything relating to Bretons in the files, but that left me with the terrifying result of Reachmen with no brows.

How would I go about reverting the changes made to Bretons by this submod? I love everything else, but I prefer vanilla Bretons (the eyebrows look a bit off to me). I tried just haphazardly deleting everything relating to Bretons in the files, but that left me with the terrifying result of Reachmen with no brows.
mod\EKFP\interface\portraits -> portraits_breton -> change GFX_breton_male_eyes and GFX_frankish_male_eyes2 to GFX_frankish_male_eyes GFX_frankish_male_eyes2 (and so on for others presets).

Just remove portraits_breton.gfx file from the interface folder inside my mod will do the trick

No need to go around the files removing all the traces of bretons.

Edit: in the next version of the mod I will move all children portraits to their appropriate portrait gfxes. (Breton children to portraits_breton.gfx, Nord Children to portraits_nord.gfx and ect.)

Ah, I'm having bit of an issue with the Elves, They're portraits show up as a blank transparent page, and when clicking or trying to edit them in the character creator- the Game Crashes.

Check if you have correct ck2 version:
3.3.0 - SVN
3.0.1.1 - Official

Make sure you don't have any other submods for Elder Kings ticked, run only the following:
Elder Kings (or Elder Kings Dev)
EKFP - Elven Portraits (No need for the main submod since this one is standalone)

In addition, which elven portraits bug out? Try looking at various elven rulers and see who are normal.

I've looked through the world and All the elves are Blank, Dunmer, Altmer, Chimer, and those Pesky sea elves, I'm only using the Official Version and Just the Elven Portraits- (Though using it with the main submod has the same results)
Every court that has an elf is now just blank portraits

wl46FA5.png

I've looked through the world and All the elves are Blank, Dunmer, Altmer, Chimer, and those Pesky sea elves, I'm only using the Official Version and Just the Elven Portraits- (Though using it with the main submod has the same results)
Every court that has an elf is now just blank portraits

wl46FA5.png
What the...
Alrighty, I am guessing everything is ok without my submods?

Yep, Was playing fine- But was hating everything about the portraits for the mod, So i went looking and found your submods- and Installed them- The main Submod works perfectly- It's just the elves that are doing this.

Edit: I have tried Reinstalling and such- No Luck unfortunately, So I'm not quite sure what the issue could be, Would you happen to know if anyone else is having such issues- Or have I been the first case?

I mean this doesn't hinder me in any way, I can just disable it and play without it, But I'd prefer to have it on hand- Your mods so far are wonderful

Last edited:
Actually, Looking a little closer- Orcs and The Sea Elves portraits appear when not directly clicked on- Once clicked though they disappear like the Bosmer, Dumner, Chimer and Altmer- (Also Do the mods require the Western and Eastern Clothing packs?)

Also shouldn't there be a GFX folder in the Elves submod folder? (Or I'm mistaking my poor knowledge of mod making)

Last edited:
Actually, Looking a little closer- Orcs and The Sea Elves portraits appear when not directly clicked on- Once clicked though they disappear like the Bosmer, Dumner, Chimer and Altmer- (Also Do the mods require the Western and Eastern Clothing packs?)

Also shouldn't there be a GFX folder in the Elves submod folder? (Or I'm mistaking my poor knowledge of mod making)
The way the Elves submod works is:
I take a copy of elven portrait gfxes and modify their headgear and clothing lines to use DLC assets
I don't need to create a gfx folder since there is nothing I am modify in terms of graphics. I am modifying which assets certain portraits.gfx uses.

I am not yet sure what is wrong. If you had missing DLCs elves would be just shown without clothes, but instead they just vanish.
First case of this happening.

edit: remind me what Elder Kings version you are using (Official or SVN)
edit 2: found what has been causing it, will post a patch/update soon.
edit 3: use the submod attached to this post instead of what you have right now. Your issue should be resolved. Sorry for the delay.

Attachments

• [Official] EKFP - Elves.zip
    12,3 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Oh thanks, Just to ask (and Sate my curiosity) What had been causing the error?
There are some differences between portrait gfxes in Official and SVN version.
In SVN version the majority (if not all) elves received their own exclusive backgrounds. Since in Official version they are not present and I am mostly making the mod for SVN first then patching it back to Official, the game could not find 2 textures (incase of portraits_dunmer.gfx it is background_dunmer and perhaps character_special_scepters)
Since they are not present it just places a blank transperent texture and in our case overwrittes every single other texture that we have on the portraits.

This is what I've understood about it. All I knew it was the missing background textures in Official version, but why the whole portrait was invisible and not just the background of the portrait? Requires more research.

These look great! Frosty i am so glad i saw this thread because I was looking to do something similar, only I had wanted to use the muslim HF portraits for Imperial Heartlanders. Is it possible for me to rearrange those portraits you used for redguard in that manner for my own game? How difficult/time consuming would it be for me to accomplish?

Is it possible for me to rearrange those portraits you used for redguard in that manner for my own game?
You can freely modify your mods to your hearts content as long as you don't release them de public. If you have an interesting idea, look me up on the Discord in pms (Elder Kings Discord Server)

How difficult/time consuming would it be for me to accomplish?
Depends on how much you want to edit. If you just want to make Imperials use Muslims faces (without default HF skin color) this shouldn't take you even 1 hour (so long as you don't distracted).

If I did not manage to answer your questions fully, lemme know.

It has come to my attention that some of the users have problems with Atmoran portraits headgear.

If you are one of those users, make sure to overwrite the files in your mod\EKFP\interface\portraits with the following 2 files inside of this zip (which I will post bellow the thread)

Found any other bugs? Lemme know on Discord or on this submod thread.

Attachments

• Atmoran Fix.zip
    2,3 KB · Views: 23