• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

a Frosty Soul

the Balto-Slav
9 Badges
Mar 15, 2016
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Magicka 2
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
Elder Kings Frosty Portraits (EKFP)
Current Versions:

SVN - 1.9, Official - 1.9, Elves - 1.0
Small Disclaimer:
I am not really good at writing amazing essays or giving outstanding descriptions of things so the stuff below will be as a placeholder for now.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Description
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've grown bored of vanilla DLC portraits, then this submod should be perfect for you!

Before you download it I advise you to read everything on this thread.

Right now the mod changes the following culture portraits:

• Atmorans (Skaal included)
  • Nords
  • Bretons
  • Reachmen
  • Colovians
  • Imperials/Heartlanders
  • Nibenese
  • Redguards

Since 22/11/2019, Elven Portraits were added as a standalone submod to EKFP. So far it only modifies the headgear and clothing of elves to use DLC assets.

EKFP Elves changes the following cultures:

• Ayleid
  • Bosmer
  • Altmer
  • Falmer
  • Maomer
  • Orsimer
  • Chimer
  • Dunmer
  • Ashlander

All of the portraits that are present in the mod were made from DLC assets (the ones mentioned bellow) + a few leftovers that I found in Elder Kings mod and was given permission to use by the Devs. In addition to this, reachmen child portraits use assets from Saffrons orcish children portraits, so a big thanks to his generosity.

Requirements

The following DLCs are required to work properly for:

EKFP Official/SVN

• Holy Fury
  • Monks & Mystics
  • Iberian/Southern Portraits
  • Russian/Easternslavic Portraits
  • Norse Portraits
  • Greek/Byzantine Portraits
  • Conclave Content Pack
  • Reapers Due Content Pack
EKFP - Elves
  • Holy Fury
  • Jade Dragon
  • Celtic Portraits
  • Persian Portraits
  • Turkish Portraits
Also there are 2 different portrait sets for Imperials, 2 for Atmorans and 3 for Bretons.

You will need to go to mod\EKFP\interface\portraits
and delete ONLY ONE of the following files:

• portraits_imperial.gfx (Southslavic-looking Imperials)
  • portraits_imperial2.gfx (Roman/Italian-looking Imperials)

• portraits_atmoran.gfx (Celtic-Eyed-looking Atmorans)
  • portraits_atmoran2.gfx (Nord-looking Atmorans)

• portraits_breton.gfx (German-Eyed-looking French)
  • portraits_breton2.gfx (Normal-looking French with edited clothes)
  • portraits_breton3.gfx (Default DLC French)
Changelog
EKFP v1.1 "First Update"

• Fixed Skaal culture not having proper portraits
  • Fixed small overlap in Nord Headgear
  • New Portraits for Colovians
  • New Building Icon/Interface for Atmorans, Skaal, Nords, Reachmen and Nibenese
EKFP v1.2 "Nord Revamp Update"
  • Changed Nordic Facial Structure, Hairstyles, Beardstyles, Headgear and Clothes.
  • New hair and eye colors that all nedic portraits share (will change tints in the next update)

Nords.png

EKFP v1.2.1 "Atmoran-Nord Patch"

• Added 2 variants for both Nords and Atmoran females
  • Fixed Female Nord Hair
  • Atmorans use Nordic faces instead of pure English ones
EKFP v1.3 "Cyrodiil Update"
  • Added Colovian portrait set
  • Upgraded Imperial/Heartlander portraits
  • Changed Nibenese portraits
  • Removed "2 versions" of Nibenese portraits
  • Added 2 versions of Nordic AND Atmoran portraits (same instructions as Nibenese once had)

Cyrodiil.png

1st row - Colovians
2nd row - Imperials/Hearlanders
3rd row - Nibenese

EKFP v1.3.1 "NON-SVN Fix Update"

• Resolved the issue with the portraits not displaying in the 1.3 NON-SVN version by changing the path in the EKFP.mod file
EKFP v1.4 "Small Reach-Imperial Update"

• Modified hair and beards of Reachmen
  • Added optional portraits for Heartlanders
EKFP v1.5 "Redguard Update" (currently only SVN)
  • Added portraits for Redguard cultures
  • Temporarily removed Elven portraits for tweaking
EKFP v1.6 "Alik'r Update"
  • Changed portraits for Redguards
Redguard Preview.png

EKFP v1.6.1 "Yokudan Patch"
  • Resolved issues with Redguard portraits in the Official version of the mod
EKFP - Elves v1.0 "The Mer Upload"

• Added Elven clothing portraits
EKFP v1.7 - "High King Update"

• Added new Atmoran and Breton portraits
  • Changed Reachmen portrait faces to resemble New Breton ones more
Nedic Preview.png

1st row - Atmorans
2nd row - Reachmen
3rd row - Bretons

EKFP v1.7.1 - "Desert-Multiplayer Patch"

• Changed redguard child portraits to east african (ethiopian) ones
AND

Added "EKFP Checksum-Only"
compatibility patches for both Official and SVN

Use this version if your friends uses the main submod of EKFP and you don't have all the DLCs assets required to play it or if you don't want to use the submod.
EKFP v1.8 - "Old Homeland Patch"

• Fixed redguard children portraits
  • Slightly modified female atmoran faces
  • Added atmoran child portraits
  • Added atmoran headgear sets
EKFP v1.9 - "North Nedic Diversity Update"
  • Gave bretons 3 options for their portraits (more info above)
  • Allowed atmorans to look like nords if desired (+1 optionality)
  • Changed hairstyles and beard styles of nords, which affects our good old invaders of Falmeris (Nords & Atmorans)
AND

EKFP Checksum-Only - "Multiplayer-Monday Update"
  • Fixed the problem of having different checksum from the main submod

EKFP Elves - Official Elves Patch
  • Fixed the portraits not showing up on Official EK

Plans

• Add different portraits sets for Forebears, Crowns and Yokudans
  • Add unique portraits for humans outside of mainland Tamriel
  • More to be determined...
If you want to give me feedback on the mod and get a fast response, Discord is your answer. Write a message to me in PMs or tag me on the Elder Kings discord
preferably in #fan-creation-club

Here is my username:

a Frosty Soul ❄#0377

Attachments

• [Official] EKFP - Elves.zip
    12,3 KB · Views: 154
  • [SVN] EKFP - Elves.zip
    12,4 KB · Views: 423
  • [SVN] EKFP v1.9.zip
    9,5 MB · Views: 51
  • [Official] EKFP v1.9.zip
    9,5 MB · Views: 18
  • [SVN] Checksum-Only.zip
    6,5 KB · Views: 8
  • [Official] Checksum-Only.zip
    6 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
  • 1Love
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Found a small mistake you wrote atmoranfx instead of atmorangfx as the Skaal Graphical culture so they aren't getting the proper portraits.

Anyway really nice work with the portraits they look great :D

Found a small mistake you wrote atmoranfx instead of atmorangfx as the Skaal Graphical culture so they aren't getting the proper portraits.

Anyway really nice work with the portraits they look great :D

Never bothered to look at the Skaal when was testing it out by myself. Once I am finished with the Colovian portraits, I'll patch Skaal culture.

Took me some time to make these portraits. Hardest part was thinking up which DLC assets to combine AND how to make the submod rely on the least amount of DLCs possible.

Holy Fucking Shit this is Amazing, Will you do other Portraits, or just the Nedic ones? because I think you could do WONDERS for the Elven Races

I plan to do Redguards, Quey and Akaviri. Also I plan to make some elven clothes as well, but will think over about changing their appearances, I need Saffrons permission to do that and some ideas as well.

I will try sticking to the plan I posted earlier: revamping colovians, the nibenese and reachmen before doing anything with elves.

I plan to do Redguards, Quey and Akaviri. Also I plan to make some elven clothes as well, but will think over about changing their appearances, I need Saffrons permission to do that and some ideas as well.

I will try sticking to the plan I posted earlier: revamping colovians, the nibenese and reachmen before doing anything with elves.
Good to know, I hope you Finish this, also I encountered some bugs with the female portraits, the Female Nord portrait has their hair graphically glitched and the hats that show spaced between the head and hat some of them have no hair which looks really jaring

Yeah, pretty cool.

Good to know, I hope you Finish this, also I encountered some bugs with the female portraits, the Female Nord portrait has their hair graphically glitched and the hats that show spaced between the head and hat some of them have no hair which looks really jaring

Do tell if the problem remains in 1.2.1 patch.

I installed it and extracted it into my mods folder but and deleted that extra file, but the portraits don't show up in-game. am I doing this wrong?

1) Which .rar file did you download and what Elder Kings mod version you are using? (if SVN, tell me revision also)
2) Did you delete one of the portraits_nords.gfx or something else?
3) By "don't show up in-game" you meant not a single portrait has changed or some cultures have missing portraits?

1) Which .rar file did you download and what Elder Kings mod version you are using? (if SVN, tell me revision also)
2) Did you delete one of the portraits_nords.gfx or something else?
3) By "don't show up in-game" you meant not a single portrait has changed or some cultures have missing portraits?
Thanks for the reply man, and sorry for not being clear.
I downloaded the non SVN because I downloaded the EK Version: 0.2.3.5. from this link https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/release-elder-kings-0-2-3.1157103/. Then I used Winrar and extracted it and placed it in the mods file. I then deleted the portraits_nords1. Gfxgfx and started the game. None of the portraits showed up. I then downloaded the patch and made sure to remove the portraits_nords1.gfx out of that one too. Started the game and still, none of you amazing portraits showed up. I don't know if I missed an extra step.

Thanks for the reply man, and sorry for not being clear.
I downloaded the non SVN because I downloaded the EK Version: 0.2.3.5. from this link https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/release-elder-kings-0-2-3.1157103/. Then I used Winrar and extracted it and placed it in the mods file. I then deleted the portraits_nords1. Gfxgfx and started the game. None of the portraits showed up. I then downloaded the patch and made sure to remove the portraits_nords1.gfx out of that one too. Started the game and still, none of you amazing portraits showed up. I don't know if I missed an extra step.

You did everything correctly on your part.
The problem was with the NON-SVN mod itself. I'll attach a fix on this thread. The issue was that I have put the wrong overwrite path inside the EKFP.mod file, so the mod overwrites Elder Kings SVN but not regular Elder Kings.

Attachments

• EKFP .mod fix.rar
    158 bytes · Views: 61
You did everything correctly on your part.
The problem was with the NON-SVN mod itself. I'll attach a fix on this thread. The issue was that I have put the wrong overwrite path inside the EKFP.mod file, so the mod overwrites Elder Kings SVN but not regular Elder Kings.
The fix worked. Thank you for the help dude, you're awesome!

So is the mod BLG compatible yet? cuz I really want to use this mod, but I also want my elves to have clothing that isn't from vanilla

Sadly, not yet. I am currently dealing with some problems in life and will get back to this submod in around the 2nd week of October. I will make some clothing for elves out of DLC assets once I am back at working on this submod, unless I come up with something more interesting for the Nibenese or Imperials, then I'll do that first before modifying Elves.

EKFP submod is not abandoned, just on halt for updates for the time being.

Sidenote: If you like quick responses, best to message me on Discord. You can find me amoungst the Lore Keepers on the Elder Kings Discord.