• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Occlus

Sergeant
45 Badges
Mar 11, 2018
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
Version 1.1 Update
New Features:

- New event chain to recover Malacath's artifacts
- New Aldmer race and culture
- Return orcs to old form
- New Artifacts
- Playable Trinimac heresy
- New Trinimac Holy Order
- Unique county/duchy names for Falmer characters
- Falmer infestations can be peacefully dealt with

Bug fixes/Tweaks:
- Rebalanced the artifact upgrade system
- Reduced cost for some decisions
- Increased time for big events to trigger
- Increased requirements to restore the Falmer
- Fixed various minor/major localisation issues
- Fixed crashes for final event, if you don't have Holy Fury
- Falmer infestations don't appear after Falmer are restored

Overview:
In this mod, you play as Knight-Paladin Gelebor of the Chantry of Auri-El. You and your brother Vyrthur are the only remaining true Snow Elves left on Tamriel... as far as you know. Therefore it is up to you and Vyrthur to restore your people and return them to being the dominant race in Skyrim. Vyrthur however, has gone deep into the chantry and corrupted by the Betrayed - the Falmer - so you must help him come to his senses so that he can aid you in the journey to come.

Or you can play as your own custom character!

The mod, as it stands, is a complete expansion of the Falmer culture and race in the Elder Kings mod.

Features:
- 140+ New events for Falmer characters
- A new artifact upgrade system in intrigue decisions
- New unique artifacts that can be found
- Can save falmer and restore their appearance!
- New bloodline to bear the Snow Prince's legacy
- Ancient Falmer Scrolls can be found in ruins to help improve artifacts
- Restore the Chantry of Auri-El to its former glory
- Restore Malacath to godhood as Trinimac
- Unique cultural retinues
- If you have the immortal trait, you can send offerings to increase fertility
- Can return the Orcs to their Aldmer appearance
- Playable Trinimac religion/heresy
- New Trinimac Holy Order
- Falmer infestations can be peacefully dealt with

Future Features:
- A new society for archaeology
- Replace Malacath off-map power with Trinimac

How to get SVN version of EK:
To download the SVN you need to first install a program called TortoiseSVN. You then have to right click on any folder in your computer and enter the link seen on the forum. The password and username are also on the forum post. Make sure that a the folder containing the mod's actual content is in your Documents/Paradox Interactive/mod folder and a .mod file to go along with it.

This is a pretty big update, so if there are any bugs (it is very likely that there are) then please post in the discussions section and I will try to help as best as I can.

SVN LINK: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/svn-public-access-not-for-bug-reports.880521/

MANUAL DL LINK: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/11NpVHLVye0Xom-OdD7jJlJFgzuwD71WG?usp=sharing

WORKSHOP LINK: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1721621575

Last edited:
So is the save the Falmer decision supposed to require a fort building that only exists in castles? Not at home so can't check the name, but the Falmer reforming one that the decision asks for.

Otherwise, having fun with the mod as I slowly conquer and convert Skyrim to Falmer (still got like 45% of Skyrim to go, and then need to take Moesring), it's nice being able to change history so drastically.

Oh and now that I remember, is there any way to get more of the Falmer schematics? I could only get the one from the event when you explore the Chantry early on, but it seems like you should be able to find more considering just how many artifacts can be reforged with the schematics.

So is the save the Falmer decision supposed to require a fort building that only exists in castles? Not at home so can't check the name, but the Falmer reforming one that the decision asks for.

Otherwise, having fun with the mod as I slowly conquer and convert Skyrim to Falmer (still got like 45% of Skyrim to go, and then need to take Moesring), it's nice being able to change history so drastically.

Oh and now that I remember, is there any way to get more of the Falmer schematics? I could only get the one from the event when you explore the Chantry early on, but it seems like you should be able to find more considering just how many artifacts can be reforged with the schematics.

The decision requires a Rehabilitation Centre in any demesne castle and if you do the dwemer exploration events then there is a chance to gain some Ancient Falmer Schematics. Those events cost 250 gold to trigger and require you or one of your vassals to own one of ten provinces:
- Harmugstahl
- Markarth
- Alftand
- Morgate
- Arcwind
- Bleakwall
- Hraggstad
- Dunstad
- Shearpoint
- Darklight

It isn't guaranteed but it is pretty likely to get some schematics there.

The decision requires a Rehabilitation Centre in any demesne castle

Are you sure? When I hover over the decision requirements it tells me I need a Rehabilitation Center in any fort building, which I thought odd because the mod doesn't touch forts at all. I already built a Rehabilitation Center in my starting province and that didn't suffice as far as the decision is concerned.

Oh and side note, my vassals holding a dwemer province seems to block the decision from appearing. I gave Morgate to a vassal and could no longer activate the decision.

Are you sure? When I hover over the decision requirements it tells me I need a Rehabilitation Center in any fort building, which I thought odd because the mod doesn't touch forts at all. I already built a Rehabilitation Center in my starting province and that didn't suffice as far as the decision is concerned.

Oh and side note, my vassals holding a dwemer province seems to block the decision from appearing. I gave Morgate to a vassal and could no longer activate the decision.
Ok my bad, that morgate thing was a mistake on my end. I've updated it and the issue was just with morgate, should be fixed now. As for the rehab centres, I believe it is required to have one in ALL demesne provinces.

As for the rehab centres, I believe it is required to have one in ALL demesne provinces.

Doesn't seem to be the case from what the code says "any_demesne_province = { fort_has_building = ca_falmer_rehab_0}"

That there "fort_has_building" definitely doesn't seem to be right. Not that I can actually use the decision without first doing the Trinimac quest first, but I've run into a big problem while playing. Namely that the game crashes whenever I finish fully upgrading the Chantry to its original glory. Game just flatlines right after a week and I get a CTD. Kinda sucks to get this now since I had just finished cleansing Skyrim, and I have no idea why this crash happens when the Chantry is finished. Is an event supposed to pop up that wasn't coded properly?

Code:
any_demesne_province = { fort_has_building = ca_falmer_rehab_0}
should be something like
Code:
any_demesne_province = { any_province_holding = { has_building = ca_falmer_rehab_0 } }

You are scoping to a province and asking it to check if a fort has a castle building. What you want to do is scope to holdings in the province and check them for your building.

Code:
any_demesne_province = { fort_has_building = ca_falmer_rehab_0}
should be something like
Code:
any_demesne_province = { any_province_holding = { has_building = ca_falmer_rehab_0 } }

You are scoping to a province and asking it to check if a fort has a castle building. What you want to do is scope to holdings in the province and check them for your building.
Oops, I forgot to upload the update to the manual download, I updated it on the workshop. I saw that issue and have just made it so you only need a rehab centre in your capital.

the game crashes whenever I finish fully upgrading the Chantry to its original glory. Game just flatlines right after a week and I get a CTD. Kinda sucks to get this now since I had just finished cleansing Skyrim, and I have no idea why this crash happens when the Chantry is finished. Is an event supposed to pop up that wasn't coded properly?

Hmm, I haven't noticed that issue before... the event is coded properly and it works for me. Just to clarify, you are talking about the event that fires when completing the 'Shrine of the Inner Sanctum'? Also I reccomend using the workshop version as I am more active there and bugs are likely to be dealt with quicker.

Hmm, I haven't noticed that issue before... the event is coded properly and it works for me. Just to clarify, you are talking about the event that fires when completing the 'Shrine of the Inner Sanctum'? Also I reccomend using the workshop version as I am more active there and bugs are likely to be dealt with quicker.

Yes I am talking about when you complete the "Shrine of the Inner Sanctum", crashes a week after the building finally finishes being built. I'll try the workshop version and see if it helps.

Alright so I went and used the workshop version, and I still crashed when the Chantry was finished, so I decided to try seeing if personally holding b_wayshrines would help (I had given it to my brother since I mean it is his after all), and that helped! Sadly it only helped enough to get event falmer.47 to actually fire, if I pick any of the 3 options the game chrashes anyway.

Any idea what might be killing the game? The third option, where you skip the feast and hunting, should have worked at the very least because the only thing it does is give you the global flag "chantry_fully_restored". Unless the actual cause of the crash is that event falmer.64 tries to trigger, I have no idea what's wrong.

Alright so I went and used the workshop version, and I still crashed when the Chantry was finished, so I decided to try seeing if personally holding b_wayshrines would help (I had given it to my brother since I mean it is his after all), and that helped! Sadly it only helped enough to get event falmer.47 to actually fire, if I pick any of the 3 options the game chrashes anyway.

Any idea what might be killing the game? The third option, where you skip the feast and hunting, should have worked at the very least because the only thing it does is give you the global flag "chantry_fully_restored". Unless the actual cause of the crash is that event falmer.64 tries to trigger, I have no idea what's wrong.
Just updated the workshop version, I think the issue was because Vyrthur was also receiving the event, and also I forgot to change the mean time to happen back to 2 years, instead of one day. Make sure you own the b_wayshrines personally and the event should work fine.

Well the newest update to the workshop helped, I finally could pass the events for the Chantry restoration and go on to the Trinimac Trials, but I found another issue there. Luckily this time I know exactly what went wrong:

#Option 3 part 2
long_character_event = {
id = falmer.78
desc = EVTDESC_falmer_73
border = GFX_event_long_frame_religion
picture = GFX_evt_temple_falmer
is_triggered_only = yes

option = {
name = EVTOPTA_falmer_76
hidden_tooltip = {
set_variable = {which = choice_3 value = 4}
long_character_event = { id = falmer.75 }
}
}
option = {
name = EVTOPTB_falmer_76
hidden_tooltip = {
set_variable = {which = choice_3 value = 5}
long_character_event = { id = falmer.75 }
}
}
option = {
#Next page
name = EVTOPTD_falmer_76
hidden_tooltip = {
long_character_event = { id = falmer.73 }
}
}
}

As you can see, the 2nd page of the 3rd number you have to input gives you event falmer.75 which means that if you try to input the correct code (3,5,4,2) you'll automatically fail it forever because the mod will never allow you to input the 4th number. All that's needed to fix this is to change the falmer.75 here to falmer.74 and it should be good to go.

I really love this mod even if it can be buggy, keep up the great work man!

As you can see, the 2nd page of the 3rd number you have to input gives you event falmer.75 which means that if you try to input the correct code (3,5,4,2) you'll automatically fail it forever because the mod will never allow you to input the 4th number. All that's needed to fix this is to change the falmer.75 here to falmer.74 and it should be good to go.

Ah thanks for pointing that out, thought I'd already fixed that... guess I missed a bit o_O

Ah thanks for pointing that out, thought I'd already fixed that... guess I missed a bit o_O

Almost at the finish line, now event falmer.82 keeps repeating multiple times. Since everytime I finish restoring Trinimac in event falmer.83, event falmer.82 hits me again and I'm stuck in an eternal loop of Trinimac restoration.

I'll take a guess and assume its that event falmer.83 isn't removing the flags that let falmer.82 fire so it hits me again even though it shouldn't.

Almost at the finish line, now event falmer.82 keeps repeating multiple times. Since everytime I finish restoring Trinimac in event falmer.83, event falmer.82 hits me again and I'm stuck in an eternal loop of Trinimac restoration.

I'll take a guess and assume its that event falmer.83 isn't removing the flags that let falmer.82 fire so it hits me again even though it shouldn't.
I have updated again on the workshop, please let me know if it is fixed.