• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I don't think there'd be any issues with MiniSWMH and this. Unfortunately though, the submod is outdated.

@myrt Any update in sight, mate? :)

Seeing Myrt are not on the forum since Jan 18, 2020. So I post a comment on the steam page in hope he will know the HIP has been updated.

The following are Myrt's reply:

"I'm done with modding, so I'll let someone else update it. AFAIK only 00_scripted_triggers.txt and possibly static_modifiers.txt need to be updated"

Seeing Myrt are not on the forum since Jan 18, 2020. So I post a comment on the steam page in hope he will know the HIP has been updated.

The following are Myrt's reply:

"I'm done with modding, so I'll let someone else update it. AFAIK only 00_scripted_triggers.txt and possibly static_modifiers.txt need to be updated"

In that case, I might look into updating it.

My favorite submod, please someone pick it up and keep updating it. And why does Denmark does not have any trade posts in his de-jure land? Isn't Jutland and Zealand important duchies. Two routes end in Denmark but they don't can't build trade posts in any de-jure land. Seems a bit strange.

Well, that's a relief. I think you're the best person to do this.

That's very flattering!

I'm actually done updating this. I'm just looking through for errors (also to better understand the changes) and running a few playtests before uploading.

Update is ready. I hope I won't be lynched for integrating some of my own changes...

CHANGELOG:
- Updated for Frosty2.
- Fixed some minor typos/errors.
- New trade posts for Denmark (Western Scania), Ireland (Waterford), and the Netherlands (Hamaland/Gelderland).
- Increased distance cost penalty for trade posts (still half of EMF's).
- Merchant republics situated in the Baltic and by the North Sea (including the English Channel, Irish Channel, Bay of Biscay, North Atlantic, and White Sea) have significant penalties to tax income and levy size, for a better balance and more historical accuracy.

Attachments

• Expanded Trade HIP20-03-20.zip
    3,3 MB · Views: 117
Last edited:
Update is ready. I hope I won't be lynched for integrated some of my own changes...

CHANGELOG:
- Updated for Frosty2.
- New trade posts for Denmark (Western Scania), Ireland (Waterford), and the Netherlands (Hamaland/Gelderland).
- Merchant republics situated in the Baltic and by the North Sea (including the English Channel, Irish Channel, Bay of Biscay, North Atlantic, and White Sea) have significant penalties to tax income and levy size, for a better balance and more historical accuracy.

Thanks for updating this as well. I was thinking to use it. Do you think it'll have a great impact on game balance etc? Also how compatible with your mods and other big ones, like Dark Ages, for example, you think it'll be?

Thanks for updating this as well. I was thinking to use it. Do you think it'll have a great impact on game balance etc? Also how compatible with your mods and other big ones, like Dark Ages, for example, you think it'll be?

It doesn't have a huge impact on balance (not like Call to Arms for example), though it does nerf the MR earnings, which is just good to combat crazy monetary inflation.

Earnings for province owners of trade posts get minor boons, think in the level of 5-10% of their income depending on their size of course.

I don't know what Dark Ages does, but if it touches anything with the Silk Road or trade in general it's likely incompatible.

It doesn't have a huge impact on balance (not like Call to Arms for example), though it does nerf the MR earnings, which is just good to combat crazy monetary inflation.

Earnings for province owners of trade posts get minor boons, think in the level of 5-10% of their income depending on their size of course.

I don't know what Dark Ages does, but if it touches anything with the Silk Road or trade in general it's likely incompatible.

I'll give a go then. Thank you ;)

Update is ready. I hope I won't be lynched for integrated some of my own changes...

CHANGELOG:
- Updated for Frosty2.
Oh hey, I actually logged on for the first time in months today in order to update this, but you beat me to it. I don't mind the changes, and if you want to take over the mod, be my guest. No pressure, though. Then, you'll be free to make as many changes as you want to it, too. If you do, I can walk you through the files

Oh hey, I actually logged on for the first time in months today in order to update this, but you beat me to it. I don't mind the changes, and if you want to take over the mod, be my guest. No pressure, though. Then, you'll be free to make as many changes as you want to it, too. If you do, I can walk you through the files

I find that I don't want to play without it, so I'd keep it updated just for my own sake as well. Might as well keep it patched up - hopefully won't be too hard of a strain on me when the HIP updates land...

Add me on Steam (https://steamcommunity.com/id/EkErilaz/) or Discord (EkErilaz#7299) if you like, and we can talk about it at some point.

@Erilaz
Would you mind checking if the trade route event during business focus has an error? It fires twice near the end:
20200322201240_1.jpg

Otherwise I'll report it to vanilla HIP :)

Thanks!
Kind regards
XSamatan

@Erilaz
Would you mind checking if the trade route event during business focus has an error? It fires twice near the end:
View attachment 558152

Otherwise I'll report it to vanilla HIP :)

Thanks!
Kind regards
XSamatan
Hmhmm... I'll check!

What other mods/submods are you using?

EDIT: I'm not using the relevant file (wol_business_events.txt) in any of my submods.

Last edited:
That happens occasionally, never figured out why. I recommend removing the 3D trade post models, it's not like those Eastern markets fit Europe well anyway

That happens occasionally, never figured out why. I recommend removing the 3D trade post models, it's not like those Eastern markets fit Europe well anyway

Where is the trade post 3d file located btw? I can't find it.