• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Speaking of Sicily, I'm not 100% sure what to do with a trade post there. I think the laziest (yet safest) thing for me to do is place a lone trade post trigger in Palermo, meaning it won't actually be connected to any trade route, but you can still build a trade post there, even as a feudal ruler. That way, you can consider the trade post an extension of the port, 'cause I really wish ports had their own mini-holdings a la forts and hospitals.

I'm doing a similar approach with Sardinia, though lone trade post triggers will be there specifically to represent mining. Trade posts there are already owned by Pisa in 1018 (though the trade post in Arborea is mysteriously gone in 1204?), and this is where the new HF-buildings and events will come into play. Historically, Aragon conquered Sardinia in the 1300s for the island's minerals (IIRC), so it's important for them to be able to own a trade post there so they can actually benefit from the mines.
What about Syracuse?

I think the laziest (yet safest) thing for me to do is place a lone trade post trigger in Palermo, meaning it won't actually be connected to any trade route, but you can still build a trade post there, even as a feudal ruler.
Does this work ? IIRC I had some issue with such solution, either the trade post icon didn't appear on map or the trade post was not buildable at all.

Last edited:
Does this work ? IIRC I had some issue with such solution, either the trade post icon didn't appear on map or the trade post was not buildable at all.
I literally just made a 1-province trade route to avoid issues, and to give the post a name. I should have been more clear, maybe.

I literally just made a 1-province trade route to avoid issues, and to give the post a name. I should have been more clear, maybe.
ok, it was what i expected. Glad such turnaround actually works.

Bretty big update
STEAM VER. WILL BE UPDATED WHEN HIP IS UPDATED FOR 3.0

Update:
- Added compatibility with HIP Furry1 for 3.0 (worked on the mod while beta testing this weekend), hopefully stills work with 2.8
- Made trade posts cheaper, now matching vanilla/HIP price of ~45 gold
- Moved around some trade post building variables
- Touched up on some routes; the Varangian-Greek route is cleaner around Turov, fixed one directional issue along the Trans-Saharan
- Added more stretches to the French route, including cities like Limoges, Clermont, Rennes, Nantes, Vannes, etc.
- Added trade post potentials to single counties with important ports, namely Lisboa, Naples, Syracuse, Dublin, Hordaland
- Baked in the gold vein and salt mine buildings, also allowing salt mines to be built in Lüneberg in the Old Salt Route
- Made a Silver mine (copy of gold vein) building for certain counties in the Balkan route and the Sardinian mine, will add more

More to come. I haven't done much testing, bear that in mind. Trade route values are very finicky things to calculate because they change every time I make a change to the route, and so it hasn't been an efficient process to balance the routes before they were finished, but now they mostly are, so that's what I'm gonna do next. I've been hesitant to make the trade posts more valuable, but I'm gonna cool the austerity and see how things go.

I'll also try to generalize the silk road/trans-Saharan trade route events so that they can be applied to the other routes. I'm busy, so that could take a little while, though.

Last edited:
STEAM VER. WILL BE UPDATED WHEN HIP IS UPDATED FOR 3.0

Update:
- Added compatibility with HIP Furry1 for 3.0 (worked on the mod while beta testing this weekend)
- Made trade posts cheaper, now matching vanilla/HIP price of ~45 gold
- Moved around some trade post building variables
- Touched up on some routes; the Varangian-Greek route is cleaner around Turov, fixed one directional issue along the Trans-Saharan
- Added more stretches to the French route, including cities like Limoges, Clermont, Rennes, Nantes, Vannes, etc.
- Added trade post potentials to single counties with important ports, namely Lisboa, Naples, Syracuse, Dublin, Hordaland
- Baked in the gold vein and salt mine buildings, also allowing salt mines to be built in Lüneberg in the Old Salt Route
- Made a Silver mine (copy of gold vein) building for certain counties in the Balkan route and the Sardinian mine, will add more

More to come. I haven't done much testing, bear that in mind. Trade route values are very finicky things to calculate because they change every time I make a change to the route, and so it hasn't been an efficient process to balance the routes before they were finished, but now they mostly are, so that's what I'm gonna do next. I've been hesitant to make the trade posts more valuable, but I'm gonna cool the austerity and see how things go.

I'll also try to generalize the silk road/trans-Saharan trade route events so that they can be applied to the other routes. I'm busy, so that could take a little while, though.
I don't think Trade Routes should be very strong in Europe.

Localisation for the Atlantic Route seems off. It appears as Atlantic_trading.

gPFKiWF.jpg

I don't think Trade Routes should be very strong in Europe.
They need to be profitable, or there's no reason to even build a trade post, and the AI will always do it. And trade has always been an important source of revenue, even for nomads.

Silk Road is still significantly better than any other route, and you need to look beyond the base values to realize that.

Last edited:
- Fixed the name of the Atlantic route
- Further improved compatibility with HIP version Furry1
Change I forgot to mention
- Added Konya to the Silk Route

People who are still playing on 2.8, please tell me if you see any issues. Other feedback is appreciated

Last edited:
- Fixed the name of the Atlantic route
- Further improved compatibility with HIP version Furry1
Change I forgot to mention
- Added Konya to the Silk Route

People who are still playing on 2.8, please tell me if you see any issues. Other feedback is appreciated
Playing on 2.8 here, for some reason with the latest version nobody can't appoint a court chaplain, the candidate list comes up empty, but i guess if the issue it's exclusive to the old version it's not worth fixing.

I am playing with HIP Furry2 and this mod from Steam Workshop, and I cannot build a Trade Post in Shrewsburry (English Roads). It has the circle showing it as an eligible spot for a Trade Post when viewing the Trade View map. I own the county and have plenty of gold, and am at 2/4 Trade Post Limit. Has anyone else had an issue with that particular county?