• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
There also appears to be a localization problem too, as it's called the Holy Roman Empire instead of Heiliges Römisches Reich, and same with the byzantine empire it's not called the Basileía Rhōmaíōn. And there is the same problem with cultures aswell, like graikos is just greek and rususku is just russian and so on. Also I don't think the ecumenical patriarch has the right flag as well. I don't remember it being like this a couple months back, but I thought I would let you know about these issues.

I fixed most of the localization issues, not sure if the problem is occurring with anyone else, but if someone needs them here they are.

Attachments

• A_DuchiesKingdomsandEmpires_de_jure.csv
    170,3 KB · Views: 0
  • A_Cultures.csv
    5,4 KB · Views: 0
Reactions:
I hope this helps. I did my best to make the 867 start as accurate as possible. I haven't touched anything east of Persia, however. I also did some tinkering with the opening start date as well, though not as much as the former. The localization for the cultures and kingdoms is also present. I hope this helps and I really enjoy your mod. Thanks.

Attachments

• 867.zip
    82,4 MB · Views: 0
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Been using your expanded map for a while. Just saw weird occurence here. Port in Chilia is apparently inland.
Very minor thing so don't go out of your way to solve it but at least you know ;)

Edit : @mechl Saw a wrong fleet placement, fleet seems to go out somewhere in middle of Kiev while it's actually going to Alexandrou

Attachments

• 20200714193028_1.jpg
    20200714193028_1.jpg
    548,3 KB · Views: 0
  • capture(9).png
    capture(9).png
    3,1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Been using your expanded map for a while. Just saw weird occurence here. Port in Chilia is apparently inland.
Very minor thing so don't go out of your way to solve it but at least you know ;)

Edit : @mechl Saw a wrong fleet placement, fleet seems to go out somewhere in middle of Kiev while it's actually going to Alexandrou

Fixed them up and informed Antioch that their harbor isn't in Siberia.

Anyway began working on a final large update prior to CK3 (though I'm sure CK2 will still be more fun till CK3 gets some DLC's or an initial version of HIP after the initial release excitement wears out) that also adds in a large amount of @Warials map from'Comprehensive Annals of Five Dynasties' that he has given me permission to add. For China I've only added as far as the Jin Dynasty conquered in northern China and have only covered the timeline up to ~1165. The main reasoning for this is that someone can just play Comprehensive Annals of Five Dynasties if they want to play as China and second of all I dislike the idea of removing game mechanics so in the end the China tag is in control by the Song Dynasty all the way up to the Mongol conquest. For periods where the Song Dynasty controls northern China there's just a large Western Protectorate mostly since there's no way to have the Emperor on the map (well I can make him start with provinces but they are lost on succession) while also having the China
mechanics.

Besides that I fixed more positioning and various map issues and went and made it so the 936 bookmark properly functions and the 867 is mostly working right now. When it comes to southern China I'll only add in the very most southern areas with Yunnan and up to Hainan. I'll likely port in Vietnam and any other parts of southeast Asia that Warial ends up adding as well. I could possibly add some of the areas myself for at least the top level titles but it wouldn't be near the quality of what Warial's work has been. Ocean wise I'd likely only add ocean tiles along the eastern coast but not connect it to India mostly since the idea of someplace like England sending an army by boat to China in the year 1100 sounds silly.

Expansion.png

Expansion2.png

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 3Love
Reactions:
Hey thank you so much for creating this mod, especially incorporating the Asian countries into the map!

Just to let you know, I'm having a CTD on start whenever I try to replace the old map wasteland files. Is it something to do with my end? Byzantine Empire also keeps becoming a merchant republic, even after changing government with console commands.
Also, English Localisation doesn't seem to work with Expanded HIP ( it works without expanded map).

Attachments

• version.txt
    339 bytes · Views: 0
Last edited:
Is there any existing version of the most fixed edition of the mod before the northern expansion? I'm just interested in a complete India and expanded Traim Basim rather than having the whole of northern China covered with the western protectorate.

• 1Like
Reactions: