• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
de jure empires are completely broken for me

20200316203806_1.jpg 20200316203814_1.jpg

Yea I dunno what was causing that since e_null is still owner of everything (since those titles aren't made normally anyway) and it didn't seem to be breaking anything so I gave up looking.

Just wondering is it okay to use swmh with this.. i tried looking but couldnt find anyone asking about it.. if there was talk about it, then i must be a tad blind, or something.

Just wondering is it okay to use swmh with this.. i tried looking but couldnt find anyone asking about it.. if there was talk about it, then i must be a tad blind, or something.

It's actually designed for SWMH.

"This submod is also made with the assumption that you use all of HIP's major modules." Obviously excluding "Mini-SWMH" I'd assume.

It's actually designed for SWMH.

"This submod is also made with the assumption that you use all of HIP's major modules." Obviously excluding "Mini-SWMH" I'd assume.

Oh, okay. Didnt seemed to have noticed that sentence.. thanks.

was just wondering since the chinese stuff seems to only start on the swmh wall before the expanded map.

also some bloodlines seem to be missing in the expanded mods..

I've noticed that the pratihara in india has the bloodline, but once I load up the expanded mod.. that family's bloodline doesnt exist.

Last edited:
Oh, okay. Didnt seemed to have noticed that sentence.. thanks.

was just wondering since the chinese stuff seems to only start on the swmh wall before the expanded map.

also some bloodlines seem to be missing in the expanded mods..

I've noticed that the pratihara in india has the bloodline, but once I load up the expanded mod.. that family's bloodline doesnt exist.

Fixed. Say whatever other bloodlines have that issue.

Also, in a recent HIP update they added the province of Istakhr, which is a pretty important province to a Zoroastrian playthrough. The Frosty 2 version of this submod has the older Persian layout, where it is just Shiraz and Yazd as big provinces. Is it possible to add the Istakhr changes or is there any easy way i could do it myself? Sorry, I have little to no modding experience. Adding screenshots for reference.

Screenshot (65).png Screenshot (67).png

Perhaps a silly question, but I don't want to mess with something, so... does this submod work with every bookmark or I should use it with earlier starting dates?

It should be fine on anything but the new earliest start dates since I don't have the patience to go through history files and I only play later start dates myself.

Also, in a recent HIP update they added the province of Istakhr, which is a pretty important province to a Zoroastrian playthrough. The Frosty 2 version of this submod has the older Persian layout, where it is just Shiraz and Yazd as big provinces. Is it possible to add the Istakhr changes or is there any easy way i could do it myself? Sorry, I have little to no modding experience. Adding screenshots for reference.

View attachment 559345 View attachment 559346

Overall I never added the new provinces since this submod is just parts of my own personal modified HIP and I spend hours setting up a save file at a start date I like which means adding new provinces would screw with my game. I can go ahead and add that province into the submod though sometime tomorrow since adding new provinces isn't too difficult.

*Edit*

I just went and quickly threw it in for you.

Last edited:
It should be fine on anything but the new earliest start dates since I don't have the patience to go through history files and I only play later start dates myself.

Overall I never added the new provinces since this submod is just parts of my own personal modified HIP and I spend hours setting up a save file at a start date I like which means adding new provinces would screw with my game. I can go ahead and add that province into the submod though sometime tomorrow since adding new provinces isn't too difficult.

*Edit*

I just went and quickly threw it in for you.

Much appreciated! I'll try it out after work today. Thank you for your hard work
Edit: is this a clean re install or do I insert this into the existing submod expanded folder?

Last edited:
We re-shuffled a lot of provinces and added quite a bit of provinces with the Frosty1 release Mechl.

Istakhr is one of them. As you can see on the screenie Theodosius posted, we added the provinces of Maysan and Sus. Outside of his screenies, we added Shapurkhwast and Ardabil in Persia, Kambechovani and Dzoraget in the Caucasus, Dathina and Marib in Yemen and more.

But you can look at the Frosty1 changelog to see them all

Excuse me, I am on a Mac and am trying to play with this mod, but it does not seem to be working. I was just to start up a new game and decided to look over at the new eastern provinces added by your mod. They were not there. Am I supposed to do something more than put this mod's file into the mod folder, and activate it?

I'm a big fan of this mod, as it's fixes the biggest problem I had with HIP (that being the removed portions of india and east asia). Unfortunately, when it was updated to incorporate the Iron Century start date, all of europe seems to have it's history all fucked up. Germany owns a huge portion of italy among many other things, and it's completely different to what the original SWMH mod had set up for 936. in addition, a huge portion of the provinces in the levant and mesopotamia are empty and have no character or title assigned to them, making the game essentially unplayable.

How would I go about fixing the borders and title setup in europe in the 936 start date so it's like the one from the base HIP mod? Is it just a matter of replacing your mods history edits with those from the base HIP? or is it more complicated than that?