• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I noticed in the A-ExpandedHIP/history/provinces there are files named "New Buildings" and "NewBuildings" I think they have the same stuff in both of them. Do I delete one or is that intentional?

Sorry to bother you again, but when I started playing I noticed that the English names for the byzantine empire and holy roman empire were turned on and that they had the wrong emblems. Thanks.

Last edited:
Due to the new titles in HIP you'll need to delete your gfx folder in the HIP_NEWHIP folder to fix flags. Localisation things like you mentioned are since I need to use some base HIP files to overwrite things. You can either get around this by modifying the localisation file yourself or using a submod like More Cultural Names.

Due to the new titles in HIP you'll need to delete your gfx folder in the HIP_NEWHIP folder to fix flags. Localisation things like you mentioned are since I need to use some base HIP files to overwrite things. You can either get around this by modifying the localisation file yourself or using a submod like More Cultural Names.

I'm sorry, but where exactly is the "HIP_NEWHIP" folder? I've been having issues with my flags every time I try to use this mod (pretty much all christian flags are mixed up), so what you're talking about seems like it might be my only fix, since everything else I've found online hasn't work.

Also, have you added support for the 936 bookmark? Because it works mostly fine, but a bunch of provinces have no owners (notably around 3 in Great Britain, a few in the Balkans and Carpathians, and almost the entirety of the Levant and Mesopotamia) and germany owns a few provinces in Italy for some reason (although this might actually have some historical reason that I'm not aware of)

I'm sorry, but where exactly is the "HIP_NEWHIP" folder? I've been having issues with my flags every time I try to use this mod (pretty much all christian flags are mixed up), so what you're talking about seems like it might be my only fix, since everything else I've found online hasn't work.

Also, have you added support for the 936 bookmark? Because it works mostly fine, but a bunch of provinces have no owners (notably around 3 in Great Britain, a few in the Balkans and Carpathians, and almost the entirety of the Levant and Mesopotamia) and germany owns a few provinces in Italy for some reason (although this might actually have some historical reason that I'm not aware of)

It's where your save files are.

As for the bookmark. Like I said on the previous page I never play early bookmarks so I don't have any current desire to go through the 500 history files I added.

It's where your save files are.

As for the bookmark. Like I said on the previous page I never play early bookmarks so I don't have any current desire to go through the 500 history files I added.

Sorry, I'm also having a problem with the flags. I don't have a 'HIP_NEWHIP' folder and I'm using the latest version of HIP. I've tried deleting the gfx folder in the folder where the saved games are but that doesn't appear to do anything. Am I missing something? If you have any suggestions of what I could do to fix this I'd appreciate it.

New version uploaded. Make sure to fully delete the old folder as I cleaned up some files.
Is the Historical Buildings Patch compatible with the latest (December) version of the Expanded Map Mod? The timestamp indicates that the Historical Buildings Patch was last modified in April. Also, I can't load saves (of various bookmarks.) The game just CTD when I try to load saves.

Last edited:
Sorry, I'm also having a problem with the flags. I don't have a 'HIP_NEWHIP' folder and I'm using the latest version of HIP. I've tried deleting the gfx folder in the folder where the saved games are but that doesn't appear to do anything. Am I missing something? If you have any suggestions of what I could do to fix this I'd appreciate it.

Are you making sure that you completely deleted the old mod files before installing the new one? I am not having any flag issues myself after I fixed it so I can't think of any further ways to troubleshoot that.

Is the Historical Buildings Patch compatible with the latest (December) version of the Expanded Map Mod? The timestamp indicates that the Historical Buildings Patch was last modified in April. Also, I can't load saves (of various bookmarks.) The game just CTD when I try to load saves.

The folders say April but the files inside are updated.

As for the crashes I am not able to replicate that with or without the Buildings Patch. Make sure you're not trying to load old saves as they will most likely be broke and if you are using ther buildings patch just extract it over this submod and overwrite any files. Besides that you can let me know what country your loading and I can see if that is the issue as I'm just checking with the Byzantine Empire.

Gotta ask (as I managed to hopelessly confuse this thread and another), any plans on Japan? If no, would you kindly give me the files you're working off of so and the projection/s you're using so I could maybe do it :D the SWMH peeps greenlit it

hello everyone

it's this normal than certainly wasteland (and even provinces) appears unnamed with "xxxxxxx" latter as replacement

and is this also normal than i have a "Manichean Priest" (if i remember correctly) in morocco (pre-Almoravids) will the guy is a Sunni Muslim Berbers ?
thank you please for your response

Man if only we could combine this with the new Chinese submod we'd be in real business. As it is...I might have to keep playing this one, because my Indo-Greek Kingdom is just too cool.

Gotta ask (as I managed to hopelessly confuse this thread and another), any plans on Japan? If no, would you kindly give me the files you're working off of so and the projection/s you're using so I could maybe do it :D the SWMH peeps greenlit it

The last time I started expanded further east the game started to actually lag pretty badly from all the new provinces so going as far as Japan would probably be really bad. Map wise the eastern portion is as Warial said and it's Tianxia's map meshed into HIPs and the hardest part of blending the projections cleanly is already done on the current map but even in my further expanded map I never added all of Japan so it's not like I have any files laying around with that. To expand it yourself it'd just take Tianxia's map and adding the further east parts while making sure that the width is divisible by 256. Here's a zip with some files and a provinces map I quickly added the rest of Japan to that is a working projection but it'd be on you to modify the rest of the files which shouldn't be too hard if you use Tianxia as a comparison as it's only a very small portion of the map.

hello everyone

it's this normal than certainly wasteland (and even provinces) appears unnamed with "xxxxxxx" latter as replacement

and is this also normal than i have a "Manichean Priest" (if i remember correctly) in morocco (pre-Almoravids) will the guy is a Sunni Muslim Berbers ?
thank you please for your response

Let me know where you see those issues and I'll fix them. I personally do not see any localisation issues like you mentioned when I run the game. As for character files the thing you mentioned is unlikely by me.

Man if only we could combine this with the new Chinese submod we'd be in real business. As it is...I might have to keep playing this one, because my Indo-Greek Kingdom is just too cool.

Warial's mod uses this map as a base so it is both mods in one.

here is some image about area where these "xxxxxx" province name appeared

20200114170206_1.jpg 20200114170312_1.jpg20200114170332_1.jpg 20200114170350_1.jpg 20200114170900_1.jpg 20200114171049_1.jpg

and here is an image of the "Manichean church" problem is was talking about which appear in reality in the dejure duchy map

20200114171330_1.jpg

and finally i got also an others problem where west africa appear as wasteland in start date map is this a problem or normal ?

20200114172248_1.jpg

maybe i should completely try to reinstall the mod and see what's happen and sorry for my english

Yea those localisation issues are definitely due to an installation problem. Delete it all and re-install it. The Manichean Church problem is likely related to that too as I can't replicate that in my game as well nor do I see that issue with West Africa.

*Edit*

I think I see (part of) the issue. You seem to be playing with a French version of the game and I never did localisation for anything but English. Go ahead and re-download the mod and that issue should be fixed. The Africa and Manichean issue on the other hand shouldn't be caused by the language version so maybe a re-install will fix that too though there will always be some blank provinces in earlier start dates if a history file is lacking information for that date.

Last edited:
after trying it in english (without reinstalling it) the mod is working fine and dosen't have to xxxxx province anymore and the case of the Manichean church seem also related to the language problem since in english i have sijlimasa rater than Manichean church only the west africa problem remain

and an others question is this a problem than certain muslim nation have feudal country coat ?

edit: i reinstalled the mod and the only problem left is the one of west africa not appearing in selection start date screen but only in actual gaming play

Last edited:
Hi,Could you help me?
I'm having a problem with crashes. I can run the mod fine until I save and then come back later. When I try to load any save I make it always crashes to desktop. It only happens when I'm using this mod and I'm fine whith just using HIP. It's a shame because I thought your expanded map was pretty cool and was one of the things I felt was missing from HIP.

Thanks.

Hi,Could you help me?
I'm having a problem with crashes. I can run the mod fine until I save and then come back later. When I try to load any save I make it always crashes to desktop. It only happens when I'm using this mod and I'm fine whith just using HIP. It's a shame because I thought your expanded map was pretty cool and was one of the things I felt was missing from HIP.

Thanks.

Hi,
I had the same problem, so I decide to install Frosty1 instead of Frosty2 and it works fine now.