• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Are all the added Indian states in the East playable?
I didn't add any restrictions or new religions to the area, as long as you have RoI you should be able to play any character there. No idea how historical the setup is though as I know nothing about India.

Hey Warial, I've found a weird and (very) minor bug which makes the imperial goverment's icon to change to whatever goverment the character you were previously scrolling had.

I attach pictures so you can have an idea of what I'm talking about.

20200529170857_1.jpg
20200529171017_1.jpg
20200529171109_1.jpg
20200529171120_1.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions:
Ok guys, sorry, but I'm lazy and don't feel like writing a dev diary. However, I can tell you guys that China is more or less finished. I just finished Wuyue which was the last kingdom still lacking history. I want to do a dev diary on them though, so I'll try to cook something up soon.

XiXnUhB.jpg

3H822XH.jpg

CAFbnLG.jpg

Things left to do:
- Add a handful of prefects
- Province rework in Xining area
- Add Bohai and eastern half of Liao
- Maybe more impassable mountains?
- Korea

• 11Like
  • 4Love
Reactions:
This screenshot of the whole map is just beautiful, kinda makes me drool and the prospect of seeing a release happen is the one reason, I do not only lurk in the CK3 forums, but still check by CK2's HIP section :)
A question:
Do you plan to add Korea before releasing or is that slated for a later version?

Do you plan to add Korea before releasing or is that slated for a later version
I'm still on the fence about it. Even if I do only several first monarchs of Goryeo, I would have to add the family tree of Silla, which would take several days. We will see.
Warial - will you continue this project in CK2 after the premiere of CK3?
At least for some time, yup. I would consider switching if SWMH for ck3 is released and the guys created a map with projection accounting for East Asia. Creating new map is beyond my skills and so is stitching like Mechl did.
Even then I don't want to work again on stitched map, as it really shows if you know where to look.

• 8Like
Reactions:
Can I play as YeluLiao Abaoji in the 907 bookmark?
And you've mentioned about Balhae. Will it rename to "Dan Gur" if conquered by khitans?

As for Goguryeo, it's far from important in that period of time. I would say S.E. Asia power like Dablit and Khmer are much more better choice for a next milestone.
Also, it matches the main theme of Wudai, a shift of political, economic and cultural power from northern China to southern China.
(the con is, it's 200~300% more work to do than adding Goguryeo)

• 1Like
Reactions:
Can I play as YeluLiao Abaoji in the 907 bookmark?
No, you can only play as Yarud Ëbëgiñ. ;)
And you've mentioned about Balhae. Will it rename to "Dan Gur" if conquered by khitans?
Yup. Though I'm not sure yet whether it will be called Balhae by default or not yet.

As for Goguryeo, it's far from important in that period of time.
I meant Goryeo, the kingdom founded by Wang Geon in 918. Goguryeo probably won't be ever added.

I would say S.E. Asia power like Dablit and Khmer are much more better choice for a next milestone.
Dali is already in. It appears as Yunnan on the screenshots due to a bug with localisations.
Dablit and Dai Viet is as far south as I'm gonna go at this moment simply because I know pretty much nothing about this area in this period and it would entail a lot of research as you said.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Hi there, seeing all these effort and you are making me feel bad for lacking mandarin affinity despite being a chinese (ancestory) myself. I just find mandarin characters wayyy too time consuming to read compared to alphabets (Malaysian nationality here). Maybe I'll finally pick up more history of China other than the Three Kingdoms with your mod :)

May I ask what core gameplay mechanics are there currently/future release?

I've been focusing on history, so I didn't add that many gameplay mechanics, only updated already present ones to conform better to China.
China employs EMF Imperial mechanics which work surprisngly well even (as far as abstraction goes), so I won't be adding any gamey "Mandate of Heaven" mechanic of any sort. The only change is that the Emperor has a vote in the heir selection of the Jiedushi.

I want to add Imperial Examinations soon, I have characters with Jinshi and Zhuangyuan traits added, but currently no way to gain them. It would allow for unlanded characters who did very well to be given a prefecture to rule somewhere in the realm among others.

Apart from that I'm open to ideas.

• 4Like
Reactions:
Maybe you can have a look at this mod, it adds universities to the game, as landless titles. You can send people to the university to study and eventually graduate. Maybe you can go along that concept and have characters graduate based on their traits? The mod has a chinese university and it gives different tiers of graduation.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Maybe you can have a look at this mod, it adds universities to the game, as landless titles. You can send people to the university to study and eventually graduate. Maybe you can go along that concept and have characters graduate based on their traits? The mod has a chinese university and it gives different tiers of graduation.
Sorry, I read your post and was supposed to reply later, but forgot.

Traits and stats would certainly come into play. I was thinking of having it as a decision an Emperor can take every 3 years (or so) opening a window of several months when various events come into play. Maybe even having Meritocracy as a crown law? Song had fully meritocratic system, great families were still there, but most posts were given to officials who passed the examinations. On the other side we have Liao who in higher positions overwhelmingly assigned Yelu and Xiao clans, with degree holders limited mostly to lower posts.

Wow I just found out about this when googling something about TIanxia :D

I am very excited about trying out this one as well!
Hope you will like it! Tianxia has more flavour events and mechanics though, I focus on history for now.

• 2Like
Reactions:
I cannot stress how eager I am to play HIP with China fully added.
Also, I am quite sure, that your effort will be appreciated by players even after CK3 has been released. CK2 + China is a dream come true for a significant portion of the fanbase, HIP + China is like icing on top of that.

Reactions:
Dev Diary #5 吳越國
Dev Diary #5 吳越國 Wuyue

OK, this was the final dynasty to be done for a reason. While not the biggest, as it was spared destructive invasions and was annexed peacefully by Song it managed to keep lot's of records intact. Chiefly the official history of the kingdom 吳越備史 was composed on the Song court, a honour which wasn't granted to any other state of the so called 10 kingdoms. Also the region itself is replate with Provincial Gazeteers written during Song, Ming and Qing dynasties which also preserve informations not present in the official histories.

Thanks to that the provincial history could be completed to the level impossible for many other regions. All 13 provinces are ruled by historical prefects starting in 867.1.1 all the way until the annexation of Wuyue by Song in 978.6.9. Typically in other regions I started from the top, first adding Jiedushi as title holders in all provinces and then adding known prefects to the history. This time it was possible to do it the other way around.

UCPRzaY.jpg

11 Provinces of Wuyue, divided between 3 duchies:
Zhenhai (鎮海) with the capital at Hangzhou (杭州) held by the King of Wuyue. Known also as the Western Administration (西府).
Zhedong (浙東) later known as Zhendong (鎮東) with the capital at Yuezhou (越州) and officially helf also by the king of Wuyue, but most of the time delegated to a deputy. Known also as the Eastern Administration (東府).
Weiwu (威武) with the capital at Fuzhou (福州). It was gained in 946 as Min desintegrated following invasion by Southern Tang and partitioned.

paMNo6x.jpg

I'll only add that the coverage for Southern Tang is not that bad either, not as good as for Wuyue, but it's a far cry from Southern Han where very little is preserved in terms of local administration.

fNOMRDP.jpg

The only reason the family trees of Chinese clans are so big is that in those times they didn't have sexual education in schools. But jokes aside, Lin'an Qian went to be a major figurers in Song politics. While there will be still lot's of reserach to be done later, I already went through the History of Song 宋史 and at least two funerary epigraphs and added known Lin'an Qian characters to the game, for example Qian Duanli (錢端禮) who in 1168 was made a prefect of Ningguo (寧國府), which during 5 dynasties era was known as Xuanzhou (宣州). Let's say, I'm playing a long game with this mod. ;)

Progress report:
- Balhae done, working on the successor states. The problem is that historians can't really agree on the details as the history of the region is quite murky, so expect possibly controversial decisions.
- Added more provinces for Liao and Qay, so they will be a bigger threat for the dynasties in the south.
- As I neglected Liao history before I'm currently taking care of that. Luckily, the History of Liao (遼史), while fragmentary, preserves quite a lot of information, so Liao Emperors won't be holding all provinces.

Now the question. Do you guys prefer to have release later, but with Korea already in the mod? Or earlier with Korea added in 1.1? It's still gonna take me some time to patch up Liao and Balhae successor states, but Korea would for sure push the release well into July.

• 5Like
  • 2Love
Reactions:
Following Paradox convention, Korea as a DLC!

I know your feelings about big China Clan.
When I doing history of Sima Clan(河內司馬家), I'm glad that Shile (石勒) did me a great favor (hellish laughing

Last edited:
I'd also vote for China only in 1.0, so we can start playing and you can receive feedback ;-)
And having Korea as a first 'DLC' to look forward to, is a joyfull prospect.

Reactions:
Now the question. Do you guys prefer to have release later, but with Korea already in the mod? Or earlier with Korea added in 1.1? It's still gonna take me some time to patch up Liao and Balhae successor states, but Korea would for sure push the release well into July.
Personally, Korea won't matter to me. I'm attracted to this because of China.

Reactions: