• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I am new to this sub mod, is there anything like the grace and boons and like the Chinese policies and stuff still in this mod in some form? (any of the jade dragon stuff)

I checked again and starting with Li Bian himself is fine but things went wonky for his descendants for some reasons.
wJRnDhe.png
OK, will be fixed. I had problems with the workaround for this issue before as the real father wasn't remember by the game, but it's better than having whole tree broken.
Thanks for the new map update. It is looking pretty good.
I had a go with Balhae and noticed that female generated names for the Bohai culture are coming out as Chinese, while male names are Korean.
Noted.
Some people of the Kong line, including Kongzi himself, are still alive in at least 962. Does that happen to anyone else?
For me the only character alive is Kong Chenggong, while Kong Zi himself is dead. (start date 962.7.7). When did you download the mod and from the forum or workshop?
I am new to this sub mod, is there anything like the grace and boons and like the Chinese policies and stuff still in this mod in some form? (any of the jade dragon stuff)
No, most of them make little sense with China on the map. Some might return at some point, like Kowtow event chain.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
For me the only character alive is Kong Chenggong, while Kong Zi himself is dead. (start date 962.7.7). When did you download the mod and from the forum or workshop?
Sorry. It's just some incompatibility with other mods.

edit
Actually scratch that. Through the course of playing that game somehow these folks rose up like zombies
9zW7Lwi.png

Last edited:
I just tried it :D it looks beautiful, but ...

Why does China only have towns and no castles and temples?

Also I've been trying to find Nanjing, could you tell me what the historical province for Nanjing is?

I just tried it :D it looks beautiful, but ...

Why does China only have towns and no castles and temples?
Europe was riddled with thousands of fortresses, castles, fortified manors which served as the local power centres of European nobility. China also had fortresses, but they were typically of importance only in border regions. 宋史 mentions lots of 城 'castle' and 堡 'fort' in the vinicity of Xi Xia for example, but is silent about them in the central regions, so finding them would be a problem.

Temples have the similar issue. In Europe eccelestial administration was often more robust and developed than the royal one. Church held lots of land and held impressive sway over the politics. In China there was no religious authority which held any political significance at the court. While European history is riddled with struggles of eccelestial and state administrations, religious wars, in Chinese chronicles of the era you will hardly find any mention of temples beyond being a safe haven for people who want to disappear.

So I decided that instead of adding bunch of castles and temples, it would be better to reserve holdings to represent historical divisions instead. China had very much modern like administrative structure of the country. In Tang you had 道 Circuits (duchies in game), which were divided into 州 Prefectures (counties), which were further divided into 县 Counties (baronies). I found it more desirable to have it this way, though I understand it might be a very controversial decision.

Also I've been trying to find Nanjing, could you tell me what the historical province for Nanjing is?
Shengzhou. It is also the capital of Southern Tang in 936.

• 4Like
Reactions:
Sorry. It's just some incompatibility with other mods.

edit
Actually scratch that. Through the course of playing that game somehow these folks rose up like zombies
9zW7Lwi.png
I'll need more info. What start date, what circumstances, how long into the game? Do you have any active mods which might cause this behaviour?
I've just played for a few years and I see no immortal Kongzi.

I've just recently downloaded this mod, sorry if it's already asked: what happens to the chinese artifacts? How can I get those and other Chinese related features?

• 1Like
Reactions:
I'll need more info. What start date, what circumstances, how long into the game? Do you have any active mods which might cause this behaviour?
I've just played for a few years and I see no immortal Kongzi.
I tested on 3 versions of frosty and both the iron century bookmark and a custom start date in 960. No other active mod . The problem came only when I load a save. It may has something to do with the immortal age tag because the Yans were also coming back to life.

No, most of them make little sense with China on the map. Some might return at some point, like Kowtow event chain.

Oh okay, I really liked the interactions with china and the boons like artifacts and imperial marriages and tribunes plus being able to invade/raid china and such so I thought they would be like interactions/diplomacy actions you have directly with the emperor instead.

Oh okay, I really liked the interactions with china and the boons like artifacts and imperial marriages and tribunes plus being able to invade/raid china and such so I thought they would be like interactions/diplomacy actions you have directly with the emperor instead.
Artfacts: this is something that might happen, but I'm not sure if I want to use mana here.
Imperial marriages: the Chinese Emperor is a bit too happy to send off his clan to foreign countries. I might have to put some limitations like Tianxia did.
Tributaries: This I want expanded, the China should primarily be expanding through making tributaries, and conquering directly only in the core China. Though I wonder how much I'm actually able to do here.

As for wars and raids, I don't think we need anything beyond the standard interactions.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Europe was riddled with thousands of fortresses, castles, fortified manors which served as the local power centres of European nobility. China also had fortresses, but they were typically of importance only in border regions. 宋史 mentions lots of 城 'castle' and 堡 'fort' in the vinicity of Xi Xia for example, but is silent about them in the central regions, so finding them would be a problem.

Is there anything with the government types or religion ingame in China that should stop me from building castles or temples?

I ask because my usual play style was simply spamming castles in my capital. So, role-play aside, is this method still the best or should I be building towns instead for best results?

Is there anything with the government types or religion ingame in China that should stop me from building castles or temples?

I ask because my usual play style was simply spamming castles in my capital. So, role-play aside, is this method still the best or should I be building towns instead for best results?
Afaik there is a hardcoded requirement that you can't build a second holding of the same type, if not all holding types are present in the province, so I couldn't put any limitations for what players and AI can build.

I was supposed to make a dev diary on some more character history, but since it seems to not really be that interesting to non-Chinese history buffs like me, I'll just leave this.

Version 1.0.1 released
Link in the OP updated.

Changelog:
- Compatibility with Frosty3
- Corrected Trade Routes
- Corrected province onwerships and additions of prefects during Later Zhou-Southern Tang war
- Other title and character history corrections
- Fix to BCE characters resurrecting on save reload
- Submission CB changed to subjugate Imperial title only if the capital is occupied by the attacker OR Emperor is a prisoner of the attacker. In case neither is true the CB will transfer occupied vassals to the attacker.
- Fixed cases when there were multiple new custom empires created at once
- Added a workaround around the bug that changed back the CoA on reload
- Korean female names for Bohai culture instead of Chinese
- Added Shangdang Miao (上黨苗) clan along with 8th century chancellor Miao Jinqing (苗晉卿) and his playable descendant Miao Shen (苗紳) a prefects of Jiangzhou (江州刺史) in 867.
- Added missing brothers of Zhao Kuangyin and some of their children and grandchildre

Last edited:
  • 5Like
Reactions:
Maybe even use the wuxing cardinal directional color scheme to color the de jure duchies.
I didn't colour the de jure duchies this way, but I did use it originally for the county flags (that's why Datong has black flags and Hexi white for example), but I was afraid that with duchies it could become a problem to discern at glance which duchy is which. So I opted for more variety for gameplay purposes.

Hoever, I admit I'm bad with colours. :p If you would like to improve them, then there's a good chance I'll add your changes into the mod (as long as colours are distinct enough to be told apart).

I didn't colour the de jure duchies this way, but I did use it originally for the county flags (that's why Datong has black flags and Hexi white for example), but I was afraid that with duchies it could become a problem to discern at glance which duchy is which. So I opted for more variety for gameplay purposes.

Hoever, I admit I'm bad with colours. :p If you would like to improve them, then there's a good chance I'll add your changes into the mod (as long as colours are distinct enough to be told apart).
Youre right it's a terrible idea. I'll put my attempt here anyway in case you're curious how it's badly it turned out.

Attachments

• wudai_landed_titles.txt
    108 KB · Views: 0
Afaik there is a hardcoded requirement that you can't build a second holding of the same type, if not all holding types are present in the province, so I couldn't put any limitations for what players and AI can build.

Hi! I just found this mod, very excited. Just wanted to note that this is not hard-coded; there is a line in defines.lua to control this.

ENFORCE_ONE_OF_EACH_HOLDING = 1, -- Require players to build at least one City, Temple and Castle in each province

• 1Like
Reactions:
I was supposed to make a dev diary on some more character history, but since it seems to not really be that interesting to non-Chinese history buffs like me, I'll just leave this.

Version 1.0.1 released
Link in the OP updated.

Changelog:
- Compatibility with Frosty3
- Corrected Trade Routes
- Corrected province onwerships and additions of prefects during Later Zhou-Southern Tang war
- Other title and character history corrections
- Fix to BCE characters resurrecting on save reload
- Submission CB changed to subjugate Imperial title only if the capital is occupied by the attacker OR Emperor is a prisoner of the attacker. In case neither is true the CB will transfer occupied vassals to the attacker.
- Fixed cases when there were multiple new custom empires created at once
- Added a workaround around the bug that changed back the CoA on reload
- Korean female names for Bohai culture instead of Chinese
- Added Shangdang Miao (上黨苗) clan along with 8th century chancellor Miao Jinqing (苗晉卿) and his playable descendant Miao Shen (苗紳) a prefects of Jiangzhou (江州刺史) in 867.
- Added missing brothers of Zhao Kuangyin and some of their children and grandchildre

Thanks for the com patch for the latest frosty edition.
I don't think the female Bohai culture names were added to the latest download. As a stop gap i have imported the MEIOU Korean names over.

I wouldn't mind some character biographies of major characters. Ah, I remember the old days playing the ROTK VI (Romance of the Three Kingdoms) reading almost every biography. It is what got me interested in reading the history of east Asia and the rest is history.

EDIT: i noticed something else strange about Balhae. It starts as a Bureaucratic government and within a few months of the game start the ruler will create the chiefdom of Bohai switching to Tribal government in the process.

Last edited: