• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Can someone tell me how to get this mod working and the extended map sub mod working, i followed the steps for the extended map mod and everytime i enable it, it causes the game to crash before getting to the menu, even with this mod enable with that to it dose the same, my game works fine without either of them enabled but wont work when i enable both of them or one or the other

Can someone tell me how to get this mod working and the extended map sub mod working, i followed the steps for the extended map mod and everytime i enable it, it causes the game to crash before getting to the menu, even with this mod enable with that to it dose the same, my game works fine without either of them enabled but wont work when i enable both of them or one or the other
Do you have HIP with SWMH installed? Do you install the mod in the same folder as HIP? Don't install both Expanded Map and my mod, they are not compatible.

Do you have HIP with SWMH installed? Do you install the mod in the same folder as HIP? Don't install both Expanded Map and my mod, they are not compatible.
Yes i have them both installed, do i need to drag the stuff from your mod into the hip folder and i tryed your mod, with and without expanded map nither worked. If i need to drag the files from your mod and copy them over something or do i need to make a sub folder inside the main hip folder and put your stuff in there.

Yes i have them both installed, do i need to drag the stuff from your mod into the hip folder and i tryed your mod, with and without expanded map nither worked. If i need to drag the files from your mod and copy them over something or do i need to make a sub folder inside the main hip folder and put your stuff in there.
Post a screenshot of your mod folder.

I have the same problem as GrimReaper has, I'm 100% certain that I installed this mod correctly. I use the Steam version if that helps

Hi Warial,
Just want to check with you if the female rights of the Han and Balhae cultures are correct. Currently I can appoint a female to any position on the council and there are no opinion penalties for females. Basically it is as if full female rights are enabled.

N.B. no female status laws are enabled, I checked in Europe and female rights look normal i.e. default.

I have the same problem as GrimReaper has, I'm 100% certain that I installed this mod correctly. I use the Steam version if that helps
Could you please tell me what modules of HIP you have installed? Do you play with any other mod?
I just subscribed to the mod myself to check whether it runs and it starts without fail.

Hi Warial,
Just want to check with you if the female rights of the Han and Balhae cultures are correct. Currently I can appoint a female to any position on the council and there are no opinion penalties for females. Basically it is as if full female rights are enabled.

N.B. no female status laws are enabled, I checked in Europe and female rights look normal i.e. default.
I didn't touch this at all, they should be handled by EMF and not by cultures but religions. By Han character, did you check with Tang in 867 bookmark? If so, it could be because Yizong was Buddhist and so are rulers of Balhae. I'll see how it can be changed though.

I didn't touch this at all, they should be handled by EMF and not by cultures but religions. By Han character, did you check with Tang in 867 bookmark? If so, it could be because Yizong was Buddhist and so are rulers of Balhae. I'll see how it can be changed though.
Thanks Warial for looking at this. I see now it is being caused by Buddhism, so it's an EMF issue (seems far fetched that Buddhism was 21st century open minded, heading temples perhaps but not Marshal or Chancellor). They should really tweak that.

N.B. just wanted to confirm this was with the 867 bookmark and checking that Tang can indeed appoint females to any council post.

Could you please tell me what modules of HIP you have installed? Do you play with any other mod?
I just subscribed to the mod myself to check whether it runs and it starts without fail.
I use the following modules and I didn't run anyother mods besides yours
From the version.txt:
[ HIP Release: 2020-07-10 (Frosty3) ]
EMF: Extended Mechanics & Flavor (v11.2 - 2020-07-09)
Arumba and Internal Tab Shortcuts (2020-05-12)
ARKO Interface (2020-06-28)
SWMH (v3.42 - 2020-07-08)
ARKO Armoiries (2020-06-28)
CPRplus (v3.1.4 - 2020-01-06)

I use the following modules and I didn't run anyother mods besides yours
From the version.txt:
[ HIP Release: 2020-07-10 (Frosty3) ]
EMF: Extended Mechanics & Flavor (v11.2 - 2020-07-09)
Arumba and Internal Tab Shortcuts (2020-05-12)
ARKO Interface (2020-06-28)
SWMH (v3.42 - 2020-07-08)
ARKO Armoiries (2020-06-28)
CPRplus (v3.1.4 - 2020-01-06)
Guys, could you try running the mod with Lindbrooks Texture Map installed?

It seems that at least one of my files is dependant on that module, which I was not aware of. Once I find which file is causing problems I'll make an update removing this dependency.

Guys, could you try running the mod with Lindbrooks Texture Map installed?

It seems that at least one of my files is dependant on that module, which I was not aware of. Once I find which file is causing problems I'll make an update removing this dependency.

Lindbrooks mod modifies the terrain.bmp, colormap.dds and colormap_water.dds and adds all the other files in the /map/terrain folder and modifies files in gfx/FX and interface/mapitems.gfx. It's possible need to remove those extra files in the terrain folder and change the files in gfx/FX and interface/mapitems.gfx to whatever non LTM HIP uses. Maybe terrain.bmp would need altered but I can't see why since I didn't do anything special when merging the texture map from Tianxia besides blending it together (unless Tianxia used something from LTM but I doubt it). The colormap files probably wouldn't matter though who knows what the LTM colormap would look like over vanillas textures.

Last edited:
Version 1.0.3 released
Link in the OP updated.

Changelog:
- The mod will no longer crash when Lindbrooks Texture Map is not installed, but the game will look terrible, so I recommend to turn it on anyway. I really don't feel like doing a separate version just for this.
- Added Gyeongju Gim, Seok and Bak clans to the game, along with the rulers of Silla. Currently unplayable, but viewable in title history. Together more than 500 characters.

I'm working on Korea right now and I expect it's going to take me some time, so the coming releases will be mostly bugfixes for things you guys report.

• 5Like
Reactions:
Little thing I noticed when running the validator. Your first 4 Korean characters in SWMH+E_korean have duplicate ID's of 4 characters in swmh_coptic. Not entirley sure why SWMH did such a random jump in that file.

Little thing I noticed when running the validator. Your first 4 Korean characters in SWMH+E_korean have duplicate ID's of 4 characters in swmh_coptic. Not entirley sure why SWMH did such a random jump in that file.
Ah, shit, I could have read this thread before uploading the next version... and I'm on the forums every day...
Oh, well, I will fix it before I'll release the Korea for sure.

Most likely because i ran into a similar problem and had to pick a character ID range that i knew was safe. Sorry about that :D