• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
If you made the period 867-936 fully scrollable, that means you also touched upon Africa, the Middle-East and Europe correct?
Sorry, I missed your edit.

Nope, as I said in the OP, I'm only interested in working on Far East. The rest of the map I left completely untouched.
The game will generate fictional rulers to fill the gaps, and if I recall correctly all top level titles have already full roster, so it shouldn't be too immersion breaking.

Ok, couldn't wait any longer and booted it up.
The good news is, that the mod starts without immediate CTD or something of the sort.
I chose the 'End of Tang' bookmark and some lowly count in Liang. Kind of fits in to the chaos one expects after the fall of the old empire, that immediately two successor states declared war on Liang. Since I had no to time to really play the game, some observations from the direct start:

1.) Some of the great realms are already shown fractured to some extent, as if some dukes / counts have not been assigned as vasalls to said realm. e.g.: France, Germany, the Ummayads (?) and surely the Abbasids. I am no expert in medieval history of said era, but it kind of looks not intended, that the Abbasids rule parts of Egypt, some bit of Syria, the heart of Iraq, parts of Persia and parts of nowadays Saudi-Arabia without any land connection. So, have they really been that fractured by that time period or are some vasalls just hanging loosely because they are missing their top-liege?

Here some screenshots plus explanations:

Middle-East as seen in the startscreen
Middle-East startscreen.jpg

Middle-East as seen ingame:

Middle-East in game.jpg

Western-Europe start screen:
Western Europe startscreen.jpg

Western Europe ingame:
Western Europe ingame.jpg

So in case of Europe, what seems kinda off is the fact of this independent counties in northern Lombardy, independent Saxony, the complete dissolution of France and maybe the situation in Iberia.

Something is going on in case of the EREs border-region to Bulgaria. While the latter appears as a united kingdom in the startscreen, it is fractured once the game has actually started:

ERE-startscreen:
20200129085107_1.jpg

ERE ingame:
Middle-East in game.jpg

I want to really stress the point, that I am thoroughly hyped OP. I am eager to see the rest of China added.
And, on a sidenote: At least for the first 100 years or so, neither did I experience a CTD nor serious lag. My machine is not high-end, rather modest to be honest.

So, have they really been that fractured by that time period or are some vasalls just hanging loosely because they are missing their top-liege?
Those titles indeed don't have an accurate liege specified in the files. I guess it will be a major problem for people after all, so I will think what to do with it.

Most of the problems you highlight Farbolo is because some of the SWMH files are not completely set up to support ANY start between 867 and 935 or between 937 and 993

Those titles indeed don't have an accurate liege specified in the files. I guess it will be a major problem for people after all, so I will think what to do with it.

Most of the problems you highlight Farbolo is because some of the SWMH files are not completely set up to support ANY start between 867 and 935 or between 937 and 993

I do not know, how far-reaching this problem is and how much work it would entail to complete the SWMH files in order to generate a browsable timeline between 867.1.1 and 960.2.4. But supposing that this problem could exist also for the myriad of smaller realms that do not directly hit the eye, your work on Easter Asia would have to be complemented by a extensive focus on the existing SWMH files, too. This appears to be a Herculean task for one person. One, that would also lead you away from the area you wanted to focus upon.
So maybe, as a cautious suggestion: how about, if you'd focus on generating playable bookmarks instead of covering the whole timeline you originally envisaged? I suppose that could save you quite some time and still offer the most iconic and important dates in the history of East Asia for players to immerse themselves in.

Well the easy way to deal with it, is to place them under the top liege and give control of the province to the top liege. That should be fairly simple to achieve. It won't be the same level of SWMH detail, obviously, but it seems like its simplicity that you are suggesting

qq qun?
Sorry to ask, I put the folder and *.mod file in the /mod , but it wasn't shown on the game launcher.
How to install it correctly?
That should do the trick. Are you sure it's the exactly same folder as HIP? The folder and .mod file are both named Wudai Tongzhi, right?
It should look like this:
mPtmreW.png

这mod文件叫wudaitongzhi,启动器里面叫英文的。
不好意思。

开hipmod和这个mod,选非洲人,开宗教界面直接跳出。
谢谢,今天我试修改这个问题。这个非洲人是什么宗教吗?
Thanks, today I'll try yo fix this issue. That African character had which religion?

If anyone else can confirm a crash on religious screen when playing as African character, then it would be much appreciated. I didn't make any changes there, so I wonder what might be the issue. I can't check it until the evening though.

EDIT: It was just an installation error.

Last edited:
Hi guys, just posting here to confirm that the mod is still being worked on. In the previous year I had a lot of free time during work hours, so I could quickly add new characters, work on history files and read chronicles. Unortunately, lately threre's quite a lot of paperwork pilling up on my desk, so I can't spend too much time on the mod.

That doesn't mean that there has been no progress. I've been revisiting Zizhi Tongjian to collect the historical facts on the rest of the China and I've already extracted all the info for years 867-926, so I'm around 66% complete there. Once I'm finished with ZZTJ, I'll start working on adding the mentioned characters along with their families as well as updating the title history. I plan to make dev diaries as I finish each Jiedushi title or I find other interesting things to write about (I'm also open for suggestions).

As a teaser, here's a WIP of the planned expansion in China:
Au6KGy9.jpg

Tianxia had navigable rivers, I'm not sure yet whether I'm gonna keep those. Maybe I'll readd them at a later stage.
The light blue parts of the ocean are spots where land was in Tianxia mod, but I moved the coastline to conform better to the historical one. I also hand drawn the coastline to be more detailed.
Rivers will be also redrawn by me.

out of curiosity, is there anyway I can re-enable the Jade Dragon Chinese Empire menu and all the events and mechanics that come with it? I have no problem with inconsistencies between that and the history added by this mod; I just don't like having mechanics and features cut from mods for any reason

out of curiosity, is there anyway I can re-enable the Jade Dragon Chinese Empire menu and all the events and mechanics that come with it? I have no problem with inconsistencies between that and the history added by this mod; I just don't like having mechanics and features cut from mods for any reason
Try deleting 00_offmap_powers.txt from \Wudai Tongzhi\common\offmap_powers.

Version 0.9.1 released

Link in the OP updated.

Changelog:
- Expanded the list of Chinese names
- Added more than 900 historical characters including:
Southern Tang Imperial family, Ma clan of Southern Chu, Qian clan of Wuyue, Southern Han Imperial family, Wei Zhou (韋宙) and together with him all descendants of Wei Jin (韋津, General of Northern Zhou) of Jingzhao Wei clan, Pang Xun (龐勛), Liaodong branch of Zhaojun Li, Gui Renhui (歸仁晦) and Wujun Gui clan, Yan Kan (顏衎) and Langye Yan clan, sons and daughers of Emperors Wenzong, Jingzong, Wuzong, Xianzong, Muzong of Tang, Guo Ziyi (郭子儀) and his descendants of Huayin Guo clan and many others
- Tons of title and character history corrections

As you guys will notice above, I got really sidetracked with adding ancestors of the characters in the game. I wouldn't be surprised if as many as 60% or more of all characters I added is unplayable... but from the good news I also have completed the title and character history of all Jiedushi in Shandong and Henan between 867-977 and of the 10 kingdoms I'm yet to add only Min/Yin kingdom Wang clan to the game. So, unless I get sidetracked again I should be ready to start writing some Dev Diaries in the same form as the previous one quite soon.

Last edited:
When do you think you'll complete and release the Chinese map update, because that'll seal the golden deal for me to play this mod
I won't give a relase date, there's still a lot of things to do. The Tang era rulers are the biggest hurdle because they most often come with aristocratic families, who have quite well preserved records and sometimes the branches have common ancestor as far back as Han dynasty (in case of Langye Yan the ancestor was actually a disciple of Confucius, so that's even further back in time). So, those take quite a while to add. Also, since I now have whole China mapped whenever I find an info that someone's ancestor ruled a province or holding, I also add that info to the game.

Of things left to finish: Jiedushi of Hubei, Hunan, Guangxi, Guangdong, Jiangxi, Zhejiang, Fujian. That's give or take 20 ducal titles. Also I've to finish reprojecting the provinces and redrawing rivers and coasts. I'll probably postpone the addition of Korea, Balhae and Vietnam for 1.1, but even then it's gonna take at least until May before China itself is finished.

It also depends heavily on how much free time I'll have, so we will see.