• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I didn't see any discussion about how islamic splits into shiite and sunni. I know there is a rather buggy event in the wtwsms events file, did you expand on that or revamp it entirely?
It may be simpler to avoid having to split Islam and do something like what CK2 plus does with Greek/Latin rite traits as a way to split up the faithful.
Depending on who votes for Ali in the Shura decides who the initial Sunnis and Shias are.

I think it will be important to have an actual religious split to fit into the vanilla portrayal in CK2, as well as to not have later Sunni caliphs portrayed as religious heads for all Muslims once the faith starts splintering.

Right now though, I don't have much included. I've put in a trait shiat_ali that a few characters start with who are warmer to the Alids/view them as rightful caliphs. However, I still need to expand so that can trait can propogate and then later be used to tag who should turn Shiite.

I'm thinking for simplicity (/localisation reasons) that Sunni and Shiite will stay with our definitions so if say Islamic Caliph is an Alid then they'll eventually turn Shiite.

• 1Like
Reactions:
How old is WTWSMS's version of the Finland/Russia map?

I think CK2 patch 3.0 (alongside Holy Fury) is where there was a massive overhaul of the vanilla map. So pre-Nov 2018.

I meant when it was last updated before that.

Last edited:
The Steppe and the Remainder Preview
The Steppe and the Remainder Preview

e30a25e65ca8bdfe6db232c21d72379892e0ddd0.png

By far, the most powerful ruler in the Steppe is Dulu, Khagan of Onoq or the Western Turkic Khaganate. His large, multi-ethnic realm stretches from Khazaria to the edge of the Tarim Basin.

bf48e4147d255ba51ca8db5e219ff6bc32d00fa3.png

Dulu is part of the House Ashina which also boasts the suboordinate rulers of Khazaria and Tokharistan (a brother and cousin of Dulu, respectively).

6261e52a123232aca45cb577167645d047eb5966.png

7e980799a09df7f5c2adb578418cf88e466bbf78.png

One other historical nomadic power of note is that of the Xueyantuo, successors of a sort to the Eastern Turkic Khaganate.

20aeba1119f1ffe87477850275f92b8743743906.png

A Confucian Han start is still possible with as the king of Gaochang. Tang forces, as the Western Protectorate, are also due to meddle shortly in affairs on the eastern edge of the map.

09b331df1f6ed7f05486f3c78c764648212ca5ca.png

Religious map:
a3adac5ec728615785c6bd3416cebc5ad32b66cd.png

Cultural map:
c06601dc79b5293360a548ff1dfbf096f552b932.png

• 4Like
Reactions:
Congrats on releasing the first version of the sub-mod! Happy Boxing Day!

• 4Like
Reactions:
Great submod.

I'm in 10th century now tho and the Great Schism event happened which absolutely nuked my playthrough as the Visigoths

because of the popups of presumably every bishop in the entire game being shown to the player

I noticed that when trying to see if I can use some of that code for handling sunni shia split.

I think it's actually related to this: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...n-a-random-new-bishop-usurping-title.1138688/

I'm thinking that because the pop-ups are about about bishops usurping the title from existing bishops who have been converted.

There is a fix of sorts that does exist for vanilla, so I can see if perhaps I can incorporate something similar for the schism.

• 1Like
Reactions:
This looks great! I must try it after finishing my current campaign. Also, this makes me think that a WtWSMS to Vanilla converter would be a great thing to have. I think that playing the 633 till the Iron Age bookmark or the Old Gods bookmark and then switching to more stable mechanics of the vanilla could lead to some epic mega campaigns.

This looks great! I must try it after finishing my current campaign. Also, this makes me think that a WtWSMS to Vanilla converter would be a great thing to have. I think that playing the 633 till the Iron Age bookmark or the Old Gods bookmark and then switching to more stable mechanics of the vanilla could lead to some epic mega campaigns.
I feel like the map differences alone would make that difficult.

I probably could import WtWSMS's map to Vanilla. I guess I'd have to rework dejure maps and that would be a load of work. And the map would make it difficult to convert to EU4. I guess if I suddenly have a load of time on my hands, but otherwise it's probably wiser to play the mod on its own.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Just a note to say that I'm still hard at work on this. Have some new content that I'm trying to finalise as well as been on quite the bughunt - some of the fixes to-date:
  • Adjusted dejure lieges so all kingdoms in Britain, France, Germany, Italy and Scandinavia are part of a dejure empire
  • Fixed duplicate character entries by deleting some vanilla han characters already in WtWSMS main mod files
  • Fixed duplicate kingdom entries by removing duplicate entry of k_tuyuhun, k_aquitaine and k_kashmir
  • Fixed entry where Tuareg ruler had history entry of marriage to his son before his birth to boot!
  • Fixed issue of same ID Being used for two indentical Pictish characters, as well as same ID for two Turkish characters
  • Fixed issue of duplicate baronies when new provinces were added in Kashmir/Nepal, as well as duplicate entry of c_kasmira!
  • Fixed issue of missing duchy entries in technology folder for duchies added in eastern portion of map (Nepal/Tibet)
  • Fixed religion entry for Sanatruk Ochamchira where wrong command was used to set religion
  • Removed on_action files that had not been modified from main WtWSMS mod
  • Reverted Eadwine Yffing and his family back to Chalcedonian as conversion had come from Rome not Iona
  • Set multiple titles in WtWSMS_kingdoms.txt to be formable

• 1Like
Reactions:
In a bit of an odd bug, I realised that I accidentally married two different Merovingian princesses to King Eadbald of Kent. :oops:

We've Emma (1), daughter of Theodebert II and then Emma (2), daughter of Chlothar II.

f6a3e269fffee621d08bbdc9a95b42e5c44e2485.png
fafa3aa1be334564a87eae9eb96f093651cdeafc.png

From wiki, looks like there is some confusion in sources often merging the two / potentially that neither Emma married Eadbald (or rather that Emma 2 was actually not a daughter of Chlothar II).

I'm thinking I'll end up following per the source below, such that Emma (from Theodebert II) is married to Adoald of the Lombards and then Emma (from Chlothar II) keeps all the children of the Emmas and is the one married to Eadbald.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Should Heraclius be hated by his subjects? I would have thought that ending the war with the Sassanids and reclaiming the true cross would have made it more likely for them to be positively disposed towards him. At the very least he should have high temple vassal opinion. I’m saying this because playing as Heraclius het’s me more revolts than I can shake a stick at the moment i try and do a little rearrangement of my closest vassals.