• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Snow Crystal

Design Lead - Crusader Kings 3
Paradox Staff
63 Badges
Jan 22, 2018
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
Hello there!

For users of Sublime, we have made some helpful tools when it comes to Scripting in Imperator. All you need to do is to download the '1.3 - Neve Imperator Script.zip', open Sublime, click 'Preferences' in the top bar, then 'Browse Packages' in the drop down menu, open the 'User' folder and extract everything from the .zip in that folder.

Color Highlighting

With the tools you'll have color highlighting, to more easily show you the different types of effects, triggers etc we have in our Script. You will have Effects in red, Triggers and Modifiers in yellow, Scopes/Event Targets in blue, and base Script in purple.

Completion

At any point you can click CTRL + Space to open a search function, where you can find all modifiers, triggers, effects, event targets and scopes.

Snippets

With these tools you will have a lot of snippets that will quickly help you set up the framework of what you want to do. These will be initiated when you write a small word, and click the Tab button. Then it will have a number of fields you will have to fill in, either with words or numbers. Click tab when you are done with a field, and it will put you to the next field that needs to be filled in.
  • Cevent + Tab | country_event + Tab - The framework for a country event
  • character_event + Tab - The framework of a character event
  • Pevent + Tab | province_event + Tab - The framework of a province event
  • mission + Tab - The framework of a mission
  • if + Tab - Framework of an if clause

Attachments

• 1.3 - Neve Imperator Script.zip
    28,5 KB · Views: 125
  • 1.4 - Neve Imperator Script.zip
    29,8 KB · Views: 48
  • 1.5 - Neve Imperator Script.zip
    31,3 KB · Views: 0
  • 6Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Sorry, is anybody getting it to work? I don't (Sublime Text 3.2.2, Win10 x64) I've all copied in the User folder (where several packages from me already are, but installed per Package Control). It appears nothing. (copied also this PDXComments.tmPreference thing)

EDIT: Ok, I see now under Syntax this Neve thing appears (very few keywords are highlighted) and after selecting the Snippets also work. Thanks

Last edited:
Very cool and very helpful! It's a shame since I use Notepad ++ though. ;)

copied and pasted files to user folder and tried extracting them to the user folder. keep getting an error message Error loading syntax file "Packages/User/1.4-Neve Imperator Script/NeveScriptImperator.sublime-syntax". Unable to read Packages/User/1.4-NeveImperator
Script/NeveScriptImperator.sublime-syntax

Last edited:
As a former shameful Notepad++ user, I can now say I have converted to Sublime Text and loving it. These tools are a wonderful thing to have, thank you very much!

Quick note to anyone else who is new to Sublime: I was a little confused with the installation instructions - code wasn't highlighting and snippets weren't working. But I realised an important step was missing: you have to also enable the Neve Imperator syntax.

After you extract the zip file to the Packages\User folder, navigate to View -> Syntax -> Neve Imperator Highlighter (whichever version you have).

This enables all of the functionality listed in the OP.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Quick note to anyone else who is new to Sublime: I was a little confused with the installation instructions - code wasn't highlighting and snippets weren't working. But I realised an important step was missing: you have to also enable the Neve Imperator syntax.

After you extract the zip file to the Packages\User folder, navigate to View -> Syntax -> Neve Imperator Highlighter (whichever version you have).

This enables all of the functionality listed in the OP.

Really? I've never had to do that :eek:

As a former shameful Notepad++ user, I can now say I have converted to Sublime Text and loving it. These tools are a wonderful thing to have, thank you very much!
I've tried sublime a few times but it doesn't make much difference to notepad++
Especially when not updated regularly. It's just different background mostly

Reactions:
Hi I'm new to the modding community and I'm having trouble getting this to work. I've downloaded both Sublime 3 & 4 and I've tried downloading each version in the OP to no avail; is there something I'm doing wrong? (Win10x64) Edit: specifically after I've downloaded each version and click on preferences > browse packages and click on "User" nothing shows up.

Last edited: