• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Valyrian freehold dragon portraits are a bit bugged. All the portraits are blank, I've seen one with a human portrait. They still seem to act as dragons though.
Edit: My son just hatched an egg and it has a child portrait.
Edit edit: Nevermind my fault, had a few mods left active from my vanilla game. All sorted!

Last edited:
Although the Westeros Only sub-mod is nice, I think it removes too much. Instead, may I suggest a variant of it that only removes everything east of Qarth? Were I to make one, which files would I have to edit?

I've installed the extra bookmark submod, but it's not loading in the mod selector on the launcher. Is there something else I was supposed to do... ?

Make absolutely sure you've put your mods in the right directory, which depends on your operating system.
Per the wiki:
  • Windows: ~\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\mod\
  • Linux: ~/.paradoxinteractive/Crusader Kings II/mod/
  • Mac: ~/Documents/Paradox Interactive/Crusader Kings II/mod/
If you're still having trouble getting your launcher mod list to update, I think you might be having a problem with Steam cloud sync. This has happened to me before and here is how I fixed it:

1) disable steam cloud sync.
2) delete your local installation of CKII
3) make sure all local configuration files have been purged. You can be sure by deleting these entire folders, but be aware that this would nuke your save gaves too:
  • Windows: ~\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\
  • Linux: ~/.paradoxinteractive/Crusader Kings II/
  • Mac: ~/Documents/Paradox Interactive/Crusader Kings II/
4) Re-install CKII
5) Re-enable steam cloud sync
6) Repopulate your mod folder listed in step 3

Bug: I went on a foreign tour in the Scouring of Lorath bookmark and it had me visiting ruined provinces, being greeted by the ruin, etc.
Working as intended indeed

Hi,

Just a quick bug I've got not related to any version error. I'm currently playing as a First man in the Third Ghiscari War around the area of Harrenhal (Godsfort), and I face the issues related to Harrenhal even if it wasn't built at the time (only 5000 years later : P). Trying to improve the forts will get them back to being ruins and such, which shouldn't happen.

Great work, by the way. Enjoying the latest GoT release already!

Hi,

Just a quick bug I've got not related to any version error. I'm currently playing as a First man in the Third Ghiscari War around the area of Harrenhal (Godsfort), and I face the issues related to Harrenhal even if it wasn't built at the time (only 5000 years later : P). Trying to improve the forts will get them back to being ruins and such, which shouldn't happen.

Great work, by the way. Enjoying the latest GoT release already!

Yeah, that's an old one, shows up in all of the pre-doom bookmarks. I've played as a custom ruler of the actual lordship as early as the Andal Invasions (the Ghiscari Wars are new to me) and run into that before.

Hadn't played with any of the bookmark mods yet, getting crashes consistently about 2 days in every time i try to play with Andal Invasion on.
Base GoT seems to work fine with 3.1 but this Scouring of Lorath bookmark I really want to play just wont let me :( I'll try downgrading back to 3.0.1 and see if I can get at least a year of pillage with it.

EDIT: It might actually be a problem with the Old Way society, It keeps kicking me and crashing the game shortly after on most bookmarks even on base AGoT mod
Might just try out the Rh'llor until next major update

Last edited:
Are the andal northman and hedge culture in the submod yet?

The "Hedge" culture misses capitalization so it should be "Hedge" instead of "hedge", i think this culture is an Andal version of the Ironborn