• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Do you need to be on a particular version of CK2 for the submods to work? I am Experiencing the Aurion the Pirate Emperor bug. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Where is the valyrian freehold submod? As far as I can tell, only the .mod file is in the download link.
I have the same problem - the bookmarks submod download completely lacks the Valyrian Freehold folder.

While playing the Valyrian freehold submid at the Before the Fall bookmark, half of the court of the Daynes die on day 1 and all my saves corrupted.

Edit: After checking all the comments it seems they're aware of that submod being prblematic and removed it.

Last edited:
Yeah I'm wondereing when the next update will be so we can get the fixed bookmarks. I also wonder what new additions and or other fixes we will see. Personally I hate the new way the Velyrons, Celtigars and other Valyrians in Westeros are scripted to basically breed out their Valyrian traits. they don't even try to keep the Blood pure anymore.

Yeah I'm wondereing when the next update will be so we can get the fixed bookmarks. I also wonder what new additions and or other fixes we will see. Personally I hate the new way the Velyrons, Celtigars and other Valyrians in Westeros are scripted to basically breed out their Valyrian traits. they don't even try to keep the Blood pure anymore.
An update will be soon after I get through the bug reports and finish some pre-doom submod improvements :)

So what happened to that original Century of Blood bookmark from the first attempt at the sub-mod with the timing set during the war with the Battle of Six Kings?

If you're referring to the Durrandon/Teague war in Westeros. It is now at it's correct place in the timeline as a bookmark in the Valyrian Freehold submod.

If you're referring to the Durrandon/Teague war in Westeros. It is now at it's correct place in the timeline as a bookmark in the Valyrian Freehold submod.
Oh okay cool that makes sense then. I hadn't tried to play that one because, the dragon issues. Tbh the only one that's really playable bc of the dragon issues is Andal Invasion.

Hello, Ive just got a question, I think it might be a bug, in the Century of Blood submod as the Dragon emperor Aerion of Yi-Ti, but I keep running into an event where my emperor just abdicates, and runs off to some random backwoods hole, and there seems to be no reason as to why its happened. Its repeatable, so on the 8th of January I just get a random succession for no apparent reason. No factions, no plots, no mention as to why it happened. Just a pissed off council and numerous half-siblings. Is this just some feature I havent discovered before? or is it a bug? has anyone else run into it?

Heeyyy is the Valyrian Steel search quest bugged out and uncompletable on bookmarks pre-Doom? Bc in Andal Invasion era I haven't had a single event fire past the "Interaction with Chosen companion on ship" event in a full year and I'm stuck "on a quest overseas" it seems

You download the submods and then run whichever one you want to play alongside the main mod.
I probably should have specified this question a lot better. I have the bookmarks submod downloaded onto my downloads portion of my files. My big thing is where does it go so it will appear on the mod menu when I activate it? I ask because I would rather not screw up the main mod file, and have to reinstall everything again.

I probably should have specified this question a lot better. I have the bookmarks submod downloaded onto my downloads portion of my files. My big thing is where does it go so it will appear on the mod menu when I activate it? I ask because I would rather not screw up the main mod file, and have to reinstall everything again.

Put the folders and the .MOD files into your "Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\mod" folder.