• Crusader Kings III Available Now!

The realm rejoices as Paradox Interactive announces the launch of Crusader Kings III, the latest entry in the publisher’s grand strategy role-playing game franchise. Advisors may now jockey for positions of influence and adversaries should save their schemes for another day, because on this day Crusader Kings III can be purchased on Steam, the Paradox Store, and other major online retailers.

Real Strategy Requires Cunning

magritte2

Passive Surrealist
27 Badges
May 22, 2007
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Cities: Skylines
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Deus Vult
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
I've started to accumulate some money but I don't know how to use it. There are two different places to buy things that I've come across. There's shop in the upper left where you can buy items that appear on the screen like snacks and stuff. Some of these are said to have gameplay effects, but when I bought one (a pizza), I couldn't figure out how to use it. Clicking on it didn't do anything. The other place to buy stuff is the cauldron icon when you're in a town, but whenever I clicked on an item thinking I would like to buy it, it told me none of my characters could use it, so I haven't been able to get any more healing items. Also, I'm finding these grindstones, but I'm told them to the blacksmith, but I don't know where I can find a blacksmith--do I have to travel to a different town?

The game is cute, but it really needs more explanation to get players started. It took me quite a while to figure out that when you kill monsters, objects appear on the sides of the screen that you need to click on, so I've been leaving all kinds of treasure behind.