• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Turn your eyes to england and snatch ireland and eastern iceland!

Good AAR, I learned few things here. Please continue! I'd like to know how you handle France, because it's hyper-blobbing in my latest game.

For fighting france...

You should build a big fleet so you can blockade every port.
Then use your army to defend your puppets against france so they don't get annexed.
Once your puppets have captured a few provinces make peace and make france release a nation or 2... Then after the truce is over do it all over again...

I am sorry to see that this AAR has stopped. It has been good to learn from.

Two questions: I can not start so early and I can not find the task option list in my version. Why?

I am sorry to see that this AAR has stopped. It has been good to learn from.

Two questions: I can not start so early and I can not find the task option list in my version. Why?

It is probably because you have not installed In Nomine. In nomine is the second expansion pack. So, Install EU III, install napoleons ambition, install In nominee and then install the newest patch.

Thanks! I have done that and ready to start up!
Do someone know other learning AARs as good as this, I find it very well written and its sad that it ended so suddenly.

my guess is that the 3.1 upgrade messed up the game, but it's only a guess...

Wow, it's been a while since I poked my head in here. *Cue "embarrassed" emoticon*

I know this reply is long late, but I figured I would address a couple of things anyway. This is indeed part of what happened, although there were a lot of things going on that, combined, conspired to cause the end of this AAR. When I got the 3.1 update, I actually copied my entire installation so that I could have a 3.0 version (for this AAR) and a 3.1 version (to fiddle with as I so desired). This went on for a bit, but I eventually got caught up in my 3.1 game (as Novgorod/Russia) and ended up with that as my "go-to" game when I had some time to kill.

However, there were also some real-life things going on that occupied a lot of my attention, and between the version upgrade, work, stress from being somewhere I really didn't want to be (and doing something I didn't want to do), I ended up just letting this game slip, and slip, and slip, until it had eventually slipped far enough that I completely moved on to other things and didn't think about it anymore. I definitely enjoyed playing this game and writing this AAR, and I'm thrilled that people enjoyed reading it and got a lot of use from it. Aside from "continue until 1821", I would say that it certainly achieved all of the goals I set for it at the beginning and then some.

I've recently gotten back into Crusader Kings, and I might get back into some EU3 soon, too. God knows I've probably forgotten so many things about the game in the last 8-or-so months that it would be downright embarrassing for me to try to pick up right where I left off, but who knows -- I might need to write another one of these just to learn the game again. :p

Cheers,
Walker