• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
That patch did fix the teleporter for me but another issue has come up. I did the quests down below and killed Reef-Talon for Jaspos and the quest says to report back to him but when I do that he just says some speech bubble overhead saying he has nothing to say to me. I didn't give him the knapping tools and I didn't give Wagstaff the book but both of them say a generic speech bubble saying they want nothing to do with me.

I would go get the knapping tools but now the world map has locked me out of that area and Wagstaff won't open a dialogue with me at all. So basically my quest says to report in to Jaspos and I'm stuck. Here's my save that's in front of him. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• Vargas bf61f18d10844d0397914963b704522e .savegame
    15,4 MB · Views: 20
Hello all,

Just a quick update that the fix for this was included in last night's patch. If you had already experienced the issue on your playthrough, you may need to return to the settlement in Bastard's Wound to trigger the fix we put in.

If you are still experiencing this issue, please let me know!

Thank you for your patience,
David

@Obsidian_David, Unfortunately I am still hitting the issue described by Irrose here:

I've attached a save file where I had the problem.
While trying to get around this bug, I encountered a second glitch where if you do the quest about the Insipid Moniker (I forget the quest name) before entering the Darkened Hollow, none of the teleporters will ever take you to the main section of the Darkened Hollow.

This is the sequence of quests that I undertook

1. Started History of the Oldwalls: Part I. (Did not get the key from IM yet)
2. Started Gambler's Ruin
3. Started Midnight Wanderer
4. Completed Midnight Wanderer (Obtained History of the Oldwalls key from IM)
5. Completed Gambler's Ruin
6. Used the eastern teleport in BW.
6a. From the minimap, chosen The Abyss as the destination (only possible choice excluding the outpost areas)
7. Landed on the platform under Reef-Talon and obtained the Lazu stone
8. Extended bottom left bridge and obtained the Cymo keystone
9. Extended top right bridge
10. The portal marked as Darkened Hollow on the map leads me to the blood pit from Midnight Wanderer instead, leaving me unable to access Darkened Hollow and complete the quest.

This happens with the latest patch 1.2.0.0131, and I never accessed these areas before installing the patch.
Attaching a savegame.

Could you Obsidian guys look into it?
Thanks!

Attachments

• Aegon 6e439da337714101a8230d1a1f60fc64 quicksave.savegame
    14,9 MB · Views: 17

Aaand, looks like I am in the Darkened Hollow now....? :confused:

I kept on moving in the Fractured Depths until I got the FD keystone, teleported back to the Abyss and from there used the same Depth teleport that was leading me to the Midnight Wanderer area...
Found myself in the Darkened Hollow -left teleport- instead.

I will continue this way and see where it will lead me.
At this point I am not sure if there are bugs or if I missed some obvious gimmick in traversing the area?

As a side-note, I found myself being able to move underwater in the Depths o_O

As a side-note, I found myself being able to move underwater in the Depths o_O

You mean, like this (screenshot)?
362960_20170914061441_1.png

Hello all,

@McRadness, I am sorry about that. We actually applied a patch for that issue recently, but it did not restore saves that had already hit the bug. I have just applied a manual fix to your save (attached) in which the NPCs should now react correctly.

@Morla & @Hawke64, thank you for the info about the underwater bug, we will investigate that one further. @Hawke64 do you have a save in which this is still happening? It may be helpful in solving how to reproduce and fix the issue.

Thank you for your help and patience as we work to resolve these issues,
David

Attachments

• Vargas 21b16a6a391a4b8996fd142456ae7823 quicksave.savegame
    15,4 MB · Views: 24
Hello all,

@McRadness, I am sorry about that. We actually applied a patch for that issue recently, but it did not restore saves that had already hit the bug. I have just applied a manual fix to your save (attached) in which the NPCs should now react correctly.

@Morla & @Hawke64, thank you for the info about the underwater bug, we will investigate that one further. @Hawke64 do you have a save in which this is still happening? It may be helpful in solving how to reproduce and fix the issue.

Thank you for your help and patience as we work to resolve these issues,
David

Hi David,

The save I attached in a previous post is affected by the underwater bug.
Simply go to the Depths using the leftmost teleport in the Abyss.

As a bonus, in the save you should also see that the Darkened Hollow teleport in the Abyss will move you to the wrong location (the small Midnight Wanderer area).
This is fixed when you drain the water in the depths.

I have a similar issue, I can't go back to Darkened Hollow to finish Night Wanderer quest after getting the chorus charm needed for the firewall.
This happened around the same time where I completed or was still completing Gambler's Ruin, the southern portal just keeps bringing me back to the Fractured Depths area where that beastmen died, choosing the option of waiting til evening with Eisly doesn't help as well

I've encountered this bug with the teleporters last night. It seem that I completed the available quests in an unintended sequence, which has stopped me from accessing the areas other than the abyss.

Any chance I could get some assistance with the attached save file?

Attachments

• Kurzan 8a61f00a6fe74f7ca116e0a9d0609d11 .savegame
    12,2 MB · Views: 22
Hello @Kurz,

I am sorry for the trouble this caused. I believe I have found a way to fix your save (see attached) although if you have any earlier saves you could send my way I would appreciate it. It seems you found a very unique way to cause this issue that is not fully accounted for, so we'd like to patch a fix for other players. Any additional saves or info related to how this occurred (i.e. the order in which you did quests) would be very helpful.

-David

Attachments

• Kurzan f287ba3fe8954647982257ce56e06159 quicksave.savegame
    12,2 MB · Views: 23
Hi David,

Thank you for your help, you have fixed my game! I believe my quest order completion was (SPOILERS):

1. Tide Together (Let Phoibe go)
2. Knapping on the Job (Let Cassandra keep the tools)
3. Midnight Wanderer (Killed Insipid Monicker and released the Beastmen)
4. Water Intoxication (Reported both Lunet and Kleitos with evidence)
5. Used the teleporter for History of the Old Walls Part 1 to go to The Abyss
6. Gambler's Ruin (I found the item on the beastman before accepting the quest)

Unfortunately I do not have any other save files from earlier as they overwritten.

Thank you @Kurz! And glad to hear the fix worked. Did you complete all of those quests on the latest build? or did you start some around the time the DLC launched? We actually put in a fix for a bug in one of our patches that should have prevented this, but if you started some before that fix went live, that might explain how this happened to you but not others.
David