• Crusader Kings II Expansion Subscription

Subscribe to the CK II Expansion and enjoy unlimited access to 13 major expansions and more!

• Crusader Kings III Available Now!

The realm rejoices as Paradox Interactive announces the launch of Crusader Kings III, the latest entry in the publisher’s grand strategy role-playing game franchise. Advisors may now jockey for positions of influence and adversaries should save their schemes for another day, because on this day Crusader Kings III can be purchased on Steam, the Paradox Store, and other major online retailers.

Real Strategy Requires Cunning
Apr 27, 2009
It would appear that this title is no longer supported, but regardless it can't hurt to ask right?

After the first level, my ship gets stuck in shadow mode. At first I could work around it by continuously heating up the ship, but now it is stuck. Nothing I do will change the mode.

If I reload the first mission I don't have this problem, but as soon as I beat the mission, and I begin the next one, its stuck. Is there some setting in a file that I could change? I noticed there are quite a few files with readable text...

I am running Windows XP SP3, 2 GB ram, Core 2 duo 2.2 Ghz processor, NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT graphics card...

If anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear them :)

thanks!

Apr 27, 2009
Thanks for replying.
I googled the problem before posting here and found a reference to this problem:
http://www.ccgr.org/reviews-mainmenu-31/13-computer/5001-d
Its the only place I was able to find that referred to it...The way he fixed it was to go back to a level that didn't have the problem and continue from there...
I have tried that and it doesn't work for me, I have also tried your suggestion and have not been successful.

This is a pretty cool game if I can ever get this issue resolved....I think I'm going to try and play the game from Vista and see if that has any effect...I kind of doubt it but I can't really think of anything else :-\

Nikolai II

A bunny with a hat
121 Badges
Nov 18, 2001
www.giantitp.com
  • Hearts of Iron II: Beta
  • 200k Club
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • BATTLETECH - Backer
  • War of the Roses
  • Lead and Gold
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Divine Wind
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Magicka
  • Rome: Vae Victis
Going back to a level that didn't have the problem.. in your case that would be starting anew?

And trying to reinstall the game might help too, if something has been corrupted. And shutting down extraneous programs running in the background?