Struggling greatly with metro lines

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

phoenixsoap

Corporal
9 Badges
Jul 22, 2022
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
Hello,

I can't get metro lines to work on a reliable basis. I've spent hours trying to modify the train lines slightly and most of them still don't work. How do people get metro lines to work without using any addons? Do they just have to be completely straight?

Also, why can we build metro tracks that won't work? I'd MUCH prefer that if the track shape won't work it just doesn't allow us to build. Having it be a guessing game where you build/bulldoze/build/bulldoze over and over again for hours just to get one stretch of track to work isn't fun and doesn't feel very realistic

However, aside from this criticism I'd like to say this is a very fun game and I am thoroughly impressed. It has a lot of the fun I enjoyed from Sim City with a modern take and modern features I really enjoy. So please keep up the good work! Just maybe tweak metro lines a little bit?

Thanks

when you say you can't get them to work what happens exactly? maybe screenshots might help. you certainly don't need mods

Reactions:
Are you trying anything special with them??
When making junctions with curves it is possible to make a bend that is too tight, even with vanilla. And have you set a route??
I think you might be having hassle with the bit of straight track coming out of the stations, its the most likely section to get swerly
Or you cant get things to join after building from both directions, this is most likely a height issue. Change your height snaping to minimum step

Dont be so upset about demolitions of buildings, they will grow back. Probably with same building when all you did was steal a corner off a 4x4 plot
Mono gives the best bendy friendly building and the track width doesnt steal as much either side
But things should be fairly easy to build curvy so please expand on what you are struggling with

Hello,

I can't get metro lines to work on a reliable basis. I've spent hours trying to modify the train lines slightly and most of them still don't work. How do people get metro lines to work without using any addons? Do they just have to be completely straight?

You need to be way more specific:

Are trains spawning at all?

Do you have stops setup?

Do you Metro Overhaul Mod (MOM)?

Do they go straight, then stop at the corner?

Also, why can we build metro tracks that won't work? I'd MUCH prefer that if the track shape won't work it just doesn't allow us to build. Having it be a guessing game where you build/bulldoze/build/bulldoze over and over again for hours just to get one stretch of track to work isn't fun and doesn't feel very realistic

They have always worked for me. However they may not do what I want them to do. But that is an AI gaming issue.

Maybe post pictures?

Post a saved game?

Post the mods you are using?

But a saved game will be the quickest solution so we can see what is going on in your city then advise you of some options.

• 1Like
Reactions: