• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

StoneColdCroat

Sergeant
Jan 24, 2014
g20gfhb.jpg

Germany, December 15th 1944. Once the master of Europe is now on its knees. After five years of war the Reich is now outnumbered on both fronts. Western Allies and the Red Army are advandcing fast. German Reich lost its oil fields in Romania. Bulgaria, Romania and Finland, former allies, turned their back against the Reich and now we are at war with them. Croatia and Italian Social Republic are our only allies and they are not strong enough to defend themselves.
Just hours ago our Fuhrer, Adolf Hitler, accepted the proposal of Chief of Staff of the Army Heinz Guderian. Guderian proposed a plan that called for a classic blitzkrieg attack through the weakly defended Ardennes Mountains aimed at splitting the armies along the U.S.—British lines and capturing Antwerp.
There are a lot of Germans who think that the war is lost. It is not! If Unternehmen Wacht am Rhein successes there is the chance that we can destoroy all Allied forces in France and push them back to the sea. Then all divisions should move to Eastern Front. The Fuhrer still believes in the final victory and there is nothing bad in it!

3r5JoIB.png

Hitler's cabinet

Chapter 1: General Situation
Chapter 2: Offensive in the West
Chapter 3: Encirclement and new Defensive Line

Chapter 4: Happy New Year, Eisenhower!
Chapter 5: Hope is still here
Chapter 6: To Paris!
Chapter 7: Stay Strong!
Chapter 8: Western Magic is Gone
Chapter 9: Failed Offensive

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Fun fact: If you change your Minister of Security to Goebbels, you get the Wunderwaffen event and free blueprints for the secret weapon of your choice.
I suggest the nukes: You're going to need them against the red horde!:D

Well, this will be a challenge.:p

Chapter 1: General Situation

As mentioned before, general situation is not good. Two front war, outnumbered, low morale... Everything is against us. Our ministers and generals are worried about the war and there is a lot of pessimism in Germany. Hitler promised in nationwide address that a "secret weapon" will save Germany. He said that Wehrmacht must stabilize the frontline and then just wait until Germany produces a "secret weapon".

m3Iot0J.png

Last night Führer said that with blitzkrieg we conquered Europe and that with blitzkrieg we will remain the masters of Europe. Along with Unternehmen Wacht am Rhein tommorow two new offensives will begin. Unternehmen Nordwind will be the operation in which we will try to break through American defenses in Franco-Italian border. With this operation we want to help our troops in Ardennes. Second operation, called Case Rot we will try to destroy Bolshevik troops in Pecs because with Pecs in our hands the frontline in Hungary will stabilize.

kblHq8N.png

Another problem that Heinz Guderian and Führer discussed was Army Group Courland. Hitler's first order was that Army Group must fight until bitter end, Guderian conviced him that Army Group Courland should be evacuated as fast possible by sea and air. Kriegsmarine has only 3 transport flotills and Luftwaffe has only 3 transport wings. Hitler agreed and ordered that panzers have to be evacuated first.

oDxqr9k.png

In the meeting with Propaganda Minister Joseph Goebbels, our Führer said that Goebbels must organize effective people's militia called Volkssturm and that they have to be under direct control of Nazi Party in order to boost their morale. They must be under influence of propaganda 24 hours per day. It will conscript males between the ages of 16 to 60 years who aren't already serving in some military unit.

wKr9mBG.png

Our biggest problem is oil. In autumn we lost oil fields in Romania and now we have to rely on our own production which is conversion of energy. It is not very effective and soon we will run out oil. We don't know what to do now. We will try to make an agreement with countries like Argentina that have oil and are not in war with us. Of course, when Unternehmen Wacht am Rhein goes as planned we will try to recover oil fields in Romania.​

Last edited:
This will be magnificent if you do kick out the Allies.

When evacuating Curland, I invaded the island in the North first, then used it to shortened the transportation time. I don't remember exactly, but I lost at the most 2 divisions. That way, the last retreating units can do it towards the TRs.

When evacuating Curland, I invaded the island in the North first, then used it to shortened the transportation time. I don't remember exactly, but I lost at the most 2 divisions. That way, the last retreating units can do it towards the TRs.

Saaremaa and Hiiumaa.

It would be nice to rename the divisions - because now these are Luftwaffe field divisions.
Or change the story.