• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Tur8oed

Second Lieutenant
Apr 30, 2020
I'm thinking of a challenge on obtaining a maximum number of bloodlines in a single game. Naturally this means you need both created and historical bloodlines. Collecting the historical ones is pretty straight-forward; all you need is a central location and some raiding and bribing.

But how to get the absolute most possible created bloodlines as well? There are so many specific rules you need to meet and sometimes bloodline X blocks out bloodline Y. So I'm thinking of formulating a specific plan how to achieve this goal.

For some reason my starting idea seems to revolve around becoming Kenghis Khan as a nomad invader first, and starting from there.

In order for such a plan to succeed, it needs to be quite specific, so at least the most critical steps need to be done in order and with great effort put into it. I'm hoping you guys will come up with ideas on how to combine the many different achievements needed to get this done. Looking forward to your ideas!

You can always split a stack of bloodlines away from the main character, get some new bloodlines on yourself, then combine them at a later date. So I don't think any bloodlines are truly mutually exclusive. Some may be temporarily disabled because you don't have the right culture or religion but they'll still be on the character, just not active.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Ensure your first character has a lot of sons (and that their family tree continues to produce new generations). This creates a large pool of dynasts with no bloodline.

Change to some form of elective succession. This allows you to switch dynastic branch, eg. to create a new forged bloodline.

Be eligible for sainthood/veneration. (IE: Christian or reformed pagan with heirarchical leadership and eldership.) This allows you to pick up a few saintly bloodlines.

Be a large empire. (Many bloodline conditions require large amounts of piety/prestige.)

Personally own some pagan holy sites. (So it's easier to join warrior lodges and create their bloodlines.)

Prepare to get very VERY bored. (This one's just my personal experience lol.)

Reactions:
I tried something similiar, take a look here.

Here are some relevant Infos:
- Start in Scandinavia with a young Ruler that has at least one Sibling in 769. The Ynglings are a perfect Start for that.
- Either get Tanistry or Eldership Succession ASAP
- Make sure that the Branch without created Bloodlines doesn't die out. Use the Seduction Fokus if neccessary.
- You must play a Germanic Character, since you can't get the Sea King Bloodline and Ancestor Veneration at the same Time otherwise (The Ragnarr Bloodline makes you unable to create the Sea King Bloodline, so don't breed that Bloodline into your Player Character Line)
- Reform the germanic Faith to Warmongering - Ancestor Veneration - Bloodthirsty Gods - Temporal. Warmongering makes it easy to increase the Chance of triggering Ancestor Veneration to 100%. Make sure that your Heir is already Fylkir before you die.
- Stay tribal, hold everything yourself. That increases your dynastic Prestige, making it easier to get to 15000 Prestige to unlock the Forge Bloodline Ambition. Use Retinues to fight.
- Make sure that the Ambition Bloodline is always the first Bloodline you get on a Character.
- To get the Duelist Bloodline, antagonize Chracters that aren't Craven and have the Wroth Trait. They can challenge you to a Duel and if you kill them there, nobody will hate your for it.
- Some Bloodlines that are created through Events, require a specific Religion to trigger the Event but when you switch your Religion while the Event Window is still open (and the Bloodline hasn't been created yet), the Bloodline will be active as long as your Descendants follow the Religion you had when you closed the Window. (The Outremer Bloodline is a perfect Example. You need to be catholic or fraticelli to have the Option to form Outremer but if you switch back to Reformed Germanic while the Window is open, the Outremer Bloodline will be active on germanic Characters.
- Make sure that every Hero in the Warrior Lodge produces Offspring.

I think that was everything. I hope that I could help.

• 1Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
You don't need Enatic Clans to use matrilineal Marriages and you would lose either Ancestor Veneration (and the respective Bloodlines) or Bloodthirsty Gods (and the respective Bloodline) for it.

You're missing one strategy: Enatic clans. Constant matrilineal marriages, so all bloodlines will stack.
Does Enatic Clans make the AI prefer matrilineal marriages for unlanded courtiers? If yes, I agree this might be useful. But I suspect the answer here is "no"...

Does Enatic Clans make the AI prefer matrilineal marriages for unlanded courtiers? If yes, I agree this might be useful. But I suspect the answer here is "no"...
Even if it would, it would only affect Realms that follow your reformed Religion, so....yours and you should have enought Control over your Realm to make sure that no Bloodline that already is in your Realm dies out.

Not sure about unlanded, but definitely landed vassals.
Even if it would, it would only affect Realms that follow your reformed Religion, so....yours and you should have enought Control over your Realm to make sure that no Bloodline that already is in your Realm dies out.
Who says your realm is the only one following your religion? Yeah, for some playstyles it will be, but for others it may not.

Let's say, for example, that you reform with Warmongering and Enatic Clans. You get the matriarchal deposition CB to put a woman on the other country's throne. Women of the deposed ruler's dynasty will be eligible for the position, with someone of your religion given preference. So... you raid nearby countries, capture memebers of the ruling dynasty. Once adult, take them as consorts then marry them off to someone in your court, and have their daughters raised in your religion. Those daughters will then be perfect to put on that throne. You can surround yourself with female-ruled countries of your religion - and then marry any interesting historical bloodlines they may have into your own line. And it gives you many chances to make saints of your religion...

As for missing out on bloodthirsty bloodline - just get that first. Reform one religion with BG, get the bloodline, switch religion and reform with EC and AV. Up in northern Europe there are at least three pagan religions which are easy to get three holy sites for. If someone's looking for maximum amount of blodlines, that's unlikely to be the tricksiest thing they get up to.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Not sure about unlanded, but definitely landed vassals.

Who says your realm is the only one following your religion? Yeah, for some playstyles it will be, but for others it may not.

Let's say, for example, that you reform with Warmongering and Enatic Clans. You get the matriarchal deposition CB to put a woman on the other country's throne. Women of the deposed ruler's dynasty will be eligible for the position, with someone of your religion given preference. So... you raid nearby countries, capture memebers of the ruling dynasty. Once adult, take them as consorts then marry them off to someone in your court, and have their daughters raised in your religion. Those daughters will then be perfect to put on that throne. You can surround yourself with female-ruled countries of your religion - and then marry any interesting historical bloodlines they may have into your own line. And it gives you many chances to make saints of your religion...

As for missing out on bloodthirsty bloodline - just get that first. Reform one religion with BG, get the bloodline, switch religion and reform with EC and AV. Up in northern Europe there are at least three pagan religions which are easy to get three holy sites for. If someone's looking for maximum amount of blodlines, that's unlikely to be the tricksiest thing they get up to.
Or you could just use Holy Wars to expand your Realm. If your Goal is to get maximum Bloodlines, the Depostion CB is useless.

Furthermore did you seem to miss the Point. The Goal is to get the maximum Amount of Bloodlines. So getting the Bloodthirsty Bloodline only once isn't the Goal. The Goal is to get it on every single Character that you play to stack them up.