• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

heliostellar

Field Marshal
102 Badges
Dec 29, 2005
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Semper Fi
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Impire
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
In looking at the event and anomaly files, it looks like the only way to actually get Zro is to trigger the an anomaly (anomaly.150) on a gas giant. Unfortunately, the pre-req to even get the anomaly is to already have the Zro Distillation tech (tier 3 Psionic tech). This is fairly late into the exploration portion of the game, which usually means that my scouts are already pretty far away from my home territory.

Has anyone had any luck leaving a small patch of unexplored stars near their home sector to make sure you actually get accessible Zro?

PS -- this requirement is kind of ridiculous, since it doesn't apply to Dark Matter.

Last edited:
In looking at the event and anomaly files, it looks like the only way to actually get Zro is to trigger the an anomaly (anomaly.150) on a gas giant. Unfortunately, the pre-req to even get the anomaly is to already have the Zro Distillation tech (tier 3 Psionic tech). This is fairly late into the exploration portion of the game, which usually means that my scouts are already pretty far away from my home territory.

Has anyone had any luck leaving a small patch of unexplored stars near their home sector to make sure you actually get accessible Zro?

PS -- this requirement is kind of ridiculous, since it doesn't apply to Dark Matter.
I almost never find Zro in a normal game, though maybe that's because I almost never go Psionic. Though that would be the worst, requiring that have to be psionic to harvest zro? It would make more sense to allow non psionic empires to mine zro so that they can sell it to psionic empires at a premium.

Zro is very rare but it has been increased in one of the recent updates. I got it naturally all the time (huge galaxy).

You don't have to go psionic to have the zro research. Although it's useless to research that then.

AFAIK you have 3 options

1) luck out that there is zro on the galactic map
2) Invade a holy guardian FE homeworld and take their zro producing facilities
3) Use a mod that allows you to manufacture zro

As you can tell 1 & 2 are not guaranteed to spawn, therefore it's not guaranteed that zro will be present at all in the galaxy.

It's all about those Psionic Shields. Literally an hour after I posted this I ended up finding a deposit next to my borders, but this is extremely, extremely rare.

Part of the issue with this particular resource is that if it pops up in a Materialist empire, they can never mine it and sell it on the market. If no one is producing it, then you cannot buy it from anyone.

I think they should revisit that anomaly and remove the requirement to have Zro Distillation tech. Either that or have another event like the Dark Matter one that gives you a random deposit.

even on 2.4 I rarely ever see zro deposits, and I think i have seen it more often while not playing a spiritualist when I did, i do think they should increase the spawn rate of a few of these rarer resources / events, based upon your ethos would help a lot.

I've seen 2 zro deposits in all my games since 2.2 started. I play on huge galaxies every time, and I have games where zro literally doesn't exist in the galaxy more often than not. Or if it is found, there's less than 5 deposits in the galaxy, often only 1 or 2. When I do actually find it, I'll never get the tech to mine it. They need to buff Zro spawn rates to be on par with dark matter. It's ridiculous that I might only find 1 zro per 500 stars.

I've seen 2 zro deposits in all my games since 2.2 started. I play on huge galaxies every time, and I have games where zro literally doesn't exist in the galaxy more often than not. Or if it is found, there's less than 5 deposits in the galaxy, often only 1 or 2. When I do actually find it, I'll never get the tech to mine it. They need to buff Zro spawn rates to be on par with dark matter. It's ridiculous that I might only find 1 zro per 500 stars.

A fixed instance like the below Zro anomaly for the gas giant in the system with the psionic entity that's locked away behind a wormhole (even if you set the #ofwormholes to 0) would be great for small galaxies it fits the theme of the system but it would mean 2 good things in one system, so other anomalies with at least 1 per galaxy might be better like a new class of voidborne or special plants on a planet.

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...vanced-hyperlanes-and-places-for-zro.1144878/

A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away...

Since all systems are explored and we don't have zro... why not create a new system so we can explore MOAR? Well, L cluster would be your preliminary choice for triggering this anomaly.