• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm playing as France with the whole world mod. I usually like mid-sized nations, but I decided to try something different, and while the game started off normal, it's started turning into a weirdness magnet.
First up:

The Dutch would beg to differ.

And now we start getting weird:

In this alternate history, the reformation began in Egypt. And about 20 years earlier. The Mamluks started off as Muslims, but somewhere along the line they converted to Catholics. They were never conquered or anything, so I have no idea how. I wisely decided to arrange a royal marriage.

So if Catholic France having a royal marriage with the Protestant Mamluks in the 1480s isn't ridiculous enough, I've got one last screenshot for you...

:wacko:

Wow there is a lot of Bitching on this forum.
Anyway try to find out what is happening in this screenshot:
EU3_29.jpg

Revolters can annex the country that they revolted from.

DukeOrsino said:
I'm playing as France with the whole world mod. I usually like mid-sized nations, but I decided to try something different, and while the game started off normal, it's started turning into a weirdness magnet.
First up:

The Dutch would beg to differ.

And now we start getting weird:

In this alternate history, the reformation began in Egypt. And about 20 years earlier. The Mamluks started off as Muslims, but somewhere along the line they converted to Catholics. They were never conquered or anything, so I have no idea how. I wisely decided to arrange a royal marriage.

So if Catholic France having a royal marriage with the Protestant Mamluks in the 1480s isn't ridiculous enough, I've got one last screenshot for you...

:wacko:

They have one Catholic province at the beggining, i think it's the answer.

Iwanow said:
They have one Catholic province at the beggining, i think it's the answer.
Out of control Zealots! :D

In my game the USA is North of Canada. And smaller. And has less money. And a smaller army.

Louisiana owns, like, the entirety of Central America and most of the southern-half of North America.

That's one big state.

Me.

They spawn if you forget take too long to siege back a province that their nationalists captured. They just appear suddenly and you lose those provinces, and they snag a few of the provinces around them too. I actually annexed Quebec twice on two seperate appearances of them. The first time when they overthrew Venice, the second time when they overthrew Granada.

Granada, I should add, is currently catholic, having resurfaced when Castile broke and collapsed. It split into Portugal (which it had conquered), Granada, and Aragon (which France had conquered). Then Castile resurfaced when Portugal quite literally fell apart.

In 1782 I finally managed to cause France to shatter. The annoying part is that when it shattered it simply switched into a giant Hainaut, a medium-sized Provence, and Burgundy. :/ Giant Hainut.

Me.

Iwanow said:
I never saw any post-colonial country, i mean like brazil, paraguay, etc. creation...
Brazil was released by Germany (me) forcing its owner, Alsace(sp?).

Also, you should see my game (same). Paraguay and Argentina are the big guys in South America.
Venezuela and Colombia have also formed, but they are no big.
EU3_MAP_GER.jpg

the green nation is Paraguay, south to it is Arg.

DukeOrsino said:

my theory is that pretender rebels arose from Beirut, their only catholic province, and then the pretenders won. That usually converts the country to the religion of the province where the pretenders came from.

It can't be zealots, because they can't convert cross religious group

The Haitian conspiracy...

"Let's spend all our suggar money on all them cardinals so we can tell the Lord about them vile Northcumberlenders"

haiti.jpg