• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(103443)

Corporal
1 Badges
Jun 5, 2008
  • Darkest Hour
Just invaded UK as Ger. 1941 and USA is a UK ally. German army of 9+ divisions in Edinburgh is attacked by 2 British divisions to the south. The Ger army is also attacking north to Glasgow so is flanked, but the British attack is puny, looking at the combat screen the red bar is far on the left. My own attack on Glasgow (from two sides - they cannot retreat) is a typical Aod attritional slugfest. Despite the fact that they are surrounded, attacked from two sides and outnumbered the combat bar sticks stubbornly slightly in my favour, maybe 60% and hardly moves. It's the usual Aod, where every battle is the Somme. With AoD could take a week tor resolve. That;s fine, Ive got used to that in AoD.
The big problem is that suddenly, I get message: your army in Edinburgh is destroyed! The two-man southern attack wiped out a 9 division army even tho' the ger army was at good org and the combat bar was showing them easily winning?
This is the third time I've had a large, strong Ger army wiped out in Uk but at 2 to 9 it was definitely the most ridiculous combat result. Any suggestions as to what is the mechanic behind these bizarre combat results? I'm only messing around with AoD, it's so poor compared to DH, but up to now its kinda made some sense, in a novelty game way. But unless I can work out what's happening here hardly worth continuing.

Last edited: