• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Poor, poor Aragon. They didn't deserve this fate.

It would appear that Mike doesn't like Aragon as much as we thought. :p

Chapter 588

The Provence ruler, fearing for his safety due to a shared border with France, agreed to be a vassal of the Republic for added protection. Meanwhile, the independence war declared by Dutch West Indies concluded with the defeat of Netherlands despite no contributions from the Republic. Sadly, trouble was brewing when Austria, during the peace talks with Hungary, took some Italian provinces. The Doge was horrified to learn this development but his demand for explanation was ignored by the Austrian ruler. It was becoming obvious that conflict between these two nations were inevitable now that Austria felt confident she could take on the Republic.

The Republic, in one of her lesser known wars, annexed Bukhara to secure much of Siberia. Despite the region not proving to be rich in any ways, the Doge didn't want nations like Scandinavia expanding further east to share a border with the Republic as he had once again seen history repeated between Nuova Italia and Austria with the relations between the two nations deteriorated. The Doge also took a historical decision where he, following the unification of much of the Italian Peninsula, declared his nation as Italia. Here was the one and true Italia that kept the interests of not only Italians but also all those who lived under the rule of the Republic.

With the formation of Italia, war was declared on Austria to reclaim Italian provinces. The war wasn't even surprising for the Austrians who had increased their garrisons along the border as though they anticipated this conflict. This further solidified the Doge's belief that the Austrians had been plotting this war for a long time. England, Haiti (formerly Dutch West Indies), and Scandinavia all came to the aid of Italia in her fight to regain her cores. The Austrians, however, underestimated the Italians in their desire to retake Italian provinces. Austrian armies were shattered left and right as they were quickly overwhelmed. Soon, Italian provinces were returned to Italia while both England and Scandinavia made some gains from the wars by taking land from Austrian allies.

With peace restored in Europe, the English also accomplished an historical moment with the formation of Great Britain. Both the British Isles and Italian Peninsula were united by their respective people which called for celebrations for both nations. The last war also further solidified the relations between Italia and Great Britain to the dismay of other European nations. The Republic then fought a small war in China to further expand her borders in the region. There would be no nation that could challenge the region unless it dared to take on the Republic who was very much feared in Asia.

TgYTOTG.jpg

pOBBHqd.jpg

That Russian bordergore is horrifying. Will you try to fix it at some point?

No! Now all of Italy is ruled by backward foreigners!
I think you mean their rightful overlords freeing them from brutal French oppression.

Actually, the war was declared on Brittany, not Austria. I totally didn't declare that war to purposely lure an ally holding rightful Italian land into war. :D

Despite appearances, Italy isn't all owned by Italia. Venice is still part of Hungary, a problem that must be rectified.

I wonder by the end of this AAR if I'll have an ally that hasn't either stabbed me in the back, broken the alliance, or had constant border tension with. I can't think of a single one. :p

I think you mean their rightful overlords freeing them from brutal French oppression.
Italy shall never bow to any oppressors, whether they're the French or the false Italians. Mussolini will one day rise, free Italy from its chains, and restore it as the rightful ruler of the Mediterranean! :p

Italy shall never bow to any oppressors, whether they're the French or the false Italians. Mussolini will one day rise, free Italy from its chains, and restore it as the rightful ruler of the Mediterranean! :p
Nouvo Italians are more Italians than actual Italians, because Actual Italians got conquered by the French.

Nouvo Italians are more Italians than actual Italians, because Actual Italians got conquered by the French.
How do we know that Nuova Italia wasn't behind the French invasion, so they could justify their own invasion?

How do we know that Nuova Italia wasn't behind the French invasion, so they could justify their own invasion?

Because the BBB must exist in a constant state of expansion. If it ever stagnates, it dies.

Because true Italians know that only Italians can invade Italians.

That Russian bordergore is horrifying. Will you try to fix it at some point?

I'm not sure if Mike has enough time to make them look better.

No! Now all of Italy is ruled by backward foreigners!

The Republic is always western tech so I wouldn't call its people backwards. :p

Better Neapolitan ruling over Italy than the French invaders! :)

Actually, the war was declared on Brittany, not Austria. I totally didn't declare that war to purposely lure an ally holding rightful Italian land into war. :D

Despite appearances, Italy isn't all owned by Italia. Venice is still part of Hungary, a problem that must be rectified.

I wonder by the end of this AAR if I'll have an ally that hasn't either stabbed me in the back, broken the alliance, or had constant border tension with. I can't think of a single one. :p

You abuse your allies to the limits. What else do we expect from Doge Michelangelo? :p

There's still a century to go from the end of this game before we know for certain. :p

Well, I would say technically the elites of Nuova Italians are the true descendants.

What made you think France needed some help convincing them to invade? The French are warmongers during the EU4 era. :p

Because the BBB must exist in a constant state of expansion. If it ever stagnates, it dies.

If it stagnates, it becomes Revolutionary France. :p

Because true Italians know that only Italians can invade Italians.

Just as only the Russians can conquer Russia. :p

Chapter 589

Italia wouldn't be complete until she restored her historical territories. War was soon declared on Hungary resulting in Italia and Great Britain fighting Hungary, France and the Netherlands. As the main Hungarian army was crushed, Italia called in Scandinavia into the war to help the fight in the north against the Netherlands. Focusing on eliminating the minor players in the war, Italian troops were deployed against the Dutch armies which were vastly outnumbered. With French troops sent to Hungarian provinces to reinforce Hungary armies, Italian soldiers had free reign over French territory and the occupation of a third of her territories forced France to exit the war.

France ceded all her Mediterranean holdings and a single province was given to Provence. With France gone, the Doge ordered his men to focus on the Netherlands who still was a thorn in their side. The Dutch made minor gains against Scandinavia but they were soon overwhelmed by the Italian forces who arrived from France. In the east, the Republic attacked Qi which was the main focus of Japan. The Doge didn't want Japan to become even stronger to the point they were a threat. Qi was soon annexed and, by then, the war in Europe was entering its final stages with both the Dutch and Hungarians suffering horrendous losses.

Netherlands lost Holstein to Scandinavia and was forced to release Friesland in the peace deal but, to the dismay of the Doge, Friesland was integrated months later back into the Netherlands. Following this, the Hungarians got their peace deal resulting in their loss of their entire coastline. Provence was integrated into Italia in the years to follow this war. War was renewed in the east when the Doge declared war on the Indian state, Bharat. Mewar entered the war to aid Bharat but the war was decided the moment it was declared. With far superior technology and having numerical superiority, the Republic easily crushed the two Indian states.

Mewar first handed over her coastlines while Bharat had to cede her western coastlines and a few inland provinces in India along with some Chinese provinces and the release of several minor Chinese states. A minor war took place in African when the Republic came to the aid of Scandinavia but the details of the war were largely forgotten. Yan was attacked in the east a few years later while the Papal States were targeted in the west. Yan was easily defeated and annexed and the Papal States suffered the same fate. Meanwhile, the British annexed Scotland in one of her wars.

QIKyLoT.jpg

brHnuNu.jpg

Maybe we should start considering moving the capital to either somewhere in China or Italy. It just doesn't seem right to keep it in Sumatra.

You failed to mention the creation of Cologne in my botched peace treaty with the Netherlands and their later expansion by forcing Liege to hand over cores to them. I felt quite attached to them after accidentally setting them free. :p

There's like some strange law in this game that no matter who I target in Europe, the Netherlands will somehow get in my way. :rolleyes:

Maybe we should start considering moving the capital to either somewhere in China or Italy. It just doesn't seem right to keep it in Sumatra.

Originally forming Italy moved it to Rome, but trade income dropped dramatically, so I altered the decision so it remained in Sumatra. Lots of money can be gained by funnelling all the wealth of China to Malacca. ;)

Originally forming Italy moved it to Rome, but trade income dropped dramatically, so I altered the decision so it remained in Sumatra. Lots of money can be gained by funnelling all the wealth of China to Malacca. ;)
Yeah Malacca is a good node, definately worth keeping a stranglehold on. And anyway, I bet by now Sumatra is a pretty nice place to live given how long it has been under your glorious rule.

Well, this might make sense story-wise. Game-wise, not so much. :p

You failed to mention the creation of Cologne in my botched peace treaty with the Netherlands and their later expansion by forcing Liege to hand over cores to them. I felt quite attached to them after accidentally setting them free. :p

There's like some strange law in this game that no matter who I target in Europe, the Netherlands will somehow get in my way. :rolleyes:

Until Cologne conquers half of Europe, they won't be mentioned. :p

Yeah Malacca is a good node, definately worth keeping a stranglehold on. And anyway, I bet by now Sumatra is a pretty nice place to live given how long it has been under your glorious rule.

It's one of the more advanced regions in the world. It might be better developed than Europe considering how few battles even took place there in the last few centuries. :p

Wow 1809 already! I'm surprised.

Yup, we are flying through this to the end. :)

Chapter 590

Great Britain, looking to reclaim Cornwall, attacked France and brought Italia into the fray. The French only had the Dutch to turn to during the war. Yet, their combined navy won a devastated naval victory resulting in the Italian navy losing fifty ships in the process. A small war against Korea was taking place in Asia but such a minor war was easily forgotten by most. A small conflict in Africa against Ashanti also took place but this ended within a few months and wasn't even registered as a war in Italian archives. While Korea was annexed into the Republic, the Italians were having much more success on land against France. Soon, they were a few weeks distance from Paris.

The Republic proceeded to attack Mewar next to keep her soldiers in Asia busy. They were clearly not needed in Europe following the fall of Paris in roughly a hundred days. The newly built Italian armada managed to take on the French fleet and sunk over two dozen ships to avenge the fifty ships lost earlier in the war. France was eventually completely occupied and Italian soldiers marched into Netherlands where they fought in one of the largest battles in European history. A hundred eighty six thousand Italian soldiers were fighting a hundred thirty thousand Dutch and French soldiers during the peak of the battle. This battle ended inconclusively due to the sudden end of the war.

Great Britain reclaimed Cornwall and gave Italia the French provinces she had claim to. Hainaut was freed from oppression while large sums of ducats were paid in the form of reparation. The war in India concluded with Mewar ceding territory to the Republic. A new alliance with Pomerania saw the Republic pulled into her defensive war against Russia who was experiencing a civil war. Russia was also fighting Persia so the multi-front war was going poorly for her. The war concluded with Pomerania gaining more land and Italia gaining a lot more ducats as a result.

In Asia, wars were renewed with the Republic at war with Oirat and Bharat. Both of these nations were caught up in their own wars so Italian troops had an easy time marching in and crushing what little resistance they could put up. Oirat and her vassal, Kham, were first annexed into Italia. Gondwana was attacked next since the war against Bharat was coming to a close. The New World was also considered fully colonized at this point. Gondwana was annexed first and Bharat soon ceded all the provinces the Doge wanted. Afterwards, Italian troops were busy suppressing the rebels in the newly conquered regions and, within a few years, they maintained ordered and all rebels were eliminated.

Thus, we have arrived at the end of this AAR. I wish to thank everyone who followed along. It has been a lengthy ride for sure (almost 600 chapters :p). Below are just some maps of the final world map. Enjoy!

Lg0NX86.jpg

2MM3tdo.jpg

jioj8q8.jpg

thSnOoy.jpg

atexMUa.jpg

NTIE3G5.jpg

B2kHNdb.jpg

7ERBcoZ.jpg

XC2iyIl.jpg

bnVtuLJ.jpg

About time Britain took Cornwall. I can't tell you how many times I tried to get France to cough up that province for them but they never accepted it. :rolleyes:

You forgot the betrayal of another ally. I bet the Scandinavians regret breaking our alliance after Nuova Abruzzo got hungry and swallowed up Vinland. :p

I think I'm mostly happy with how the borders turned out. The European borders are nice and smooth, which is pretty good considering that's the hardest place to expand. India isn't bad either, seeing as I had to rush at the end to grab all that land. Japan kind of screwed up Manchuria for me, but that's my own fault for encouraging their expansion. I probably could have cleaned up borders in Africa and the Americas, but never got around to it.

Out of all of this, the most beautiful thing on that map is glorious Brunei and their absolute control of Borneo. Best protectorate ever. :D